Myriam fares under backlash for appearing with a blackface in her videoclip

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I don't have to be a Christian to know that things like berbara and Zambo are rooted in folklore and not in Christianity.

Spare me your medieval backwardness.
I obviously read more than you do.
Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. The only medieval backwardness person is you. You obviously are an islamic shia keserweni.

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

The word you are looking for is bigot. Careful you don't get called leftist tho.
    Islamist, bigot, fundamentalist... they're all synonyms.

I'm more thick-skinned than you think. If someone calls me a Leftist I'd simply laugh it off, because that's the last thing I want to be associated with.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. The only medieval backwardness person is you. You obviously are an islamic shia keserweni.
    One day, Ghazir will become our capital again. I'll make sure to ban things like Zambo.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I'm more thick-skinned than you think. If someone calls me a Leftist I'd simply laugh it off, because that's the last thing I want to be associated with.
    akide you would laugh it off. You are a shia islamist.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter

Tayyeb he's an Islamist and you're a Shia keserwani (majousi). That last one is from me.
    3ish bhal ni3me.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I have a question, who cares abt what myriam fares does in a videoclip? Its artistic freedom, its not a public event..

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So having a painting where someone is pissing on Jesus, or St. Mary as a cow, it is not offensive, it is an art and Christians should be open minded.

I don't see how this clip is offensive but not an art preformance? Maybe it's an issue for those who wants to make it one
    Liberal countries are often victims of their own PC'ness.

Caricatures that mock one's religion are art and should be protected.
    Pretending to be another race for artistic purposes is racist and should be banned.

Africans can paint Jesus black but God forbid you do the same to your face.

Go figure...
    Making fun of an ideology, regardless of how poor in taste and disgusting in meaning, should always be allowed. No idea is ever above criticism and/or mockery.

Making fun of someone's skin color, something a person has no control over, is offensive and can lead to inhumane treatment.

Big difference between the two.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Orange Room Supporter
    All the ones defending Myriam Fares on her blackface video clip are the same ones who got butt-hurt from Ragheb's Tar el Balad song.

Selective snowflaking under process.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Making fun of an ideology, regardless of how poor in taste and disgusting in meaning, should always be allowed. No idea is ever above criticism and/or mockery.

Making fun of someone's skin color, something a person has no control over, is offensive and can lead to inhumane treatment.

I agree; but where did Myriam make fun of skin color? Is it just by portraying herself as an African Queen? If She portrayed herself as Cleopatra, darkened her skin a bit more, does that make her making fun of Egyptians, being offensive and lead to inhumane treatment of Egyptians?

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Orange Room Supporter
    I agree; but where did Myriam make fun of skin color? Is it just by portraying herself as an African Queen? If She portrayed herself as Cleopatra, darkened her skin a bit more, does that make her making fun of Egyptians, being offensive and lead to inhumane treatment of Egyptians?
    I was referring to it in general only. I have not seen her video clip nor am I interested to. However I don't believe she meant anything racist to be honest. Myriam Fares does not strike me as someone with an agenda, only after money.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    All the ones defending Myriam Fares on her blackface video clip are the same ones who got butt-hurt from Ragheb's Tar el Balad song.

Selective snowflaking under process.
    How did you come up with this conclusion? Did you make a survey?

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Stop being offended people, stay home and watch TV because baby it is cold outside.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I wish you liberals would extend the same kindness to babies as you do to the feelings of a black woman.
    Your priorities are messed up.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Orange Room Supporter
    I wish you liberals would extend the same kindness to babies as you do to the feelings of a black woman.
    Your priorities are messed up.
    Of course we do! It's your lot that only cares about them before they become actual babies. Once they do, they are ****ed. **** universal healthcare. **** minimum wage. **** any kind of social welfare or benefits. Basically **** babies.

H

Habibibi

It seems the ultra-PC brigade, famous for coining the term "cultural appropriation", is alive and kicking in Lebanon as well.
    After releasing her comeback song on Wednesday, Lebanese superstar Myriam Fares is under backlash for appearing with a blackface in her #1 trending videoclip.

What exactly is so offensive about wearing dark makeup to appear more African?
    Why is it that whenever a white woman wears braids or a Chinese dress she gets called out for "cultural appropriation"?

What is the world coming to?

View attachment 11393
    She should not have painted herself black.... but other than that there is nothing wrong with the video... there is no cultural appropriation because it's a basic jungle theme with many different races of dancers and surprise surprise arab culture is an AFRO ASIATIC language and culture...

Fares naturally has thick wild hair if she wants to braid it that's ok...

But still black face is not ok... she shouldn't have done it but you guys are getting it twisted comparing this to a white vs black thing ... arabs are not white as a majority and neither are lebanese... east asians and other races have been called out for using black face too...