FPM Ministry of Energy and Water - Nada Boustani

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
Bassil should be wiped here with all ministers of energy and send to prison for life for the environmental disaster
Destroying the most prestigious and important valley in Lebanon
Adonis mythical valley
Worst ahd in Lebanese history
Worst ecological historical disaster in Lebanon 🇱🇧 history
@Aoune32!
@Resign
@joseph_lubnan
@Muki
@FPMer

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Bassil should be wiped here with all ministers of energy and send to prison for life for the environmental disaster
    Adonis mythical valley
    They are blinded by this:

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Adonis mythical valley
    @Aoune32!
    @Resign
    @joseph_lubnan
    @Muki
    @FPMer
    do you have pics how it was before?

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    They are blinded by this:

True brother
    Dams are biggest lies and stealing under FMP
    4 billion dollars stealing
    And destruction of ecological systems plus Earthquake possibility in Bessri
    Take Emil Lahoud
    50 million dollars dams in Keserwan chabrouh
    Giving water to keeerwan and matn
    I don’t like him but much better than this catastrophic ahd

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Man you sound like a typical stupid haririst defending Solidere!
    heik tol3et ma3ak eh? i was never supportive of the eco friendly renewable energy projects that FPM has undertaken, because renewable energy is a joke and a big mistake in a country like Lebanon. not to defend myself, but rather to strip you naked from your stupid and blind accusations.
    What a lame excuse.. if dam project will destroy our nature and heritage then it is simply not suitable for the job!
    And again im pretty sure that these dams will not contribute to anything in the future but will be a giant hole and more of garbage place.. just give it 20 years and you will see!
    if it wasn't for the chabrou7 dam there would literally be no running water in all of kesrwen and jbeil today. people are buying citerns all over Lebanon, in particular in the major cities because of the water shortages. sad chabrou7 did not turn into "a giant hole and more of garbage place", to the contrary, it is rather very clean and it became an attraction site for people to visit. besides if the dams ever turn into garbage fills, it is a reflection on the people, not on the project itself.
    There are millions of way to provide water to the people by other means than destroying our nature and heritage..
    no is destroying neither your nature nor your heritage. but really, millions of ways? name some ta nshouf. ktir impressive inta.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    heik tol3et ma3ak eh? i was never supportive of the eco friendly renewable energy projects that FPM has undertaken, because renewable energy is a joke and a big mistake in a country like Lebanon. not to defend myself, but rather to strip you naked from your stupid and blind accusations.
    Which renewable energy project are you talking about?

You simply can not get that there are people who actually cares about their environment.. these dam projects whoever is behind them are not but a destructive force!

They are not much different from those who were behind filling our sea with land they are actually the same people/companies behind these destructive projects!

if it wasn't for the chabrou7 dam there would literally be no running water in all of kesrwen and jbeil today. people are buying citerns all over Lebanon, in particular in the major cities because of the water shortages. sad chabrou7 did not turn into "a giant hole and more of garbage place", to the contrary, it is rather very clean and it became an attraction site for people to visit. besides if the dams ever turn into garbage fills, it is a reflection on the people, not on the project itself.
    chabrou7 dam if you ask me it was built in more suited area but I could be wrong about its bad environmental impacts!
    The chabrou7 dam after all seems to be like in the middle of nowhere unlike the other dam project places which have more historical and natural value!

Also lets not kid ourselves many of the dams in Lebanon go through some kind of neglectance from time to time..

no is destroying neither your nature nor your heritage. but really, millions of ways? name some ta nshouf. ktir impressive inta.

Yes it is.. and some already did but lets say you don't care and if anything this little comment of yours did is stripped you naked and showed that you are only defending the dam project because the laymouni party si behind them!

Yes there are many alternatives.. I think they should take to account the location, the heritage, whether it is a natural preservation or not and what the cost of the bad impacts would be!

If we take the bisri into account then no big dam project is suitable in that place clearly!
    Alternatives could be smaller dams.. there are many alternatives and different type of dams and I'm no expert to say which one is the best but I don't need to be an expert to see how some of these huge dam projects are not suitable when they are destroying the heritage of that area!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member

وطنية - ردت الحركة البيئية اللبنانية على "البيان الصادر عن وزيرة الطاقة السيدة ندى البستاني بتاريخ 6/1/2020 حيث صرحت بأنه "ما من سد يقام في لبنان من دون تقييم الاثر البيئي ..."، ببيان أوضحت فيه "للرأي العام، أن الأعمال في سد المسيلحة قد بدأت في آب 2014 دون دراسة تقييم للأثر البيئي مسبقة لتنفيذ المشروع وموافق عليها من قبل وزارة البيئة، وبالتالي تكون وزارة الطاقة قد خالفت المادة 21 من قانون حماية البيئة رقم 444/2002 والمرسوم التطبيقي له "أصول تطبيق تقييم الأثر البيئي" رقم 8633/2012".

وذكرت الحركة البيئية أنها "تقدمت بتاريخ 13/8/2014، بشكوى أمام وزارة البيئة عن أعمال ردم وطمر تجري في سهل المسيلحة الزراعي وتهدد الموقع الأثري، فجاء رد وزارة البيئة في 12/9/2014 يفيد بأن الوزارة تحركت للتحقق، ويبين أن الأعمال الجارية في سهل المسيلحة الزراعي هي تنفيذا لمشروع سد وبحيرة المسيلحة دون إقامة دراسة تقييم أثر بيئي. وقد توجهت وزارة البيئة بكتاب إلى الجهات المعنية لتوقيف الأعمال لحين تزويد وزارة البيئة دراسة تقييم الأثر البيئي لمراجعتها واتخاذ القرارات المناسبة بشأنها عملا بالقوانين المذكورة أعلاه. إلا أنه وكالعادة، ضربت وزارة الطاقة عرض الحائط هذا الكتاب والإجراءات التي فرضتها وزارة البيئة. واستكملت الأعمال على حساب المناطق الزراعية والمساحات الخضراء والمنطقة الأثرية".

وأشارت إلى أن "التمنع عن إجراء هذه الدراسة مسبقا وإخضاعها لمراجعة وزارة البيئة عرضت المنطقة وموقع السد تحديدا إلى أضرار كبيرة على الصعيد البيئي والزراعي والاقتصادي والاجتماعي والتنوع البيولوجي، لم يعد من الممكن اليوم تفادي وقوعها ولا حتى تقدير قيمة هذه الخسارة للتعويض. علما أن المادة 58 من قانون حماية البيئة 444 تعاقب من نفذ مشروعا يستوجب دراسة فحص بيئي مبدئي أو تقييم الأثر البيئي من دون إجراء هذه الدراسة مسبقا أو إخضاعها لرقابة وزارة البيئة والوزارات والإدارات المختصة بالحبس من شهر إلى سنة، وبالغرامة من خمسة عشر مليونا إلى مئتي مليون ليرة لبنانية، أو بإحدى هاتين العقوبتين".

ولفتت الحركة البيئية الى أنها "بعد مراجعتها وزارة البيئة، تبين أن وزارة الطاقة استحصلت بتاريخ 19/12/2019 على موافقة وزارة البيئة على دراسة تقييم الأثر البيئي أي بعد خمس سنوات على بدء تنفيذ المشروع. هنيئا لنا بوزارة تخالف القوانين المرعية الإجراء وتجعل في معظم مشاريع السدود من الزامية دراسة الأثر البيئي والاجتماعي والجدوى الاقتصادية وحماية السلامة العامة مجرد إجراء شكلي".

وطالبت ب"محاسبة وزارة الطاقة والمياه والجهات المعنية بتنفيذ مشروع سد وبحيرة المسيلحة، لمخالفتها القوانين البيئية المرعية الإجراء لمكافحة الفساد السائد في الدولة وحفاظا على بيئة لبنان وطبيعته".

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Which renewable energy project are you talking about?
    it does not matter which projects. i was just giving you examples about projects proposed by FPM that i was not for.

You simply can not get that there are people who actually cares about their environment.. these dam projects whoever is behind them are not but a destructive force!
    i strongly doubt you are more conscious about our environment than i am. the difference however is that in addition to your messed up priorities, you are exaggerating and magnifying the impact of the dams both on nature as well as on "our heritage"
    They are not much different from those who were behind filling our sea with land they are actually the same people/companies behind these destructive projects!
    they actually are much different. we need the water today and our need will rise in the future and we have taken no concrete measures to address that, which makes the dams a strategic need on the long run to ensure that we will be water sufficient.

chabrou7 dam if you ask me it was built in more suited area but I could be wrong about its bad environmental impacts!
    The chabrou7 dam after all seems to be like in the middle of nowhere unlike the other dam project places which have more historical and natural value!
    Also lets not kid ourselves many of the dams in Lebanon go through some kind of neglectance from time to time..
    you are obsessed with the "bad environment impact" mantra. sad chabrou7 provides an excellent solution to a very viable need in the region. the impact of the dams is minimal considering our need for water. in the dams revitalize the ecosystem and provide water for agriculture as well which contributes to greening places that were once horrid.
    Yes it is.. and some already did but lets say you don't care and if anything this little comment of yours did is stripped you naked and showed that you are only defending the dam project because the laymouni party si behind them!
    bala habal.

Yes there are many alternatives.. I think they should take to account the location, the heritage, whether it is a natural preservation or not and what the cost of the bad impacts would be!
    If we take the bisri into account then no big dam project is suitable in that place clearly!
    Alternatives could be smaller dams.. there are many alternatives and different type of dams and I'm no expert to say which one is the best but I don't need to be an expert to see how some of these huge dam projects are not suitable when they are destroying the heritage of that area!
    يهدف مشروع دعم إمدادات المياه الذي تقوده الحكومة اللبنانية إلى زيادة حجم المياه المتاحة لمنطقة بيروت الكبرى وجبل لبنان حيث يعيش حوالي نصف سكان لبنان. ويمول هذا المشروع البنك الدولي والبنك الإسلامي للتنمية والحكومة اللبنانية. في هذه المقابلة، يشرح ساروج كومار جاه، المدير الإقليمي، دائرة الشرق الأوسط، في البنك الدولي، أهمية مشروع سد بسري لحل مشكلة نقص المياه التي طال أمدها في بيروت.

س 1: لماذا توجد حاجة لسد في بسري؟ من سيستفيد منه؟

س 7: هل سيؤثر سد بسري على التنوع البيولوجي الغني في المنطقة؟

جاه:
    هذا سؤال مهم لأنّ الحفاظ على التنوع البيولوجي هو من أهم أولويات هذا المشروع. وقد وضعت خطة عمل مفصلة بهذا الشأن، تستند إلى مسح للتنوع البيولوجي يشمل جميع الأصناف الرئيسية، بما في ذلك البرمائيات والزواحف واللافقريات الكبيرة، فضلا عن معلومات عن الموقع واستخدام الموئل للنباتات والثدييات والطيور والأسماك. وقد تم مؤخراً تحديث هذا المسح من ضمن خطة تعويض ايكولوجي شاملة. والهدف من هذه الخطّة هو التعويض الكامل لتأثير السد على التنوع البيولوجي، وذلك من خلال نقل بعض الأنواع، والمحافظة على الموائل الطبيعية القائمة أو تعزيزها، واستعادة المحاجر المهجورة وتحريجها/إعادة تحريجها. وقد صممت هذه الأنشطة بحيث يحقق التنوع البيولوجي الناجم عن سد بسري "مكاسب صافية" أو في الحدّ لا يتسبب بـ "أية خسائر". يتم إعداد خطة التعويض الإيكولوجي تحت إشراف دقيق من قيب وزارة البيئة ووزارة الزراعة. وقد شكلت الخطة موضوع مشاورات حثيثة خلال الأشهر القليلة الماضية مع مختلف أصحاب المصلحة، بما في ذلك مختلف المؤسسات الحكومية والبلديات والشخصيات الدينية والمنظمات غير الحكومية والاستشاريين ومعاهد البحوث. توشك خطة التعويض البيئي على الاكتمال وستقوم وزارة البيئة بمراجعتها.​

source
    ساروج كومار جا هو المدير الجديد لدائرة المشرق في البنك الدولي اعتبارا من 1 يوليو/ تموز 2017. وتشمل هذه الدائرة كل من إيران والعراق والأردن ولبنان وسوريا. يتمتع جا، وهو مواطن هندي، بتجربة واسعة جداً وهو يتسلم مهامه في المنطقة في مرحلة انتقالية حرجة. وكان جا قد ترأس في السابق وحدة البنك المعنية بالنزاعات والعنف. وشغل قبل ذلك مركز مدير دائرة آسيا الوسطى في البنك الدولي.

تتمحور أولويات مهام جا في موقعه في دائرة المشرق حول: (1) متابعة التواصل مع جميع الجهات المعنية لتوفير القيادة الاستراتيجية الشاملة لعمل البنك بما يتماشى مع تركيز المنطقة على خلق فرص العمل والنمو المستدام والإدماج والحوكمة ؛ (2) وضع برنامج دراسات تحليلية قوي من شأنه إرشاد خيارات السياسة والاستثمار؛ و (3) تشكيل فرق عمل فعالة ومتكاملة تمكَن البنك من تقديم دعم فعال وعالي الجودة يرتكز على النتائج للبلدان الشريكة.​

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

وطنية - ردت الحركة البيئية اللبنانية على "البيان الصادر عن وزيرة الطاقة السيدة ندى البستاني بتاريخ 6/1/2020 حيث صرحت بأنه "ما من سد يقام في لبنان من دون تقييم الاثر البيئي ..."، ببيان أوضحت فيه "للرأي العام، أن الأعمال في سد المسيلحة قد بدأت في آب 2014 دون دراسة تقييم للأثر البيئي مسبقة لتنفيذ المشروع وموافق عليها من قبل وزارة البيئة، وبالتالي تكون وزارة الطاقة قد خالفت المادة 21 من قانون حماية البيئة رقم 444/2002 والمرسوم التطبيقي له "أصول تطبيق تقييم الأثر البيئي" رقم 8633/2012".

وذكرت الحركة البيئية أنها "تقدمت بتاريخ 13/8/2014، بشكوى أمام وزارة البيئة عن أعمال ردم وطمر تجري في سهل المسيلحة الزراعي وتهدد الموقع الأثري، فجاء رد وزارة البيئة في 12/9/2014 يفيد بأن الوزارة تحركت للتحقق، ويبين أن الأعمال الجارية في سهل المسيلحة الزراعي هي تنفيذا لمشروع سد وبحيرة المسيلحة دون إقامة دراسة تقييم أثر بيئي. وقد توجهت وزارة البيئة بكتاب إلى الجهات المعنية لتوقيف الأعمال لحين تزويد وزارة البيئة دراسة تقييم الأثر البيئي لمراجعتها واتخاذ القرارات المناسبة بشأنها عملا بالقوانين المذكورة أعلاه. إلا أنه وكالعادة، ضربت وزارة الطاقة عرض الحائط هذا الكتاب والإجراءات التي فرضتها وزارة البيئة. واستكملت الأعمال على حساب المناطق الزراعية والمساحات الخضراء والمنطقة الأثرية".

وأشارت إلى أن "التمنع عن إجراء هذه الدراسة مسبقا وإخضاعها لمراجعة وزارة البيئة عرضت المنطقة وموقع السد تحديدا إلى أضرار كبيرة على الصعيد البيئي والزراعي والاقتصادي والاجتماعي والتنوع البيولوجي، لم يعد من الممكن اليوم تفادي وقوعها ولا حتى تقدير قيمة هذه الخسارة للتعويض. علما أن المادة 58 من قانون حماية البيئة 444 تعاقب من نفذ مشروعا يستوجب دراسة فحص بيئي مبدئي أو تقييم الأثر البيئي من دون إجراء هذه الدراسة مسبقا أو إخضاعها لرقابة وزارة البيئة والوزارات والإدارات المختصة بالحبس من شهر إلى سنة، وبالغرامة من خمسة عشر مليونا إلى مئتي مليون ليرة لبنانية، أو بإحدى هاتين العقوبتين".

ولفتت الحركة البيئية الى أنها "بعد مراجعتها وزارة البيئة، تبين أن وزارة الطاقة استحصلت بتاريخ 19/12/2019 على موافقة وزارة البيئة على دراسة تقييم الأثر البيئي أي بعد خمس سنوات على بدء تنفيذ المشروع. هنيئا لنا بوزارة تخالف القوانين المرعية الإجراء وتجعل في معظم مشاريع السدود من الزامية دراسة الأثر البيئي والاجتماعي والجدوى الاقتصادية وحماية السلامة العامة مجرد إجراء شكلي".

وطالبت ب"محاسبة وزارة الطاقة والمياه والجهات المعنية بتنفيذ مشروع سد وبحيرة المسيلحة، لمخالفتها القوانين البيئية المرعية الإجراء لمكافحة الفساد السائد في الدولة وحفاظا على بيئة لبنان وطبيعته".
    never mind, that was a typo :p

Last edited:
    Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    The Nahr Ibrahim valley is wonderful. I've hiked along the river a couple of times, and it's one of the most beautiful regions in the country. You should keep in mind, however, that the dam's footprint is only a small part of the area being described in that article. The valley will continue to be as beautiful as it ever was, and I'm sure the dam will eventually meld in with the scenery.

dam.png

That doesn't instantly make the environmental cost of such a dam insignificant or trivial, but that has always been the issue with dams: they do a lot of good, but there is an initial ecological toll. Looking at only the negative aspects of building dams is myopic. Retaining water is not only crucial to Lebanon's current water shortage problems but also to its security and sovereignty further down the line.

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    The Nahr Ibrahim valley is wonderful. I've hiked along the river a couple of times, and it's one of the most beautiful regions in the country. You should keep in mind, however, that the dam's footprint is only a small part of the area being described in that article. The valley will continue to be as beautiful as it ever was, and I'm sure the dam will eventually meld in with the scenery.

View attachment 17132

That doesn't instantly make the environmental cost of such a dam insignificant or trivial, but that has always been the issue with dams: they do a lot of good, but there is an initial ecological toll. Looking at only the negative aspects of building dams is myopic. Retaining water is not only crucial to Lebanon's current water shortage problems but also to its security and sovereignty further down the line.
    If it was done properly ok
    But not done after 8 years
    Plus all these destruction
    Bro

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    The country's in the top ten most at risk countries for water crisis and the water wars are all but here worldwide. We don't really have the luxury of arguing over the aesthetics of a dam. The environmental impacts need to be minimized to the greatest extent possible, but merely managing groundwater better and desalination will not be enough in the coming months and years.