Myriam fares under backlash for appearing with a blackface in her videoclip

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
Orange Room Supporter
Did Myriam Fares stereotype or disrespect the black people in her video clip?
If not, why are you going to put her under the same category as the ones who intentionally degraded the black people as blackface thing?

Can't you differentiate between the two? Can't facts and content rule be our metrics of judging what is acceptable or not? If the content is respectful, why do we have to dig down and associate racism in it?
Kamena for the millionth time yes she did by reducing them to their skin colour and a few pieces of clothes! She's playing up a character she thinks embodies the African woman while painting her body black in order to appear of a different race! Facts and content should be the standard by which we judge others, unfortunately people like you don't have such standards!

You spent your time in this thread misquoting and insulting me while at the end of the day it turns out you had absolutely no idea what blackface is and why it is offensive to black people despite being told repeatedly to read about it! You also ignored the multiple explanations being given to you to keep posting the same garbage!

Her content is not respectful! At the very least it is incredibly tone deaf and oblivious to a history of racism and played up stereotypes! W Abel ma terja3 teshbu2 wehdet who are you to tell her what to do, I'm not telling her what to do, or telling you or anyone else what to think! You can stay in your blissful ignorance for all I care! I'm stating my opinion on her actions and why I think they are offensive! You want to disagree, that's your business bass disagree ma3 hada ghayre from now on!

• Advertisement
  • JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Kamena for the millionth time yes she did by reducing them to their skin colour and a few pieces of clothes! She's playing up a character she thinks embodies the African woman while painting her body black in order to appear of a different race! Facts and content should be the standard by which we judge others, unfortunately people like you don't have such standards!

You spent your time in this thread misquoting and insulting me while at the end of the day it turns out you had absolutely no idea what blackface is and why it is offensive to black people despite being told repeatedly to read about it! You also ignored the multiple explanations being given to you to keep posting the same garbage!

Her content is not respectful! At the very least it is incredibly tone deaf and oblivious to a history of racism and played up stereotypes! W Abel ma terja3 teshbu2 wehdet who are you to tell her what to do, I'm not telling her what to do, or telling you or anyone else what to think! You can stay in your blissful ignorance for all I care! I'm stating my opinion on her actions and why I think they are offensive! You want to disagree, that's your business bass disagree ma3 hada ghayre from now on!
    Ignorance is when logic disappears, and collective ideology prevail in mind.

Someone paints himself as black, it is racist just because someone in the past did it in the wrong way... It doesn't matter the content, it is racist just because..

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Don't give me that look @Isabella! Don't you believe that anyone who is portraying as a black person, it is automatically racism and blackface, regardless if the content is respectful to black people?

And about having few pieces of clothes on her, this is the theme of modern singers, and Fares is one of the singers who are not modest when preforming. It's not that she just pick this African theme and decided to go half naked; all her clips are like that.

Last edited:
    IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Don't give me that look @Isabella! Don't you believe that anyone who is portraying as a black person, it is automatically racism and blackface, regardless if the content is respectful to black people?
    That's why I said she could be ignorant of the offensive nature of her actions! Ye3ne she could have been unintentionally racist while she thought she was just playing up a character!

By its very nature though painting your body black in order to portray a black individual is reducing black people to their skin colour and a few other characteristics since it is usually accompanied by playing up stereotypes!

I gave the example to manifesto, bass would you think a white guy painting himself a sandy colour, putting on fake hair on his chest, wearing a tarboush, holding a bite of hummus in one hand, a masbaha in the other and dancing a dabke while exaggerating a Lebanese arabic accent is anything but offensive?
    I found one Arabic guy incredibly offensive and he was just imitating Lebanese people on Instagram

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I gave the example to manifesto, bass would you think a white guy painting himself a sandy colour, putting on fake hair on his chest, wearing a tarboush, holding a bite of hummus in one hand, a masbaha in the other and dancing a dabke while exaggerating a Lebanese arabic accent is anything but offensive?
    As a Lebanese I would find it funny and somewhat accurate.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    That's why I said she could be ignorant of the offensive nature of her actions! Ye3ne she could have been unintentionally racist while she thought she was just playing up a character!

By its very nature though painting your body black in order to portray a black individual is reducing black people to their skin colour and a few other characteristics since it is usually accompanied by playing up stereotypes!

I found one Arabic guy incredibly offensive and he was just imitating Lebanese people on Instagram
    You guys are way over thinking... She's an artist, she decided to go with an African tribal theme this time. Tomorrow, an Eskimo theme with half naked butt dancing in the snow... or a Chinese theme.

Why are you killing art and creativity with your unnecessary political correctness that doesn't apply in any shape or form on this video clip?

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    You guys are way over thinking... She's an artist, she decided to go with an African tribal theme this time. Tomorrow, an Eskimo theme with half naked butt dancing in the snow... or a Chinese theme.

Why are you killing art and creativity with your unnecessary political correctness that doesn't apply in any shape or form on the video clip?
    I'm not overthinking anything, race is not a costume she can just put on and take off! I can excuse her for ignorance but I will never think it's okay for anyone to paint their skin another colour and pretend to be of a different race!

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    I'm not overthinking anything, race is not a costume she can just put on and take off! I can excuse her for ignorance but I will never think it's okay for anyone to paint their skin another colour and pretend to be of a different race!
    Why not if it is done in a respectful way? An artist decided to have an African theme. Big deal.

Some artists portray Jesus and the Pope in most disgraceful way... Are you with or against it?

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    As a Lebanese I would find it funny and somewhat accurate.
    Really? You have a sandy complexion, an incredibly hairy chest, speak in gibberish with nothing but 3s and khs while screaming randomly Allahou Akbar, Wear a tarboush, and carry around masbaha while occasionally breaking into dabkes?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Really? You have a sandy complexion, an incredibly hairy chest, speak in gibberish with nothing but 3s and khs while screaming randomly Allahou Akbar, Wear a tarboush, and carry around masbaha while occasionally breaking into dabkes?
    That would be funny :lol: you guys are boring

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Why not if it is done in a respectful way? An artist decided to have an African theme. Big deal
    We're going around in a circle JB! She painted her body black and put on a different race like it's a costume! she did not just decide to have an African theme! As I said I can excuse her actions by saying she didn't know any better but I would never agree that what she did is okay! So let's just agree to disagree

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    That would be funny :lol: you guys are boring
    You guys have an odd sense of humour! I need to find that Arabic bastard trying to imitate lebanese people on Instagram ta shuf if you think he's funny as well because I personally wanted to punch him in the face

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    We're going around in a circle JB! She painted her body black and put on a different race like it's a costume! she did not just decide to have an African theme! As I said I can excuse her actions by saying she didn't know any better but I would never agree that what she did is okay! So let's just agree to disagree
    The theme is African tribal... Some artists choose Egyptian Pharos, Cleopatra and paint themselves little darker. What's wrong with it?

So each ethnic is not allowed to imitate outside groups, even if it is an art preformance? What kind of closed minded that is? Sorry, but it sounds like it

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    You guys have an odd sense of humour! I need to find that Arabic bastard trying to imitate lebanese people on Instagram ta shuf if you think he's funny as well because I personally wanted to punch him in the face
    I think we are not closed minded, and we take each issue logically and according to the content. It's not everyone who immitates Lebanese is a racist, but yes there are.
    Each will be judge according to the content. No generalization, either you are allowed to be your own kin or none.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Sorry mods but Zambo isn't off-topic.
    It's another example of "blackface".

You're being too Nazi-esque with the moderation.

@Muki @Iron Maiden

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry mods but Zambo isn't off-topic.
    It's another example of "blackface".

You're being too Nazi-esque with the moderation.

@Muki @Iron Maiden
    I didn't delete any Zambo posts that were free of personal insults. You want me to keep sed bouzak, you're an Islamist.... Or more Christian/Muslim discussion?? No thanks. Once you see this I'll purge our posts. Cheers.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

We are the judge of if the festival is christian or holy not you. :) It wasn't started by Orthodox men. Go read a bit of history. We can say so many things about your islamic religion and your brothers where do I even start?
    I don't have to be a Christian to know that things like berbara and Zambo are rooted in folklore and not in Christianity.

Spare me your medieval backwardness.
    I obviously read more than you do.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I didn't delete any Zambo posts that were free of personal insults. You want me to keep sed bouzak, you're an Islamist.... Or more Christian/Muslim discussion?? No thanks. Once you see this I'll purge our posts. Cheers.
    I don't think "Islamist" counts as profanity. It's a befitting description for someone who tries to shut down different opinion. It may be harsh but it's not vulgar.

Sed bouzak is foul language. It's different.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't think "Islamist" counts as profanity. It's a befitting description for someone who tries to shut down different opinion. It may be harsh but it's not vulgar.

Sed bouzak is foul language. It's different.
    The word you are looking for is bigot. Careful you don't get called leftist tho.