• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

MTV in financial difficulty?`

True Lebanese

True Lebanese

I have heard it from many people in MTV that they have not been paid in almost 2 months.

The full time staff were paid on December 28 and again last week after the prop staff went on strike. The freelance staff were last paid on December 24 and are still yet to be paid.

There is talk of more strikes and mass resignations amongst those I talk to when I was there last week.

Can anyone else verify this?

• Advertisement
  • Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix

Rumors...they want it to get to saudi ears...badna flouss!!

All media in Lebanon have financial problems....when rumors pop up, it means they want more money...

True Lebanese

True Lebanese

These are not rumors, I was there last week and and many staff members confided in me and were not happy at being there.

Rumors...they want it to get to saudi ears...badna flouss!!

All media in Lebanon have financial problems....when rumors pop up, it means they want more money...

Vision

Vision

I'm just curious as to how a commercial tv station can remain viable, when none of their playback content have any commercials.

True Lebanese

True Lebanese

Does anyone else know of issues with MTV or Studio Vision not paying bills or entitlements? Or is it just a staff salary issue? (If only there was an emoticon for feeding someone with a spoon)

I'm confused, what is there to verify? You were there and staff told you these stories. Do you want to see their bank account statements? :sneaky2:

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    all the TV stations in lebanon are crap and broadcast crap and most of the shows they put seem to cater to the 75-90 year old demographic. i would not mind seeing them all declare bankruptcy.

Amirkani

Amirkani

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    all the TV stations in lebanon are crap and broadcast crap and most of the shows they put seem to cater to the 75-90 year old demographic. i would not mind seeing them all declare bankruptcy.
    All except Future TV of course... I like FTV, very entertaining :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    All except Future TV of course... I like FTV, very entertaining :)

--------------------------------------------------------
    nah it sucks almost as bad as OTV and NBN.

Bazek

Bazek

TV's in Lebanon time to show some tits to make money instead of bakri festok wou kdameh !

True Lebanese

True Lebanese

FYI MTV staff have now been paid for December but not yet for January

Reactions: Jo
    NMA

NMA

A very close friend of mine was in HR @ MTV a couple of years back

She quit and told me they were having financial difficulties w mish 3am yedfa3o and they were downsizing.

Which might be true but it won't really affect MTV on the long term... kel fatra byeje cheque from the boys and it all gets fixed .

I hate MTV anyway...trop Bourgeois.

Bazek

Bazek

Next time OTV hosts Bakri Festo2 they should show his tits lol
    I was referring to Elissa tits over the counter in "Hadiss el Balad" for example, this kind of show will pay salaries and bonuses ;)

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix

صرف موظفين من محطة تلفزيونيّة
    الاثنين 10 آذار 2014 - 06:47
    قرّرت إدارة محطة تلفزيونيّة لبنانيّة صرف عددٍ من موظفيها بهدف تقليص النفقات، علماً أنّ بدء تنفيذ هذا القرار سيتمّ خلال الشهر القادم.

LebFiles

Don't know if it's related...

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Is there a single TV station in Lebanon that is financially independent? Heck, I don't even think there's a newspaper as such.