mistreatment of animals .. between ethics and human need for food

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    For what its worth and not sure what is true but they claim its a research center on the digestive system of cows filmed at night.

But L214 are active across europe and have videoed horrifying things in france, belgium, italy, spain ...

R

Ralph N

Stop eating meat and diary this is how you help the cow....its the only way....at least your doing it for your own peace of mind.

Eating meat and participating in any of this evil things is a sin.. God will never forgive us....

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Stop eating meat and diary this is how you help the cow....its the only way....at least your doing it for your own peace of mind.

Eating meat and participating in any of this evil things is a sin.. God will never forgive us....
    That is totally wrong.. eating meat is not a sin but the process of industrialized farming is a sin indeed!

What we need to do is stop buying industrialized food which is not easy now days specially in the developed western countries..
    I would say buy your food from your small organic local farmers and be there when the animal is slaughtered..

Watching these footage are so hurtful.. how can such people exist is beyond me!
    Something must be very wrong, imaging they do this shit themselves and end up even eating them as well..

R

Ralph N

That is totally wrong.. eating meat is not a sin but the process of industrialized farming is a sin indeed!

What we need to do is stop buying industrialized food which is not easy now days specially in the developed western countries..
    I would say buy your food from your small organic local farmers and be there when the animal is slaughtered..

Something must be very wrong, imaging they do this shit themselves and end up even eating them as well..
    Who told you killing a soul is not a sin?

YOU SHALL NOT KILL...

GOD SAID YOU SHALL NOT KILL..

لا تقتل

He didnt specify whether its human or animal ... he said You Shall Not Kill...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Who told you killing a soul is not a sin?

YOU SHALL NOT KILL...

GOD SAID YOU SHALL NOT KILL..

لا تقتل

He didnt specify whether its human or animal ... he said You Shall Not Kill...
    ye3ni you are saying Jesus eating fish was a sin!?

All biblical prophets clearly ate meat like lamb, fish, dairy products etc.. not huge amount of it probably.
    So no it is not a sin at all.. but what is sin is the cruel way we slaughter and treat animals today!

Real authentic Kosher/Halal food is the good humane way.. but sadly the industrialized way is not!
    There are procedures or rules that these industries can not follow because it would slow their process of mass slaughter!

I'm personally trying to be more of "semi vegan" and not buy products from industries that deal with animal "farming" but it is not easy at all!
    Actually it is extremely hard.. but with time and learning it can happen also finding the right place to buy meat that is slaughtered in humane way and where it is treated in good way is possible even though it have to be through "black market" from small farms!

R

Ralph N

ye3ni you are saying Jesus eating fish was a sin!?

All biblical prophets clearly ate meat like lamb, fish, dairy products etc.. not huge amount of it probably.
    So no it is not a sin at all.. but what is sin is the cruel way we slaughter and treat animals today!

Real authentic Kosher/Halal food is the good humane way.. but sadly the industrialized way is not!
    There are procedures or rules that these industries can not follow because it would slow their process of mass slaughter!

I'm personally trying to be more of "semi vegan" and not buy products from industries that deal with animal "farming" but it is not easy at all!
    Actually it is extremely hard.. but with time and learning it can happen also finding the right place to buy meat that is slaughtered in humane way and where it is treated in good way is possible even though it have to be through "black market" from small farms!
    Jesus didnt eat fish.. It was a translation error from Aramaic to latin I believe. he ate grapes.
    Isaiah who predicted the coming of Jesus condemned animal killings.. Isaiah who was the ONLY one who rightly predicted about a virgin mother and a prince of peace. He was vegetarian and preached it.
    There is no Hallal food in meat.. animal killing is a sin and humanity will pay for it... animals have a life... family love story pain and struggle .. killing them and putting them in the chain of food is as evil as killing any human being... only evil can act evil....
    There is no human way in slaughtering animal.... read about Pythagoras, socrates, Isaiah, and others sages...they all said animal have souls and should not be in the chain of food..

You Shall Not Kill...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Jesus didnt eat fish.. It was a translation error from Aramaic to latin I believe. he ate grapes.
    Isaiah who predicted the coming of Jesus condemned animal killings.. Isaiah who was the ONLY one who rightly predicted about a virgin mother and a prince of peace. He was vegetarian and preached it.
    There is no Hallal food in meat.. animal killing is a sin and humanity will pay for it... animals have a life... family love story pain and struggle .. killing them and putting them in the chain of food is as evil as killing any human being... only evil can act evil....
    There is no human way in slaughtering animal.... read about Pythagoras, socrates, Isaiah, and others sages...they all said animal have souls and should not be in the chain of food..

You Shall Not Kill...

Okay if that was badly translated what about the miracle of the five/seven loaves of bread and two fishes that fed about 5000 ppl according to the NT?
    Or if Jesus peace be upon him was against eating fish why would he go to catch fish with the disciples?

R

Ralph N

Okay if that was badly translated what about the miracle of the five/seven loaves of bread and two fishes that fed about 5000 ppl according to the NT?
    Or if Jesus peace be upon him was against eating fish why would he go to catch fish with the disciples?
    I explained it to you.... It was Grapes not Fish...
    Personally, you have to establish a link with nature so that you know the truth, a lot of the so called holy books are penetrated by evil ... Your connection with God is the only way so that you know the truth...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I explained it to you.... It was Grapes not Fish...
    Personally, you have to establish a link with nature so that you know the truth, a lot of the so called holy books are penetrated by evil ... Your connection with God is the only way so that you know the truth...
    No you didn't explain it to me! Please do, I'm just trying to make sense of what you are saying here.
    So Jesus went with his disciples on a boat to catch grapes from the Lake of Tabariya?

Or are you saying the Gospels and other holy books we have today are penetrated with evil and errors?
    ye3ni are the stories I mentioned made up? Is that what you believe?

R

Ralph N

No you didn't explain it to me! Please do, I'm just trying to make sense of what you are saying here.
    So Jesus went with his disciples on a boat to catch grapes from the Lake of Tabariya?

Or are you saying the Gospels and other holy books we have today are penetrated with evil and errors?
    ye3ni are the stories I mentioned made up? Is that what you believe?
    Okay... so Let me tell you that the stories are changed.. bear with me..
    But I only will explain because you asked it..

Phytagoras
    The 153 story
    “There is an interesting story about Pythagoras that was told that demonstrates His remarkable powers. Pythagoras, in His travels, apparently one day came across some fishermen who were drawing up their nets which were filled with fish. Pythagoras told the fishermen that He could tell them the exact number of fish they had caught, which the fishermen thought to be an impossible task, given how many were caught in the nets. The fishermen said that if He was right they would do anything He said. They counted all the fish and Pythagoras was totally accurate in His estimate. He then ordered the fishermen to return the fish to the sea and for some mystical reason none of them died. Pythagoras paid the fishermen for the price of the fish and left for Crotona. Incidents like this caused Pythagoras’ fame to spread. During one of His lectures in Italy it was said that He gained 2000 disciples from that one lecture alone.”

In this story, though it is not mentioned in this excerpt, Pythagoras counted 153 fish. Take note of that number especially. The number 153 was most significant for being the denominator in the closest fraction known, at the time. Now we go to the story of Jesus and the fishermen in John 21:1-11.

“After these things Jesus manifested Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and He manifested Himself in this way. Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.” They said to him, “We will also come with you.” They went out and got into the boat; and that night they caught nothing. But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. So Jesus said to them, “Children, you do not have any fish, do you?” They answered Him, “No.” And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch.” So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea. But the other disciples came in the little boat, for they were not far from the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish. So when they got out on the land, they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have now caught.” Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn.”

Between the stories we see a few parallels. The one that strikes me the most is the number 153 and the role it played in the story. Both stories include fishermen, nets, fish, and the number 153. I see 2 possible theories to this parallel. It could be that the writer of John was using the number 153 as a “generic” term for “many fish”, since it was a common number at that time or, possibly, we have a writer using the pythagoras narrative to rewrite the story of Jesus as a means of proclaiming his divinity. This appeared to be a common phenomenon in the times of Jesus and after. I remain agnostic on the subject for now..Perhaps with more study I can come to a more solidified conclusion. Please share your thoughts and theories!

The players changed the story so that fish can be eatable...

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @Dark Angel
    the more accentuaded problem resides in the mass farming methods to meet demands, some of these methods are simply neither healthy nor acceptable. i think "eating animals" - if memory serves me right - is the movie that addresses some of these issues, it is not just about animal cruelty.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Halal meat is the worst.