Gives Hope Mount Lebanon court of Appeal decriminalize homosexuality

• Advertisement
    Can someone explain this in more detail? My Arabic is weak so I don't understand the legal terms in Arabic. Won't homosexuality still continue to be interpreted as illegal as long as Article 534 stands ?

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Can someone explain this in more detail? My Arabic is weak so I don't understand the legal terms in Arabic. Won't homosexuality still continue to be interpreted as illegal as long as Article 534 stands ?
    Article 534 states that people doing "unnatural acts" shall be prosecuted.

The judges and the Mount Lebanon court of Appeal ruled that homosexuality is not an "unnatural act".

However, this doesn't mean that other courts (for example, in the South of Lebanon) will rule the same way.

Article 534 states that people doing "unnatural acts" shall be prosecuted.

The judges and the Mount Lebanon court of Appeal ruled that homosexuality is not an "unnatural act".

However, this doesn't mean that other courts (for example, in the South of Lebanon) will rule the same way.
    This is what I needed to know. So it's not law throughout the country, but is in effect in the Mount Lebanon region. I've heard as well that it will become a national question very soon.

Nasser

I would love to hear the crying sounds of religious men, sheikhs and priests, if such topic about decriminalizing homosexuality is gonna happen and homosexuals became free and not criminalized. Music to my ears.

@Skunk can you please tell Lord Bassil to work on that please? Also we need Civil Marriage and civil personal status law. If he accomplishes those 2, he is good in my book and im voting fpm next elections.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I would love to hear the crying sounds of religious men, sheikhs and priests, if such topic about decriminalizing homosexuality is gonna happen and homosexuals became free and not criminalized. Music to my ears.

@Skunk can you please tell Lord Bassil to work on that please? Also we need Civil Marriage and civil personal status law. If he accomplishes those 2, he is good in my book and im voting fpm next elections.
    All i can say is fingers crossed
    Very Hard mission with all the backwardness around.
    Have a read at all those retarded posts in this thread
    Unfortunately many in Lebanon still share the same hate and opinion

Nasser

Have a read at those retarded posts in this thread
    At least if he really tries to push for these rights, even if he failed, he gets my vote.
    I think civil marriage is slightly easier to accomplish than homosexual rights though.

Does FPM has an official position regarding homosexuality and did they have any efforts to decriminalize it? (as a party, not individuals)

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    At least if he really tries to push for these rights, even if he failed, he gets my vote.
    I think civil marriage is slightly easier to accomplish than homosexual rights though.

Does FPM has an official position regarding homosexuality and did they have any efforts to decriminalize it? (as a party, not individuals)
    Not officially for decriminalizing homosexuality (as far as i’m aware)
    Civil marriage had been called for in the past

Iron Maiden

Have a read at all those retarded posts in this thread
    Unfortunately many in Lebanon still share the same hate and opinion

As long as FPM and its current leaders are branding it a christian party and a holy warrior of christian rights this is completly unfeasable.

FPMneeds to get back to its secular roots for a chance to win that fight

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    As long as FPM and its current leaders are branding it a christian party and a holy warrior of christian rights this is completly unfeasable.

FPMneeds to get back to its secular roots for a chance to win that fight
    Agree
    FPM had to play the holy warrior card for electoral purposes that i admit