Mixed marriage: are druze more prone to marry muslims (sunni and shia confounded) or christians

I

I am a man

The question goes either way:
A druze male who marries a non druze female
Or
a druze female who marries a non druze male.

• Advertisement
  • Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The non-druze must not like his penis very much.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Their lifestyle is closer to Christians. I know a Druze girl from Hasbaya who's dating a Christian guy from Zahle and their families and friends are ok with it.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Their lifestyle is closer to Christians. I know a Druze girl from Hasbaya who's dating a Christian guy from Zahle and their families and friends are ok with it.
    They will be or chyou3ieh or kawmieh.
    otherelse no way that a durzi girl Marty from another religion. Unless that Christian or Muslim guy are very special like George Clooney or he is in an affiliated organisation.
    Look even SAid Akl wife from joumblatt family have been killed. Thx God that they did not kill Said Akl in time.

S

Saj

Generally for these marriages to work the background and upbringing has to be secular. You’ll find Muslim-Christian marriages among the qawmiyi and the leftists and other educated and secular groups. Not a lot of LFers marrying FM or HA marrying FPMers. But I know a Greek Orthodox qawmi from Marjeyoun married to a Druze woman, an Orthodox qawmi from Koura married to a Shia from Jbeil, and an Armenian leftist married to a Shia man in Beirut. The common denominator - they’re all secular, all educated at AUB/LAU, and if you ask them their allegiance, it is not to their own sect or any sect.

S

Saj

On the negative side, I know a Greek Catholic man married a Druze woman, they had a son, and the pressure on her to leave him never stopped. She finally did leave him. Why would you do that to your child? If you were going to bow to family pressure it should have been before the marriage.

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    There's no studies on it. But I think Druze have mostly married Muslims when they married outside of the faith. I noticed there's more mixing with Muslims from the couples I know (especially in Baysour, which the infamous incident occurred in). I believe it's due to the narrative that Druze are Muslims among the Ignorant rank (Johaal). Which makes that sort of transgression appear more acceptable. But truthfully, when it comes to genetics, the Durzi doesn't change his genetic identity if he marries a Maronite as they're the two closest groups. But it would break the chain of union required through blood.

Last edited:
    AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    They will be or chyou3ieh or kawmieh.
    otherelse no way that a durzi girl Marty from another religion. Unless that Christian or Muslim guy are very special like George Clooney or he is in an affiliated organisation.
    Look even SAid Akl wife from joumblatt family have been killed. Thx God that they did not kill Said Akl in time.
    What's the story about Said Akl's wife? I've never heard it before. It sounds interesting.

Edit: So apparently he was 40 years her senior when he married her. (He was 70, and she was 33 )
    Their sex life must have been boring. No wonder she took here life.

Last edited:
    ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Marouneh aw Roum?
    Since her Druze parents had to help him with the costs, it's mostly likely Marouneh. (The Roum in my village tend to be filthy rich).

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you want to get your zizi cut?