Ministry Minister of Energy and Water (NEW) Raymond Ghajar

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Most of what you said is speculations which while plausible are not reliable to assess responsibility. You may want to look at facts.

The hard cold facts that any citizen can look at are that the MoE created the plan, got it approved in the council of ministers, tried to implement it and did not get funding. Funding comes from the MoF not MoE. If you are a little more resourceful citizen you will see that the justifications for withholding the funds go from one ambiguous technicality to another. For this to happen the MoE and EDL personnel would be incompetent to the point of being unable to follow process while the MoF would be the gold standard of compliance and adherence. These are the facts, there are no judgments and no theories. If after looking at this, you still want to put it all on the MoE whomever holds it, then yes you deserve the leaders you got.
What was the initial plan of the MoE? Building 3 power plants?

Note that am not saying FPM handled it flawlessly, I for one think there are far more efficient ways to have manage the whole situation. But to blame them for the lack of profgress is disingenuous to say the least.
I didn't say I blame them, I said that you cannot be surprised if the Lebanese blamed them because they kept getting the ministry, never backed down from promising the Lebanese 24/7 electricity and stayed in government when they (according to FPM) got obstructed. Why wouldn't they resign if they were truly not benefiting and they're truly victims of a conspiracy of M14 and M8 to deny them the win that they deserve?

• Advertisement
  • CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    What was the initial plan of the MoE? Building 3 power plants?

I didn't say I blame them, I said that you cannot be surprised if the Lebanese blamed them because they kept getting the ministry, never backed down from promising the Lebanese 24/7 electricity and stayed in government when they (according to FPM) got obstructed. Why wouldn't they resign if they were truly not benefiting and they're truly victims of a conspiracy of M14 and M8 to deny them the win that they deserve?
    There was a whole plan for rehabilitation, conversion of old plans and rebuilding new ones.

In your first part you’re talking about PR management. I spoke at length about the abysmal performance of FPM in that field. Still though, the citizen is responsible for looking for his own interests and when facts like these are available and he still goes after the MoE, then he got himself in this shit more than anything. Mind you a lot of these average joes are simply doing it to spite FPM, this is the truest form of bekhra bi shenteneh nkeyeh bi tizeh. They shield the ones that block the progress and then complain about the lack of progress.

As for the resignation History showed us very well that it would have resulted in nothing. I said before, in the government, outside of the government and with/without resigning the system will still renew the power of the corrupt. Outside of the corrupt circle parties can do little if anything. So off with that system.

dyyyy

dyyyy

Excellent reasoning for why one should in the same breath blame FPM for working with corrupts and all the while pin on them exclusively the responsibility for the electricity. This sort of rhetoric is precisely why I said a lot the Lebanese don't deserve more than their leaders. And then you wonder why Anal and the rest of the corruption kings are so emboldened: people are so easily swayed away and let them get away with their. All those mighty independents sing hela hela ho while Ali Khara Khalil, unscathed, rapes everyone a little more. Wallah ser2etkoun 7alel!
    no noone is pinning "exclusively" FPM. But FPM's using a free pass by comparing themselves to Amal or LF or anyone doesn't work anymore.

You told me the first time Ali Hassan Khalil sabotaged their plan. They're the ones who explicitly accepted the same scenario 3 other times.
    When Cesar Abi Khalil promised 24 hours electricity, Amal had the finance ministry it was the exact same situation from the previous ministry that couldn't make these reforms,so on what basis did he make this claim ?

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    the problem goes back to the pre 2005 era. the cabinet back then approved a very shady contract that enabled a politically connected cartel to rise, making plenty of money by providing lower grade fuel oil while falsifying the test results, and many of these proceeds went back to politicians, who always ensured that the continuity of the contract. the amount of money we are talking about are obscene, and it seems that everybody is in on this plot, from franjiey, to the LF through the rahme brothers and zr-energy, walid jumblat, and to a lesser extent nabih birri and hariri through the bassatnis.

now the rahme brothers have fled from justice, so did the last bassatni brother who was smuggled out of the airport despite a warrant in his name, franjiyi is providing protection to the general director of the fuel installations sarkis hleis, while the yellow media who is no doubt on the payroll as well is spreading confusion like usual and trying to clean the slate of the involved parties.

this is a little bit of the history of the issues from FPM's ministers
    minute 2:55 are they talking about this thread?