Muslim woman in burqa attacks gay couple at LGBT pride in London

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

A homophobic argument in the street during Waltham Forest Pride has led to hate crime charges against a 38-year-old Muslim woman.

The pride event, held on July 27, saw hundreds or revelers march through the Waltham Forest borough located in Northeast London. One of those celebrants was scorned by the woman as seen in a video shared by Paul Embery on Twitter.

The woman, now identified as Jamila Choudhury, pointed her finger in the face of the reveler wearing a pride flag over his shoulders as another, presumably a safety monitor, stands between the two. Choudhury was adorned in a full, black niqab.

Shame on you,” Choudhury repeatedly shouted, before breaking out the old line, “God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.”

Waltham Forest police had reacted to the video via Twitter, saying, “We are aware of footage circulating on social media of abuse directed at those taking part in the Waltham Forest #Pride event #wearewalthamforestpride and enquiries are underway.”

“Abusing someone because of their sexual orientation or gender identity is a hate crime,” police added.

Now, Choudhury is in custody for the crime.

A statement from the Waltham Forest Pride organizing committee condemning the incident also sought to dampen the use of this incident to stoke anti-Muslim attitudes, saying, “we also condemn outright and unequivocally all forms of hatred and abuse, including Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, and want to make it absolutely clear that this was one, lone individual and in no way do that person’s views represent the views of any section of the local community.”

“Any attempts to use this incident to fan the flames of discord between communities in our great borough. Hear this – it hasn’t worked in the past, it won’t work now, and it never will,” they added.

Choudhury has been released on bail and will be in court on October 3.

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

A picture of the walking []. Instead of being deported to her [] Sharia country, she was released on bail. Disgusting what these [] are doing in Europe.

Reactions: LVV
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Shame on you,” Choudhury repeatedly shouted, before breaking out the old line, “God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.”

Not sure why the [] is citing Biblical figures, if she wants to spread hatred she should stick to her quran whose Arabic equivalent 'prophets' are NOT the same as the ones in the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not a sophisticated way to express her opinion; nonetheless, all she did was express her opinion. How is that a crime, in a country that is supposed to have free speech?

At least she's not hypocritical, like some Muslims who protest alongside LGBT activists, just because they both hate conservative Christians.

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I believe both christianity and islam share the same opposing opinion for homosexuality, which is regarded as a wrongdoing by both. Not discussing the way they treat homosexuals though.

I don't see what this woman did that a conservative christian wouldn't do.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I believe both christianity and islam share the same opposing opinion for homosexuality, which is regarded as a wrongdoing by both. Not discussing the way they treat homosexuals though.

I don't see what this woman did that a conservative christian wouldn't do.
    Cite one Christian/Western country who beheads gays or trows them off roofs.

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Cite one Christian/Western country who beheads gays or trows them off roofs.
    I literally stated that I wasn't discussing the way both sides treat homosexuals. One reason is that I don't have enough knowledge of christianity to discuss it or judge it, and the other is we all know what islam fundamentals say regarding the subject, but this wasn't the topic of this thread.
    But as far as I know, homosexuality was illegal in alot of western christian countries up til a big portion of the last century.

My point stated is that both sides, christianity and islam, consider homosexuality as a sin and wrong. And plenty of christian conservatives share the same opinion of this muslim woman.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Even ARMENIA, the most homogenous CHRISTIAN country in the world, recognizes gay couples married abroad. Jesus said 'love everyone as you love yourself', in the end that's what matters.

That's the difference between CIVILIZATION and BARBARISM.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I literally stated that I wasn't discussing the way both sides treat homosexuals. One reason is that I don't have enough knowledge of christianity to discuss it or judge it, and the other is we all know what islam fundamentals say regarding the subject, but this wasn't the topic of this thread.
    But as far as I know, homosexuality was illegal in alot of western christian countries up til a big portion of the last century.

My point stated is that both sides, christianity and islam, consider homosexuality as a sin and wrong. And plenty of christian conservatives share the same opinion of this muslim woman.
    Hbb, homophobia among Christians hails from the Hebrew Bible, but that's irrelevant because when Jesus the Messiah came never ONCE did He incited violence or targeted one group. His message was one of PURE love towards everything and everyone. That's what matters.

Homophobia among Muslims hails from the tale that Mohammed during his expansionist wars asked a mother if he could have sex with her underage son, once she denied he asked his thugs to kill both mother and son.