Migrant domestic workers

• Advertisement
  • Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Yeah but with a Lebanese Family
    I know but she will be tried in Kuwait under the Kuwaiti judicial system so speaking about the Lebanese judicial system and the corruption in Lebanon is not relevant here

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I know but she will be tried in Kuwait under the Kuwaiti judicial system so speaking about the Lebanese judicial system and the corruption in Lebanon is not relevant here
    As if the Kuwaiti Judicial System in better on that matter, Let them try their locals first for what they do to their workers there.

but I agree with you it has nothing to do with the leb Judicial system.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    As if the Kuwaiti Judicial System in better on that matter, Let them try their locals first for what they do to their workers there.

but I agree with you it has nothing to do with the leb Judicial system.
    When it comes to migrant workers' abuse, we are angels compared to Khalijis

Haruun

Haruun

What do you expect from a society that wears their sectarian and religious background like a brand and a badge yet is bankrupt morally and ethically? Ironic... the more "religion" I see and hear in the streets the less dignified, honest, and ethical the people are. Down with this systemic religious corruption, yes to ethics and morality, to genuine and faith.

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    Tfaddalo ba2a!

[VBTUBE]I0ZXvVpNxbI[/VBTUBE]

Shame SHAME to be Lebanese!

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    Tfaddalo ba2a!

Not sure if the beaches are to be blamed, or simply the Lebanese families who bring their migrant domestic worker with them to the beach: why would you need her to come with you anyways?!

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    Not sure if the beaches are to be blamed, or simply the Lebanese families who bring their migrant domestic worker with them to the beach: why would you need her to come with you anyways?!
    The beaches should allow any paying customer to enter.

Now if the families are retarded and pay the domestic worker's entrance and not allow her to swim, that's their problem, but if you, as a modern employer, want to treat your domestic worker with a day at the beach, then why would the beach forbid her to swim, while they accept your money for her entrance right?

baloo

baloo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tfaddalo ba2a!

What if " La Bonne " is Russian or lets say Lebanese ?!

They should have added that question to the survey .

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    What if " La Bonne " is Russian or lets say Lebanese ?!

They should have added that question to the survey .
    Well, Lebanese men bring russian wh.ores to beaches with them, and they swim (sometime wearing strings!)... But when it's an innocent ethopian taking care of kids, beaches will not allow her... Go figure.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    The beaches should allow any paying customer to enter.

Now if the families are retarded and pay the domestic worker's entrance and not allow her to swim, that's their problem, but if you, as a modern employer, want to treat your domestic worker with a day at the beach, then why would the beach forbid her to swim, while they accept your money for her entrance right?
    Well, if I had a migrant domestic worker, I wouldn't take her with me to the beach (it's both our day-off, not sure we want to spend it together at the beach)... But if she wants to go on her own during her day-off, I'll have no problem with that.

As for the beaches, they're letting them in free of charge. In exchange, they can't use any of the facilities (pool, gym, etc). I don't find this scandalous: imagine you want to go in free in any beach, they'll just tell you OK go in but sit and watch - you don't pay, ya3neh you don't get to do anything.

What I find scandalous is the fact that even when they suggest to pay, they still don't let them in and/or use the facilities... To me, this other video is more shocking and revolting.

[VBTUBE]http://youtu.be/R_Y6WU_zh9g[/VBTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Y6WU_zh9g&feature=channel&list=UL

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    Well, if I had a migrant domestic worker, I wouldn't take her with me to the beach (it's both our day-off, not sure we want to spend it together at the beach)... But if she wants to go on her own during her day-off, I'll have no problem with that.
    Everybody's different. Some consider their migrant domestic worker as their slaves. Others consider them as an employee (the only relationship is work relationship).

But some consider them just like Western families consider their au-pair: as a young woman earning a salary but somehow part of the family. Believe me I know some like that. The maid might have a day off, but she is also invited for family activities, including lunches and dinners out.

Some people want to treat their employees by inviting them to the beach on their day off. You don't have to, but I don't know many migrant workers who know their way around to get to the beach, even less able to pay an entrance...

As for the beaches, they're letting them in free of charge. In exchange, they can't use any of the facilities (pool, gym, etc). I don't find this scandalous: imagine you want to go in free in any beach, they'll just tell you OK go in but sit and watch - you don't pay, ya3neh you don't get to do anything.
    If the beach resort accepts you to enter without paying and not use the facilities, then it's one thing. But if they only allow domestic workers to enter for free as part of their slave job, then they shouldn't let them in at all!

What I find scandalous is the fact that even when they suggest to pay, they still don't let them in and/or use the facilities... To me, this other video is more shocking and revolting.

[VBTUBE]R_Y6WU_zh9g[/VBTUBE]
    Flat Out Segregation at Lebanese Beaches - YouTube
    But either way as you said, this doesn't excuse that some beaches ask for money and then not let them use the pools. This is pure racism!

Salmoun

Salmoun

People who care about this issue must boycott these resorts!

This modern human slavery must stop! What is the new “a7wel ejtemi3iye wal 3amal” minister doing to improve the foreign workers situation in Lebanon? Why C&R block don’t propose a machrou3 anoun to improve the situation of foreign workers? Is it a big economical issue that no one wants to address? How much the market of modern slaves in Lebanon is estimated?

I am going with some European friends this summer to Lebanon! One of them is black! Will they refuse that he goes to the pool? I hope not because they will need to call the police to shut my mouth!

I think that I will propose to my friends that we use the free entrance gate opened for those who want to profit from the public property without using the resorts facilities! Going to the beach in order to stay in a swimming pool is a little bit stupid!

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

First of all, I am against all kind of foreign workers on our Lebanese land.
    If you need to hire people for a specific job, you should hire Lebanese citizens, that's all.
    The Lebanese citizens need the jobs much more than any foreign worker.

Second of all, the problems that the "Foreign domestic workers" are experiencing go very deep into the "Lebanese insecurities and issues" that we all possess deep down(immigration status abroad, sexual repression, recognition as a "big nation", and recognition among society).

mikeys71

mikeys71

People who care about this issue must boycott these resorts!

This modern human slavery must stop! What is the new “a7wel ejtemi3iye wal 3amal” minister doing to improve the foreign workers situation in Lebanon? Why C&R block don’t propose a machrou3 anoun to improve the situation of foreign workers? Is it a big economical issue that no one wants to address? How much the market of modern slaves in Lebanon is estimated?

I am going with some European friends this summer to Lebanon! One of them is black! Will they refuse that he goes to the pool? I hope not because they will need to call the police to shut my mouth!

I think that I will propose to my friends that we use the free entrance gate opened for those who want to profit from the public property without using the resorts facilities! Going to the beach in order to stay in a swimming pool is a little bit stupid!
    Most likely yes. Couple years ago there was an executive from Foundry network on a business trip to Lebanon to help put a network together for a local ISP provider. At the end of his trip His Lebanese host wanted to treat him to a night out. He was denied entry to a club just because he was an Indian. Little they know that he is by far smarter then all of them at this club and he probably makes enough money to buy the club with one year salary....

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

First of all, I am against all kind of foreign workers on our Lebanese land.
    If you need to hire people for a specific job, you should hire Lebanese citizens, that's all.
    The Lebanese citizens need the jobs much more than any foreign worker.
    Great, so you would also advocate that other countries stop hiring Lebanese citizens too? And what if you can't find any Lebanese citizen who is willing to do the job? Or capable of doing the job?

Second of all, the problems that the "Foreign domestic workers" are experiencing go very deep into the "Lebanese insecurities and issues" that we all possess deep down(immigration status abroad, sexual repression, recognition as a "big nation", and recognition among society).
    Allow me to disagree... It just goes into the Lebanese blatant Racism and superiority complex. We think we're the smartest on earth and say stuff like (Balady balad el Hadara) and we're probably in the bottom quartile in terms of world development.

This reminds me of a small anecdote that happend 15 years ago. My parents came to France and I took them out to dinner with a few friends, one of whom was from Taiwan... My mom, God bless her, was amazed at how our Taiwanese friend seemed so knowledgeable as she thought that the Taiwanese were all in sweatshops producing cheap products for Lebanese to buy :)...

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

Lebanon is not an "Immigration Country".
    Lebanon cannot sustain foreign labor.

Countries like Canada, USA, Germany, France, and any other big country are "Immigration Countries" and therefore are certainly able to sustain foreign workers.

Lebanon is a different story and a very considerable proportion of the citizens are emigrating to different countries to find a job.
    Next time you are willing to hire someone, think twice and think about hiring your brotherhood.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Lebanon is not an "Immigration Country".
    Lebanon cannot sustain foreign labor.

Countries like Canada, USA, Germany, France, and any other big country are "Immigration Countries" and therefore are certainly able to sustain foreign workers.

I'm pretty sure a lot (if not the majority) of people would strongly disagree with your statement in France. You can't pick and chose. Either you enforce "national preference" and should accept it be applied to you or you don't believe in this concept.

Next time you are willing to hire someone, think twice and think about hiring your brotherhood.
    Ridiculous concept. When you're hiring a person you should hire the person who is best fit for the job period. Your statement is illegal in a lot of countries (e.g. France, US). Also, not sure what you mean by "brotherhood"... Just because a bozo was borne in Lebanon from Lebanese parents, does that mean he is my "brother"? Really? What if the guy is a racist, criminal SoB?