Mother Teresa was a Fraud

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
opular historical figure. During her life, she was named 18 times in the yearly Gallup's most admired man and woman poll as one of the 10 women around the world who Americans admired most, finishing first several times in the 1980s and 1990s. Also, in 1999, a poll of Americans ranked her first in Gallup's List of Most Widely Admired People of the 20th Century. Second, for many people Mother Teresa’s name has become synonymous with Christian charity. For these reasons we should know

• Advertisement
  • ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    opular historical figure. During her life, she was named 18 times in the yearly Gallup's most admired man and woman poll as one of the 10 women around the world who Americans admired most, finishing first several times in the 1980s and 1990s. Also, in 1999, a poll of Americans ranked her first in Gallup's List of Most Widely Admired People of the 20th Century. Second, for many people Mother Teresa’s name has become synonymous with Christian charity. For these reasons we should know
    That's irrelevant. A spiritual guru fraud making tons of money, like Osho, can inspire many people to do good while he is collecting Rolls Royce cars.

C

CK10452

Mother Teresa Was Kind of a Heartless *****

Mother Teresa has been beatified by the Catholic Church, but she's no saint—in more ways than one.

Before Carly Fiorina, before the fraudulent Planned Parenthood videos, there was Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Thanks to the Catholic church's propaganda, we remember the nun as a modern saint, but history tells a different story.
    Catholics have ignored these claims for generations. To this day, the church and its followers love Mother Teresa fervently: A reported 300,000 peopleshowed up to the Vatican to see Pope John Paul II beatify her (the first step to making a dead person a saint).

Before her death in 1997, the nun gained her cult following through opening 517 missions, many in Calcutta, the capital of India's West Bengal state; however, allegations of financial and medical corruption have plagued Teresa's missions for at least two decades. Serge Larivée and Genevieve Chenard, of University of Montreal's Department of Psychoeducation, and Carole Sénéchal of the University of Ottawa, published a paper in 2012 detailing Teresa's crimes: When doctors visited her missions, they reportedly discovered that one-third of patients "lay dying without receiving appropriate care."
    The same paper claims that doctors found a shortage of care, food, and painkillers, although Teresa had raised millions of dollars. Slate also found that Teresa brought in tons of money, but her missionaries looked as bad when she founded them as they did after her death. (During her own illness, Teresa fled to California clinics, Slate reports.) The conditions in her missions were so dire, in fact, that they were once compared to photographs of "Nazi Germany's Bergen-Belsen concentration camp."
    When confronted about these allegations, according to Christopher Hitchens, Mother Teresa said, "There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering."

If there was one group that Teresa avidly wanted to protect from suffering, it was fetuses. According to New York Times, Mother Teresa used her Nobel Prize acceptance speech to speak out against abortion. ''To me, the nations with legalized abortion are the poorest nations," she said. "The greatest destroyer of peace today is the crime against the unborn child.'' (Research shows that abortion happens with the same frequency whether or not it is legal; however, women are 34 times more likely to die from abortion in countries where the procedure is restricted.)
    In 1994, Teresa traveled to Washington, DC, where she delivered a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore in the audience. In this address, she insisted that opposing abortion is as important as preventing child starvation. "Many people are very, very concerned with the children of India, with the children of Africa where quite a few die of hunger, and so on," she said. "Many people are also concerned about all the violence in this great country of the United States. These concerns are very good. But often these same people are not concerned with the millions who are being killed by the deliberate decision of their own mothers. And this is what is the greatest destroyer of peace today—abortion which brings people to such blindness."

That same year, journalists Christopher Hitchens and Tariq Ali created a television documentary called Hell's Angel about Mother Teresa, in which Hitchens accused her of being "a demagogue, an obscurantist and a servant of earthly powers" who would rather denounce abortion and contraception than help the poor. According to the Washington Post, the film also details the nun's close friendships with Charles Keating, a financier who became notorious for his involvement in the 1990s savings and loan crisis, and Jean-Claude Duvalier, the Haitian dictator known as Baby Doc, best known for his reputation of kidnapping and torturing people. Although her missions looked impoverished, Teresa allegedly took money from both these men, who ruined thousands, if not millions, of people's lives.
    Throughout the following decades, Mother Teresa went on to encourage countries and politicians to support dangerous ancient morals. She urged Ireland to vote against a bill allowing divorce in 1995, and the following year she called Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole to thank him for helping ban some late-term abortions. When wearing AIDS ribbons became trendy, she bragged about helping victims—although she hates condoms, which would have saved countless lives. That the potential future saint would simultaneously want to fight AIDS and condom use is not surprising, given her long history of total hypocrisy.
    TAGGED:POPECATHOLICSYOU KNOW WHO SUCKEDMOTHER THERESA
    Subscribe to the VICE newsletter.

Subscribe
    What a joke is this character assassination by Vice because of her views on abortion and divorce!

So unless you subscribe to the lefty post-modern western liberal view of humanity, you are a bad person... Gotcha

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    i am very curious by nature about the human psyche, in particular about what motivates people to do the things they do. why would someone for instance flip out and go on a murdering spree, or why and how someone who seemingly appears to be normal on the surface turns out to be a serial killer, or why would hundreds of people pass a person in need without looking in his or her direction while that one stranger stops to really help.

and the real question that imposes itself in the context of this thread is why would some people go out of their way to attack someone like mother Theresa? this is not the first time this topic is brought up in the forum. so it really spikes my curiosity, what is it about these people that makes them so offended by mother Theresa? mind you that mother Theresa is long dead, and she is survived by the missionaries of charity she established, which numbers about 5000 nuns, spread in more than 100 countries, indiscriminately providing help to the poorest of communities, no questions asked.

so why is that so offensive to some people? and is there a pattern that emerges when observing closely the group of the offended people? what do they have in common? and why does that push them to commit such a travesty? is there stance towards what mother Theresa represents an exceptional outlier or a behavioral norm?

the answers to these questions are in reality quite more interesting than the topic of this thread.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    موضوع ملفت للنظر فعليا... نعم الام تيريزا تعتبر سيدة وراهبة عظيمة وقد قدمت الكثير من اجل الانسانية ومساعدة الفقراء والمظلومين... لا احد يستطيع ان ينكر هذه الامور بل بالعكس لقد اصبحت على مر العصور مثالا يحتذى به. لقد لعبت دورا فعليا على اصعدة مختلفة..

الام تيريزا كانت راهبة كاثولكية ومما لا شك فيه ان احد مهماتها.. لا بل قد اقول ان رسالتها كانت فعلا نشر الكاثولكية في مجتمعها وبين ناسها ومجتمعها وقد اختارت ان تفعل ذلك.. اي نشر الكاثولكية... من خلال افعالها بمساعدة الناس الاكثر فقرا والمحتاجين والمرضي.. وقد نفكر هنا ان الفاتيكان كانت له يد ايضا من اجل مساعدتها على نشر هذه الثقافة الكاثولكية وكانت داعما اساسيا لافعالها الجيدة... مما لا شك فيه ان الفاتيكان يعمل وبدون كلل من اجل نشر الدين المسيحي الكاثوليكي بين الناس وفي مختلف المجتمعات وذلك لاسباب عديدة سياسية اقتصادية الخ اتحفظ عن الاسترسال بها في هذا الثريد...

اذن بالعودة الي الام تيريزا... نعم لقد اصبحت مع الوقت شخصا نافذا.. وقد قابلت اكبر رؤساء العالم ولا يدهشني ان اعرف انها لربما... والله اعلم.. قد دخلت بمكان ما بلعبة النفوذ والسيطرة على عقول البسطاء من اجل الوصول او ايصال فكرة معينة...

بالنسبة لتركها المرضى يعانون اوجاع كما اوجاع السيد المسيح.. ليس من السهل ابدا الحكم على هكذا موضوع... وخصوصا ان هناك العديد من المرضى الذين شفوا بالمقابل من خلال مساعدة موسسات الام تيريزا لهم...

انه فعلا موضوع مثير للجدل ويستحق التوقف عنده... وقد يطرح علامات استفهام حول مدى تدخل الكنيسة والسلطات النافذة بهكذا مؤسسات... وما الدور الذي يلعبه رجال الدين وغيرهم من خلال الاعمال الانسانية التي يقدمونها ولاي غايات..

الام تيريزا تبقى مثلا يحتذي به فعلا

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    What a joke is this character assassination by Vice because of her views on abortion and divorce!

So unless you subscribe to the lefty post-modern western liberal view of humanity, you are a bad person... Gotcha
    She was okay with "abortion" and "divorce" only when it involved Princess Diana. if that's your conservative view of humanity, you can shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    i posted this article in italian , just to point to a fact, that in one of the most prestigious newspaper in italy ( la repubblica ) , considering the vatican huge influence in italy on all levels, should ring some bells ..;) .. dont u think?
    true

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    Micromega is part of la repubblica newspaper ..
    The title : mother theresa was NOT a saint

Why Mother Teresa wasn't as saintly as you'd think
    In this article they are saying she is not a saint for her positions on abortion and contraception
    She is simply following catholic doctrine
    Anyway without being perfect even saints aren’t
    She is the greatest saint of the 20th century for us Catholics with saint Jean Paul 2 and she is an inspiration for humanity all over the world 🌍

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i am very curious by nature about the human psyche, in particular about what motivates people to do the things they do. why would someone for instance flip out and go on a murdering spree, or why and how someone who seemingly appears to be normal on the surface turns out to be a serial killer, or why would hundreds of people pass a person in need without looking in his or her direction while that one stranger stops to really help.

and the real question that imposes itself in the context of this thread is why would some people go out of their way to attack someone like mother Theresa? this is not the first time this topic is brought up in the forum. so it really spikes my curiosity, what is it about these people that makes them so offended by mother Theresa? mind you that mother Theresa is long dead, and she is survived by the missionaries of charity she established, which numbers about 5000 nuns, spread in more than 100 countries, indiscriminately providing help to the poorest of communities, no questions asked.

so why is that so offensive to some people? and is there a pattern that emerges when observing closely the group of the offended people? what do they have in common? and why does that push them to commit such a travesty? is there stance towards what mother Theresa represents an exceptional outlier or a behavioral norm?

the answers to these questions are in reality quite more interesting than the topic of this thread.
    "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember the word I spoke to you, ‘No slave is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. And they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me."

John 15

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    im too lazy to read all the posts here

but i do agree she was over rated

as for vice, it is indeed a leftist floor toilet

still, i'm suspicious of theresa

i dont know for sure tho

because like i said

im too lazy to check

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    im too lazy to read all the posts here

but i do agree she was over rated

as for vice, it is indeed a leftist floor toilet

still, i'm suspicious of theresa

i dont know for sure tho

because like i said

im too lazy to check
    When you win a noble prize and be declared a saint and help millions of people and inspired humanitarian people around the world
    Then we can talk about Saint Theresa

SAVO

SAVO

When you win a noble prize and be declared a saint and help millions of people and inspired humanitarian people around the world
    Then we can talk about Saint Theresa

no thanks ...even ifi were the poorest guy from calcutta ...

i never want to be under her sadistic mercy..

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    no thanks ...even ifi were the poorest guy from calcutta ...

i never want to be under her sadistic mercy..
    She was not sadistic
    She helped tens of millions of people