Migrant domestic workers

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What's shocking in the MEA story is that only one man saw in this a racist behavior.
Only one man dared to make the move and accuse the hostess.

Makes you think how many of those incidents happen without being denounced
i was flying once from Africa to Beirut and one hostess was sbouting at an African passenger to move as she claimed he was blocking the seats for other passengers....

it turned out he was a Minister and he was trying to access his business class seat......

she did not apologize, and turned her back and moved, other lebanese passengers shouted on her and told her and the cabin , that she must come back and apologize openly or else the flight wont fly.....

the Minister was really embarrassed and asked us to let it go, but no one agreed until the pilot came and apologized and she as forced to apologize......

we lebanese have a sick mentality, that many of us thinks we are superior to others, while in reality we are way below others, and only one you become an expat and live abroad you shall realize that, only if you have gotten a brain :)

• Advertisement
  • dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    What's shocking in the MEA story is that only one man saw in this a racist behavior.
    Only one man dared to make the move and accuse the hostess.

Makes you think how many of those incidents happen without being denounced
    Regarding the sanction imposed by MEA (firing the airport hostess and sanction against her male colleague), I wonder whether the idea that "she was rude/impolite to the passengers" is only related to the passenger that complained because he is Lebanese and started a campaign.

What if the complainants were Filipino or Nepalese. Would MEA have reacted?

I will tell you a story that I heard from a former colleague:

She is Indian married to an American. She lived in the US but didn't have her US citizenship yet. She went to Lebanon as part of an NGO project to support the improvement of local NGOs. As an Indian citizen, she was treated like a maid trying to find work in Lebanon. She was coming to Lebanon to help this retarded country, and they treated her as of lower class! What image does that give of Lebanon? I feel really ashamed sometimes. I'm afraid of taking black friends to Lebanon because they might have problems not just to enter the country, but to actually enjoy the country, its nightclubs, its beach resorts, its "charming and hospitable people", etc.

A friend of mine is dating a Chinese girl in France, and that Chinese girl is hated by the guy's family for racist reasons.

Now back to the "Lebanese expats: would you ever consider returning to Lebanon?" F*** this s*** man, Europe rocks! People saying you could live well in Lebanon [if you have money] are morons who never left the country!

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    Lebanese mindset: White europeans/americans > Lebanese > Rest of yellow/brown/black world

J. Abizeid

J. Abizeid

HRW calls for prosecution of army officials behind migrants' assault | Al Akhbar English

HRW calls for prosecution of army officials behind migrants' assault

Two migrant workers demonstrate how Lebanese soldiers forced them to kneel, one next to the other, in Beirut on October 8, 2012. (Photo: Human Rights Watch - Nadim Houry)

Published Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Human Rights Watch has called on the Lebanese judiciary to investigate and prosecute army and intelligence officials behind a vicious night-time assault on more than 72 migrant workers this week.
    “By engaging in such a nasty and possibly xenophobic attack against migrants, these soldiers acted more like a gang than a national institution,” said Nadim Houry, deputy director of the Middle East and North Africa division of the New York-based advocacy group.
    “Lebanon's army is not above the law and the judiciary needs to immediately investigate this attack and hold those responsible to account,” he added.
    HRW along with a number of media outlets gathered consistent testimonies from the victims, all of whom are male migrants with legal residency papers in Lebanon. According to the reports, a heavy deployment of soldiers raided several apartments housing migrant workers in Achrafieh's Gietawi neighborhood.
    Upon barging into the apartments they forced the men to kneel on the floor as they insulted them, walked over them, kicked them and punched them, sometimes with rifle butts.
    The army went ahead with the assaults without telling the men about the reasons for the raid. At some point, one of the soldiers scolded the men for “harassing women” but did not question them about a specific incident.
    “Whenever I would try to ask the army what was happening, they would tell me to shut up and beat me. They just wanted to humiliate us,” an Egyptian worker told HRW.
    Several local residents said they saw seven migrants, their faces covered, sitting in a military jeep, though the victims could not confirm any arrests.
    HRW released a picture of a man with fresh scabs across nearly half of his back.
    The reasons for the attack are still unknown, and army officials have flatly denied that an assault ever happened.
    The October 7 raid is not the first brutal and mysterious attack on migrant workers to happen of late at the hands of the army. Exactly one week before the incident, residents in another Achrafieh area reported that soldiers had stormed a construction site at midnight, while workers were sleeping. Witnesses heard screams from inside the building.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Those innocent "migrant workers" apparently have been harassing and attacking locals.

They have no respect for the rules, they have no respect for our country and no respect for our countrymen... the fact that there is 1 Lebanese against having those thugs taught a lesson is sad.

Even the resident and Mukhtars of Ashrafieh, Rmeil and Safi support the Army's action because the situation with those "innocent migrant workers" was getting "unbearable"...

Army says to continue raids, halt harassment by migrant workers | News , Local News | THE DAILY STAR

God bless the army.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Those innocent "migrant workers" apparently have been harassing and attacking locals.

They have no respect for the rules, they have no respect for our country and no respect for our countrymen... the fact that there is 1 Lebanese against having those thugs taught a lesson is sad.

Even the resident and Mukhtars of Ashrafieh, Rmeil and Safi support the Army's action because the situation with those "innocent migrant workers" was getting "unbearable"...

Army says to continue raids, halt harassment by migrant workers | News , Local News | THE DAILY STAR

God bless the army.
    There is a rule of law that should be applied ya habibe.

Migrant worker or not, you do not go around beating anyone and everyone!!!

If they are really doing something unlawful, why not take them to jail and let the justice system do something about it.

In Montreal, an important part of the lebanese community doesn't follow the law and has committed countless fraud.
    Do you think the Canadian army should go to their places and beat the [email protected] out of them?

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Did you even read the link I posted?

The army did take 11 people in... the only reason they got violent is because the workers got violent first when the army wanted to search their work permit... and since I have seen first hand how thuggish some of these migrant workers can be, I wouldn't put it pass them and I would definitely believe the army's story over theirs.

NewB

NewB

Legendary Member
    In Montreal, an important part of the lebanese community doesn't follow the law and has committed countless fraud.
    Do you think the Canadian army should go to their places and beat the [email protected] out of them?
    My tax money goes to those assholes so yes the Canadian police should go and beat the **** out of them for abusing the system.

J. Abizeid

J. Abizeid

I want to be very clear to why I’m posting this:
    I have absolutely nothing against the Lebanese Army which I respect and some of its leaders are good friends of mine. The issue is from those giving the orders and making the army look bad. And my good friends in the LA fully understand my point.
    I cannot hide or ignore the fact that the picture we see doesn’t look good at all…
    We need to change our mentality and mind set…
    It’s about time!

Lebanese army to press on with migrant worker raids | Al Akhbar English

Lebanese army to press on with migrant worker raids

A migrant worker, who described being beaten by Lebanese soldiers, shows his bruises in Beirut on October 8, 2012. (Nadim Houry/Human Rights Watch)

Published Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Lebanese army vowed Thursday to press on with raids on migrant workers alleged to have harassed locals. The statement comes on the heels of a flurry of reports this week about a vicious series of night-time assaults against dozens of migrant workers at the hands of the military.
    The army also chastised critics of the military's campaign against migrant men, which has seen workers in the Achrafieh district of Beirut receive a torrent of heavy beatings and insults, reportedly before they were told about accusations leveled against them.
    “[The army] rejects subversive behavior towards the [military] institution under the guise of migrant workers' rights,” said a statement from the armed forces.
    It claimed that the raid on the migrants followed complaints of harassment and other crimes against local residents. It added that the physical assault of workers began only after migrants “resisted” the army's orders.
    “We regret if our security work affected any innocents,” said the statement.
    Consistent testimonies gathered from over 20 men by Human Rights Watch (HRW) and other major media outlets suggest otherwise. All report being forced to kneel on the ground as the soldiers walked over them, kicked them and punched them. One of the victims said the soldiers threw water on him after being told to open a friend's laptop.
    There is no evidence that migrants were questioned about allegations against them.
    HRW issued a strongly worded statement Tuesday calling on the Lebanese judiciary to investigate and prosecute army and intelligence officials responsible for the night-time raids.
    In an apparent show of defiance against detractors, the army called on Lebanese citizens to inform security forces of any case of violence by migrant workers against locals.
    “Calls from local residents from various Lebanese areas demanding a crackdown on harassment and attacks against young men and women in residential areas are plentiful,” said Thursday's statement, adding that complaints would be dealt with “swiftly”.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    This is the peak of lebanese racism.I find the pic very offensive and disappointing.

The ugly woman in that pic is using her maid like the way we use our cars and plant flags on them.and why does a sri lankan/asian maid have to accompany her to a political rally and then use the maid to carry a political party/militia's flag in the rally? Was the maid employed as a political tool? It reminds me of bahrain-soon we'd have pakistanis and indians rally against the weapons of the resistance,supporting the farteen! Can't the ugly lebanese woman carry her own flag? Everyone should "carry his own cross".

Chris306

Chris306

This is the peak of lebanese racism.I find the pic very offensive and disappointing.

The ugly woman in that pic is using her maid like the way we use our cars and plant flags on them.and why does a sri lankan/asian maid have to accompany her to a political rally and then use the maid to carry a political party's/militia's flag in the rally? Was the maid employed as a political tool? It reminds me of bahrain-soon we'd have pakistanis and indians rally against the weapons of the resistance,supporting the farteen! Can't the ugly lebanese woman carry her own flag? Everyone should carry his own cross.
    Did you ever think that perhaps she is elderly and cannot do so?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    She doesn't look handicapped.she can walk and she's got nicely dressed hair and in trousers like a 16 year old.I think she's fine.and I'm sure if you interview her she would talk like a parrot! You can convince me with your point if she was on wheelchair.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hope you choke on that you sick "bourgeois"

The ugly woman in that pic is using her maid like the way we use our cars and plant flags on them.and why does a sri lankan/asian maid have to accompany her to a political rally and then use the maid to carry a political party/militia's flag in the rally? Was the maid employed as a political tool? It reminds me of bahrain-soon we'd have pakistanis and indians rally against the weapons of the resistance,supporting the farteen! Can't the ugly lebanese woman carry her own flag? Everyone should "carry his own cross".
    Actually she's probably bringing her to carry the "zouwwede"

There's a difference between blind hatred and actually blind,hence, did you see the freaking shoes that lady is wearing?

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    this is the peak of lebanese racism.i find the pic very offensive and disappointing.

ليش نيتك عاطله؟ البنت مقتنعة بالقضيه

Aegon

Aegon

Lol why is this racism? This is actually pretty funny. This taunt supports the lebanese forces and wants to go to a rally, this sri lanki works for her so I see nothing wrong here..just typical lebanese... and what if this sri lankiyi is a christian and supports the LF, Ihave met some that do. And no need to attack her looks, it is uncalled for.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lol why is this racism? This is actually pretty funny. This taunt supports the lebanese forces and wants to go to a rally, this sri lanki works for her so I see nothing wrong here..just typical lebanese... and what if this sri lankiyi is a christian and supports the LF, Ihave met some that do. And no need to attack her looks, it is uncalled for.
    you remind me of the member who was defending banning domestic staff from swimming

typical lebanese backward mentality.................bass when you guys travel oversees, [] you line in lines and [] you take instructions from these same domestic staff people......

its not your fault, you were raised with the idea that you belong to the supreme race of lebanese.....

Last edited by a moderator:
    Aegon

Aegon

you remind me of the member who was defending banning domestic staff from swimming

typical lebanese backward mentality.................bass when you guys travel oversees, [] you line in lines and [] you take instructions from these same domestic staff people......

its not your fault, you were raised with the idea that you belong to the supreme race of lebanese.....
    Hey hanna, sri lankis work in lebanon for money, they are not slaves. They have the freedom to work with whomever offers them a job. And I don't support discrimination, I don't support banning certain people from pools, meen 2allek? YOU have the typical lebanese backward mentality of always prejudging people. You don't know **** about me, and u don't know **** about this lebanese woman.. what if she has arthritis or somethin and can't hold the flag, shu khasak enta to mock her and her looks? []

Last edited by a moderator: