Migrant domestic workers

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

Why are you comparing Lebanon to France?
I just explained to you that France is an Immigration country and they have different agendas such as growing their population and growing their economy and therefore they are constantly accepting new immigrants every year.

I guess you are either not a Lebanese citizen or you have something against Lebanese citizens.
If you have the chance to hire Lebanese citizens and help them financially, you opt for the "Foreign worker"?

No wonder there is no unity in Lebanon.
Your thoughts are counter-productive to the Lebanese citizens.

• Advertisement
  • S

Salome

If you have the chance to hire Lebanese people and help them financially, you opt for the "Foreign worker"?.
    If Canada decides that they favour the pure Canadians over the immigrants that would be fine with you right? That would be just patriotic thing to do based on your logic.

Lebanon is screwed up from so many angles that you think the domestic workers tip the balance here?? Mistreatment of domestic workers shows only how "mature" the society is and no counter argument of "favouring home made lebanese" will wash this away!

LebanonUSA

LebanonUSA

Most likely yes. Couple years ago there was an executive from Foundry network on a business trip to Lebanon to help put a network together for a local ISP provider. At the end of his trip His Lebanese host wanted to treat him to a night out. He was denied entry to a club just because he was an Indian. Little they know that he is by far smarter then all of them at this club and he probably makes enough money to buy the club with one year salary....
    When I worked with Médecins Sans Frontières in Lebanon back in 1999, we had a British doctor (anesthesiologist) volunteering for a few months. The "problem" we had was, he was of Sri Lankan decent... The guy doesn't know a single Sri Lankan word and spoke with the typical English accent. I'll let your imagine run rampant on the civilized treatment he received when he was there by people who were 1/4 as educated as he was.

I'm sorry, but we as a people are disgusting.

CedarJet

CedarJet

If Canada decides that they favour the pure Canadians over the immigrants that would be fine with you right? That would be just patriotic thing to do based on your logic.

Lebanon is screwed up from so many angles that you think the domestic workers tip the balance here?? Mistreatment of domestic workers shows only how "mature" the society is and no counter argument of "favouring home made lebanese" will wash this away!
    This is not a comparison. A Canadian citizen is supposed to be treated equally, no matter their background. However, if a Canadian company was about to hire a non Canadian citizen, they have to prove that they could not find a suitable/capable/qualified, Canadian citizen, for that position.

I'm not in this debate, I'm just clarifying this point.

Also, there is no such thing as a pure Canadian.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

I just explained to you that France is an Immigration country and they have different agendas such as growing their population and growing their economy and therefore they are constantly accepting new immigrants every year.
    Thank you for explaining to me what France is. Have you been there? I'm pretty sure Claude Gueant and Marine LP would totally subscribe to your agenda. If you don't know what you're talking about, avoid saying things that don't make sense.

I guess you are either not a Lebanese citizen or you have something against Lebanese citizens..
    You guessed very, very wrong. Try again

If you have the chance to hire Lebanese citizens and help them financially, you opt for the "Foreign worker"?

If I can't find a Lebanese worker who is as qualified, why do I need to make a decision based on nationality? You still don't understand that every individual warrants respect, regardless of their nationality. If they are qualified, hard working Indonesian, what is the problem with hiring them?

If unity is to be based on your racist ideas and if Lebanese citizens are waiting for your "productive" ideas then good luck...

PS would you feel the same if the migrant workers were French, Spaniards or German?

Rock

Rock

Thank you for explaining to me what France is. Have you been there? I'm pretty sure Claude Gueant and Marine LP would totally subscribe to your agenda. If you don't know what you're talking about, avoid saying things that don't make sense.

You guessed very, very wrong. Try again

If I can't find a Lebanese worker who is as qualified, why do I need to make a decision based on nationality? You still don't understand that every individual warrants respect, regardless of their nationality. If they are qualified, hard working Indonesian, what is the problem with hiring them?

If unity is to be based on your racist ideas and if Lebanese citizens are waiting for your "productive" ideas then good luck...

PS would you feel the same if the migrant workers were French, Spaniards or German?

I guess you are either not a Lebanese citizen or you have something against Lebanese citizens.

You are both not talking about the same subject....

1- overwhelming numbers of foreign house workers.
    2- work and equality in rights for foreign workers in lebanon.

it seems to me you can start by stating you opinions on each matter... maybe you will find that you agree on many things if not all.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

You are both not talking about the same subject....

1- overwhelming numbers of foreign house workers.
    2- work and equality in rights for foreign workers in lebanon.

it seems to me you can start by stating you opinions on each matter... maybe you will find that you agree on many things if not all.
    The only thing I'm talking about is 2.... This is the topic of the thread. To turn it around and imply that these poor workers are to blame for their own ills because they are "foreign" and came to Lebanon is racist and scandalous to say the least...

To say you should never hire foreign workers and only hire Lebanese is economically stupid and socially retarded but hey, you don't want to hire a foreign worker, then don't... Are there Lebanese capable and willing to do their work? Great, go hire them if you want...

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

The_Lebanese_Nationalist

What you say does not matter.

What matters is what the Lebanese citizens need the most at the moment in Lebanon, on the Lebanese soil.
    Jobs and money are what the Lebanese citizens need the most at the moment in Lebanon.
    Therefore, jobs and money should be offered to the Lebanese citizens and not the Foreign workers.

Foreign workers should be grateful and thankful of what they are able to get in Lebanon. In their countries, they are barely able to eat with their monthly wages.

Your writing is very ironic and that you are currently working in France.
    We would have thought that you would been somewhat angry that you were not able to find a job in your own country.
    Doesn't that make you angry?

Learn to give the priority to the citizens of your own country first, and then we will move forward as a country.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

True, but neither does what you say...

What matters is what the Lebanese citizens need the most at the moment in Lebanon, on the Lebanese soil.
    Jobs and money are what the Lebanese citizens need the most at the moment in Lebanon.
    Therefore, jobs and money should be offered to the Lebanese citizens and not the Foreign workers.

Great, so halla' wi'fit 3ala el SriLankie? They are the cause of the economic problems that Lebanon is going through? And this is what you are aspiring to? Hire Lebanese as domestic servants to create wealth and growth in the economy? Seriously? Do you have any notion of how growth and wealth is created?

Foreign workers should be grateful and thankful of what they are able to get in Lebanon. In their countries, they are barely able to eat with their monthly wages.

Very true, and they should also be grateful we don't beat them every evening and they are allowed to eat ... After all they came to Lebanon so they should expect to be treated as slaves given how racists and ignorant most Lebanese are

We would have thought that you would been somewhat angry that you were not able to find a job in your own country.
    It makes me very relieved to say the least... First, I never looked for a job in Lebanon, second, I would have never dreamed of getting the professional and personal experiences I have if I had stayed in Lebanon... So you can go and ... with your preference nationale...

Learn to give the priority to the citizens of your own country first, and then we will move forward as a country

Of course... Again, ou'fit 3a hayda. Learn not to be racist, to respect other human being, treat them with dignity and as equal, then maybe you can move forward as a human...

Rock

Rock

Learn to give the priority to the citizens of your own country first, and then we will move forward as a country.
    I work in France...
    Are you suggesting the french should treat me like lebanese treat foreigners? and i should be grateful?!

S

Salome

This is not a comparison. A Canadian citizen is supposed to be treated equally, no matter their background. However, if a Canadian company was about to hire a non Canadian citizen, they have to prove that they could not find a suitable/capable/qualified, Canadian citizen, for that position.

I'm not in this debate, I'm just clarifying this point.
    It so in many other countries, while citizens (in many EU countries being EU citizen is enough) are treated equally, companies can decide to discriminate based on citizenship or ethnic origin unofficially. Officially having a permanent work permit should allow equal access to the labour market. Like in most EU countries if someone faces discrimination at work he/she can turn to various bodies for support and protection.

Also, there is no such thing as a pure Canadian.
    yep it's not the best example of pure it was just chosen bc our patriotic fellow lives there...funny the double standards he holds, would qualify only for right wing parties in EU and would suggest him being deported back to Lebanon asap:D

but heyy we know now the source of all the failures and misery in Lebanon: it's the foreign workers!!!

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    First of all, I am against all kind of foreign workers on our Lebanese land.
    If you need to hire people for a specific job, you should hire Lebanese citizens, that's all.
    The Lebanese citizens need the jobs much more than any foreign worker.

Second of all, the problems that the "Foreign domestic workers" are experiencing go very deep into the "Lebanese insecurities and issues" that we all possess deep down(immigration status abroad, sexual repression, recognition as a "big nation", and recognition among society).
    By your logic, Canada should not bring Lebanese workers to Canada and give those who qualify as permanent workers Canadian residency (and citizenship afterward).

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

1. It's not the foreign workers fault if there are few jobs in Lebanon.
    2. Being treated like an animal is not something to thank for...

LebArmenian

LebArmenian

We are the low class

Duchy behavior makes by blood boil,I would have had. Major fight with that hostess ...*****
    dont use that word now :) although she deserves more, but let's remain respectful.

anyways, those people are m3a22adin cz they didnt pass the MEA selection and instead they got to work from MEAB as ground hostesses.

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    طردت شركة طيران الشرق الأوسط الموظفة التي تصرفت بطريقة عنصرية مع العمال الأجانب يوم السبت الفائت في مطار بيروت الدولي، بحسب موظف في الشركة.
    وأوضحت الشركة على صفحتها على موقع التواصل الإجتماعي "فايسبوك" أنها اتخذت "إجراءات تأديبية قاسية" بحق إثنين من موظفيها أظهروا سلوكاً عنصرياً، إلاّ أنّ مسؤولاً في شركة طيران الشرق الأوسط أفاد وكالة "أسوشيتد برس" بأنه تم فصل الموظفة.

وترافق ذلك مع تقديم عريضة من قبل مستخدمي الإنترنت لمطالبة شركة "الميدل إيست" بتقديم إعتذار بعد أن كان المدون عبد شاهين إشتكى من عنصرية تعامل موظفي المحطة الأرضية لشركة طيران الشرق الأوسط مع العمال الأجانب.
    وكانت الموظفة نادت عبر الجهاز الذي يغطي المطار برمته، بأنه يتوجب على العمال الأجانب الصمت، قائلةً: "فيليبينو والنيبال لا يسمح بالحديث هنا"، وسخرت منهم بتشجيع من زميل لها كان يقف إلى جانبها عند باب مغادرة المسافرين حيث تعمل.

وهذا وأكدت شركة طيران الشرق الأوسط أنّ "هذا النوع من السلوك يمثل حالة معزولة، وهو يعارض نظامها الداخلي بنسبة 100%، ولا يدخل ضمن ثقافة الشركة، ويتعارض أيضاً مع إجراءات التدريب".

وعلى الرغم من ذلك، رأى عدد من العملاء أنّ شركة طيران الشرق الأوسط يجب أن تعتذر علنياً، فيما طلب البعض الآخر بتسمية الموظفين المتورطين في الحادثة.
    من جانبه، أشار المواطن ميشال حاتم إلى أنّ "العنصرية غير مقبولة ولاسيما من قبل موظفي شركة طيران الشرق الأوسط".

ويضيف حاتم: "كمواطن لبناني أفتخر بشركة "الميدل إيست"، وأود أن أرى النتيجة الملائمة المتخذة لضمان عدم تكرار مثل هذه الحادثة مرة جديدة".
    من جهته، يتساءل المواطن مازن حجار: "ماذا عن الشفافية وتوضيح من هم المتورطين، والإجراء المتخذ بحقهم؟"، مضيفاً أنّ هكذا تصرف يعكس "ثقافة غياب المساءلة".
    ويتابع حجار متوجهاً إلى الشركة: "من واجبك إبلاغنا -كعملاء- عن الإجراء المتخذ".
    Ntv

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    What's shocking in the MEA story is that only one man saw in this a racist behavior.
    Only one man dared to make the move and accuse the hostess.

Makes you think how many of those incidents happen without being denounced

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What's shocking in the MEA story is that only one man saw in this a racist behavior.
    Only one man dared to make the move and accuse the hostess.

Makes you think how many of those incidents happen without being denounced
    "Great things have small beginings"----- The Hobbit trailer :biggrin: