Nadine Al Rassi under attack for having described herself as Musli7iyeh

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Hi guys, I'm back with some juicy celebrity gossip.

Lebanese actress Nadine Al Rassi found herslef the subject of a new controversy after sharing a post on Instagram in which she described herself as Musli7iyyeh.(Half Muslim, half Christian).

Her post was met with outrage by a Christian priest, father Theodoros Daoud, who replied:

رد الأب تيودورس داوود على قول الممثلة نادين الراسي أمس بانها " مسلحية" ، عبر حسابها الخاص بتطبيق الصور إنستغرام. فقال على صفحته على فيسبوك: "سمعوا على هالشوفة شوفو على هالسمعة الست الفيلسوفة نادين الراسي اخترعت ديانة جديدة : مسلحية. هي ليست لا مسلمة ولا مسيحية ، إنها مسلحية، يعني نص مسلمة ونص مسيحية.

شو رأيك تكوني بومسلحية؟ يعني بوذية ومسلمة ومسيحية ؟؟ يعني ثلث ثلث ثلث. حيُاتي إنتي بتساءل عن رأي الكنيسة بعد هالإنجاز إذا رح تعلن موقف منها أو رح يعطوها نصف مناولة. يا عيب الشوم ...."

الأب تيودورس داوود لنادين الراسي: يا عيب الشوم

What's your opinion on this?

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Lebanese actress Nadine Al Rassi found herslef the subject of a new controversy after sharing a post on Instagram in which she described herself as Musli7iyyeh.(Half Muslim, half Christian).

Her post was met with outrage by a Christian priest, father Theodoros Daoud, who replied:

رد الأب تيودورس داوود على قول الممثلة نادين الراسي أمس بانها " مسلحية" ، عبر حسابها الخاص بتطبيق الصور إنستغرام. فقال على صفحته على فيسبوك: "سمعوا على هالشوفة شوفو على هالسمعة الست الفيلسوفة نادين الراسي اخترعت ديانة جديدة : مسلحية. هي ليست لا مسلمة ولا مسيحية ، إنها مسلحية، يعني نص مسلمة ونص مسيحية.

شو رأيك تكوني بومسلحية؟ يعني بوذية ومسلمة ومسيحية ؟؟ يعني ثلث ثلث ثلث. حيُاتي إنتي بتساءل عن رأي الكنيسة بعد هالإنجاز إذا رح تعلن موقف منها أو رح يعطوها نصف مناولة. يا عيب الشوم ...."

انا ملحم يعني نص ملحد نص مسلم

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

People try too hard to be too cute... That's my opinion. She should be ignored.

S

Saj

Who cares? How anyone be outraged about this or pay it to much attention is beyond me.

H

Hakeem Olajuwon

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day an acquaintance ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about Diogenes?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied, "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."
    'Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.

"That's right," Socrates continued, "Before you talk to me about Diogenes let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates, "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about Diogenes something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "You want to tell me something about Diogenes that may be bad, even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued,

"You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter, the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about Diogenes going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "If what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even useful, why tell it to me or anyone at all?"

The man was bewildered and ashamed.

This is an example of why Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It also explains why Socrates never found out that Diogenes was sleeping with his Wife .

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

thats her choice

sadly islam wont allow us to have a truly secularist nation where people can follow religion by free will or quit it without fear of beheading

rassi is lucky that she is christian, it took only father daoud who is a genuine nice guy who criticize the church a lot, to attack her

imagine if she was a muslim, she will be dead by now..

we need real secular
    but wont ever happen

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Sorry if this specific thread is not up to the level of threads you usually expect from me.
    But I thought this was interesting consider it happened only weeks later after the Roula Tabash and Mawran Charbel incidents.

I think it's really naive of Nadine to call herself a Musli7iyyeh. The two religions couldn't be more different. Neither Christians believes in Mohammed's prophecy, nor Muslims believe in Jesus' divinity.

But then again, I think Père Theodoros has no business chastising her for her opinion.
    She's entitled to her own definition of Christianity.

Clergymen do not own religions or our thoughts.

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry if this specific thread is not up to the level of threads you usually expect from me.
    But I thought this was interesting consider it happened only weeks later after the Roula Tabash and Mawran Charbel incidents.

I think it's really naive of Nadine to call herself a Musli7iyyeh. The two religions couldn't be more different. Neither Christians believes in Mohammed's prophecy, nor Muslims believe in Jesus' divinity.

But then again, I think Père Theodoros has no business chastising her for her opinion.
    She's entitled to her own definition of Christianity.

Clergymen do not own religions or our thoughts.
    I agree with your sentiment but this particular person has been doing so much for attention lately! The meltdown with her son, that mtv interview thing where she dragged her family members saying no one cares about her, and now this! W hayda I'm not even actively following her anywhere lol I would just be casually browsing a website for news and I'm always guaranteed to stumble on another Nadine el rassi scandal lol

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    I agree with your sentiment but this particular person has been doing so much for attention lately! The meltdown with her son, that mtv interview thing where she dragged her family members saying no one cares about her, and now this! W hayda I'm not even actively following her anywhere lol I would just be casually browsing a website for news and I'm always guaranteed to stumble on another Nadine el rassi scandal lol
    Are you talking about Nadine Kardashian?