• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Myanmar wants ethnic cleansing of Rohingya - UN official

Impera

Impera

Deuteronomy 20:10-18King James Version (KJV)
10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee:

18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the Lord your God.
That is son the Jewish bible.

• Advertisement
  • الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That is son the Jewish bible.
    You can deny it as much as you like but by most accounts, the book of Deuteronomy is the fifth book of the Torah and the Christian Old Testament.

Impera

Impera

You can deny it as much as you like but by most accounts, the book of Deuteronomy is the fifth book of the Torah and the Christian Old Testament.
    You know why they're called "Al 3ahd al Kadim" and "Al 3ahd al Jadid"?

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You know why they're called "Al 3ahd al Kadim" and "Al 3ahd al Jadid"?
    So that Christians can pretend the first didn't happen?

I used to go to mass, dude, and the priest always quoted passages from the Old Testament.

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Surprise me.
    I went to a Catholic School. I used to attend mass every Monday, until the devil hedeneh.

Being a non-Christian kid, I was allowed to attend but was told not to eat the chips thingy. I still hold a grudge against them for denying me a bite out of Jesus' body.

But fortunately now I can afford to buy Pringles and can eat as many Jesuses as I want.

Impera

Impera

I went to a Catholic School. I used to attend mass every Monday, until the devil hedeneh.

Being a non-Christian kid, I was allowed to attend but was told not to eat the chips thingy. I still hold a grudge against them for denying me a bite out of Jesus' body.

But fortunately now I can afford to buy Pringles and can eat as many Jesuses as I want.
    lol

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    So the Torah which is the book of law of the Jews only, ordered the Muslims to execute all the Jews? Can't be true.

The extermination was according to Islam.
    Banu quraiza are mentioned in the Quran. I will let you figure out which verses.
    deutronomy is the most influential book upon the quran and muhammad, the similarities are eerie, even the tone and the spirit are quite similar.

some quick examples form deutronomy

10 “If any man among you becomes unclean because of a nocturnal emission, then he shall go outside the camp. He shall not come inside the camp, 11 but when evening comes, he shall bathe himself in water, and as the sun sets, he may come inside the camp.

10 “When you go out to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God gives them into your hand and you take them captive, 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you desire to take her to be your wife, 12 and you bring her home to your house, she shall shave her head and pare her nails. 13 And she shall take off the clothes in which she was captured and shall remain in your house and lament her father and her mother a full month. After that you may go in to her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. 14 But if you no longer delight in her, you shall let her go where she wants. But you shall not sell her for money, nor shall you treat her as a slave, since you have humiliated her.

19 “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest. 20 You may charge a foreigner interest, but you may not charge your brother interest, that the Lord your God may bless you in all that you undertake in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

5 “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

22 “If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

19 “When you besiege a city for a long time, making war against it in order to take it, you shall not destroy its trees by wielding an axe against them. You may eat from them, but you shall not cut them down. Are the trees in the field human, that they should be besieged by you? 20 Only the trees that you know are not trees for food you may destroy and cut down, that you may build siegeworks against the city that makes war with you, until it falls.

etc..

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    So that Christians can pretend the first didn't happen?

I used to go to mass, dude, and the priest always quoted passages from the Old Testament.
    the old testament has been overturned by Christ, it is an integral part of our scripture and no one ever pretends it is not there, it is just over ruled in Christianity by Christ and the new testament. a very simple statement that most atheists and most muslims appear to have difficulties understanding.

Anger
    21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[c] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[d] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[e] of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.[f]

Lust
    27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Divorce
    31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths
    33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ 34 But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.[g]

Retaliation
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,[h] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

if you have issues with any of that, point it out. if you do not have issues with it, why are you attacking it?

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the old testament has been overturned by Christ, it is an integral part of our scripture and no one ever pretends it is not there, it is just over ruled in Christianity by Christ and the new testament. a very simple statement that most atheists and most muslims appear to have difficulties understanding.

Anger
    21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[c] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[d] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[e] of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.[f]

Lust
    27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Divorce
    31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths
    33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ 34 But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.[g]

Retaliation
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,[h] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Sorry man, I would have read this but I'm not really into fiction. Got your point though.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Sorry man, I would have read this but I'm not really into fiction. Got your point though.
    there is nothing fictional about what i quoted, it is about goodness, ethics and morality. these are the foundation of modern morality. be very afraid to turn it into your cryptonite, there will be no coming back.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    let's take a quick sample form egypt for instance:

Aug 18, 2013 - The Saint Virgin Mary Church in Al Nazla is one of 47 churches and monasteries that have been burned, robbed, or attacked in a new wave of ...
    june 8 2015: Islamic Mobs in Egypt Are Burning Down Christians' Homes, Forcing Families to Flee for 'Insulting' Facebook Posts
    june 22 2016: Egyptian mob reportedly burns 80 Christian homes on rumor of new church
    july 7 2016: Hundreds of Muslims burn down Christian homes as warning not to build new church
    dec 15 2016: Armed Muslim mob DESTROYS Christian village over church building
    aug 16 2013: Christian churches across Egypt stormed, torched​

this is not inclusive of individuals cases, people being burned, killed, maimed, etc.. nor does it contain suicide bombings.

now here is what i want to say, all the muslim world is in an uproar over what is going on in myanmar, yet not a single country with islamic majority pushes forward laws to protect their own minorities and accord them the freedom to prosper in peace?

here is a sample from pakistan

Attacks on religious minorities in Pakistan have claimed hundreds of lives of religious minorities, such as Pakistani Ahmadis, Hindus, Sufis and Christians.[11]

In the aftermath of the Babri Masjid demolition Pakistani Hindus faced riots. Mobs attacked five Hindu temples in Karachi and set fire to 25 temples in towns across the province of Sindh. Shops owned by Hindus were also attacked in Sukkur. Hindu homes and temples were also attacked in Quetta.[12]

In 2005, 32 Hindus were killed by firing from the government side near Nawab Akbar Bugti's residence during bloody clashes between Bugti tribesmen and paramilitary forces in Balochistan. The firing left the Hindu residential locality near Bugti's residence badly hit.[13]

The July 2010 Lahore bombings killed 50 people and wounded 200 others in two suicide bombings on the Sufi shrine, Data Durbar Complex in Lahore.[14][15] The May 2010 Lahore attacks left 94 dead and more than 120 injured in nearly simultaneous attacks against two mosques of the minority Ahmadiyya Community[16] Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, as well as their Punjab wing, claimed responsibility for the attacks and were also blamed by the Pakistani police.

In 2012 Jundallah militants stopped buses and massacred 18 men travelling on buses. All but one of the victims were Shia Muslim, while others on the buses were spared.[17][18]

On March 15, 2014, a crowd of Muslims burnt a Hindu temple and a dharmashala in Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan, after unverified allegations of a Hindu youth desecrating a copy of the Quran.[19][20][21][22]

On 22 September 2013, a twin suicide bomb attack took place at All Saints Church[23] in Peshawar, Pakistan, in which 127 people were killed and over 250 injured.[24][25][26][27] On 15 March 2015, two blasts took place at Roman Catholic Church and Christ Church during Sunday service at Youhanabad town of Lahore.[28] At least 15 people were killed and seventy were wounded in the attacks.[29][30]

Attacks on minorities in the country have led to condemnation of policies that are discriminatory to religious minorities in Pakistan.[31]

Following the 2010 Lahore massacre, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said "Members of this religious community have faced continuous threats, discrimination and violent attacks in Pakistan. There is a real risk that similar violence might happen again unless advocacy of religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence is adequately addressed. The Government must take every step to ensure the security of members of all religious minorities and their places of worship so as to prevent any recurrence of today’s dreadful incident." Ban's spokesperson expressed condemnation and extended his condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government.[32]

The United States ambassador to Pakistan, Anne W. Patterson, issued an unusually strong[citation needed] statement saying Pakistan had witnessed an increase in "provocative statements that promote intolerance and are an incitement to extremist violence."[16]

An editorial published in Dawn condemned the attacks, commenting that "Bigotry in this country has been decades in the making and is expressed in a variety of ways. Violence by individuals or groups against those who hold divergent views may be the most despicable manifestation of such prejudice but it is by no means the only one. Religious minorities in Pakistan have not only been shunted to the margins of society but also face outright persecution on a regular basis."[33]