Gives Hope Nadine Labaki’s Capernaum - serious contender for the Cannes 2018 Palme d’or

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

By the way, this is not the first time Lebanon wins the Jury Prize at Cannes Film Festival

Maroung Baghdadi won the Jury Prize in 1991 for "Hors La Vie"
    Elie Dagher won the Short Film Palme d'Or for Waves'98

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    INTERESTING ,. good luck .
    what is the meaning of the movie title ?
    Capernaum
    for someone who prides himself about being so literate in marxist literature ya @gramsci it seems you haven't even read the bible once :p you should give it a try, if only to strengthen your beliefs further :p

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    manar sabbagh is one of few respectable anchors on tv, but someone in her position and someone as smart as she is, should realize that those good people have given their lives so that their families and loved ones will remain free to invest their freedom in enhancing their reality, and capernaum is one step in the right direction. there is no exclusivity between the martyrdom of some and the excellence of others, in fact it is in their complementary nature that gives meaning to martyrdom.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    manar sabbagh is one of few respectable anchors on tv, but someone in her position and someone as smart as she is, should realize that those good people have given their lives so that their families and loved ones will remain free to invest their freedom in enhancing their reality, and capernaum is one step in the right direction. there is no exclusivity between the martyrdom of some and the excellence of others, in fact it is in their complementary nature that gives meaning to martyrdom.
    They're just too different. Manar and her likes live in a bubble of their own.

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    for someone who prides himself about being so literate in marxist literature ya @gramsci it seems you haven't even read the bible once :p you should give it a try, if only to strengthen your beliefs further :p
    I confess u i have never read it :)..in marxist ambients its not considered on the reading list..:)

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I confess u i have never read it :)..in marxist ambients its not considered on the reading list..:)
    it should be at the top of that list, because Jesus was the first true communist, and probably the last :p

NAFAR

NAFAR

This is what Nawaf Musawi tweeted

عد النجاح الكبير الذي حققه فيلم “كفرناحوم” للمخرجة اللبنانية نادين لبكي، في مهرجان “كان” السينمائي في دورته الـ71، بجائزة لجنة التحكيم والتي تمثل بشكل فعلي الميدالية البرونزية، كتب النائب نواف الموسوي على صفحته عبر “تويتر”: “بلا لبكي، بلا وجع راس : وقت الجدّ ما فيه غير سلاحك بيحميك”.

This kind of thinking is deeply rooted in the HA community........this will lead to their destruction.
    I remember few years ago some HA sympathizer called Manar and was being sarcastic about Lebanon of Feiruz and Rahbany and glorifying the Islamic resistance...blalbalba

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

lf(1).jpg

Let him be happy with his arms, allah yzidon but:

".و مجد لبنان أعطي للمقاومة"

Did he really say that or it is photoshopped?

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Jesus Christ she looks so much like aoun in this picture! Seriously give him a green hat and some pearls and you have Queen Elizabeth!
    Queen of England min 7ossit el General kamen, ma ra7 ykhaleh 7ada ysherko bi sala7iyeto :mad:

Venomous Hummingbird

Venomous Hummingbird

Moussawi seems to be having fun on twitter, see his other comments he seems to be taking things lightly
    Yeah, he's always been a guy with a good sense of humor :facepalm: Keep justifying until the sword is up your orifice.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Yeah, he's always been a guy with a good sense of humor :facepalm: Keep justifying until the sword is up your orifice.
    So far the presidency, half of government, 50 christian deputies, soon serious work to get the syrians out and decentralization are up my orifice. Ya hek ya bala!
    Don't worry about me, worry about what's in your mouth
    And regarding Moussawi's statement, fhemet from my post that I'm justifying ya zakeh? No doubt he means it and we all know Hezbollah's take on the cultural side. I'm putting it into context as it doesn't sound like the diplomatic approach Hezbollah has in the media, if you check the rest of his twitter it's all informal