• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Nahr al Bared: Attack on the Lebanese Army

julesvernes99

Legendary Member
The poor living conditions of the Palestinians should NOT be blamed on the Lebanese state. A state that can barely take care of their own. Their poor conditions is the fault of the international community and mainly the tow-playing, hand-smelling Kahlijis who spend BILLIONS of $$ on building luxury homes, yachts and millions more on prostitutes...tfehh 3alayon.
As for the Palestinians in Lebanon who want to confront the LA and for one reason or another harbour amongst them terrorists...well, you shoot, you're gonna shot back at and you're gonna die...mish 3ajbakon, go complain to the UN.

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Maybe the Lebanese governments were a bit responsible for the miserable life of the palestinians in their camps, but we shouldn't forget the huge responsibility of the UNRWA and the arab countries.

1- Lebanon is a small state which has neither raw material nor natural resources to increase its wealth, and which is poor in comparison of any other arab country.

2- During the civil war, the palestinian money was spent by Yasser Arafat to arm the different lebanese parties who were made up of the poor caste.

3- This palestinian money should be spent on the palestinians at first and not used to fuel our country and to destroy it.

4- Those who are spending money to arm the palestinians should think about the social problems and try to solve it if they're really concerned about this miserable society.

5- The role they played during the civil war has killed any sympathy of the lebanese people with their humanitarian cause and we lost confidence in their behavior: their only goal were to exterminate the Lebanese army and to kick us out of Lebanon.

==> IMHO, the palestinians are the first responsibles of their bad conditions of life: they should assume their role inside their societies and they should show the Lebanese that they can trust them again. (ma3 enne bshekk :p )

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
The poor living conditions of the Palestinians should NOT be blamed on the Lebanese state. A state that can barely take care of their own. Their poor conditions is the fault of the international community and mainly the tow-playing, hand-smelling Kahlijis who spend BILLIONS of $$ on building luxury homes, yachts and millions more on prostitutes...tfehh 3alayon.
As for the Palestinians in Lebanon who want to confront the LA and for one reason or another harbour amongst them terrorists...well, you shoot, you're gonna shot back at and you're gonna die...mish 3ajbakon, go complain to the UN.

The Palestininans have money to buy weapons and amunitions but they don't have money to clean the camps and create decent living conditions for their inhabitants; isn't that weird?

Stormie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The Palestininans have money to buy weapons and amunitions but they don't have money to clean the camps and create decent living conditions for their inhabitants; isn't that weird?
Because Saudia Arabia prefers to send us a truck load of weapons instead a truck load of rice. It is easy to get weapon donors but not easy to get cement or food shipment.

Almaza

If Palestinian leadership is corrupt then why would I pin that on the Palestinian refugees? The refugees are a reaction to their conditions. I can't tell 400,000 people we are going to let them live in hell because 20 people that call themselves leaders aren't doing their jobs.

We're talking human rights here. Lebanese citizens should get priority over non-citizens when it comes to property ownership or voting rights. That's citizen stuff. That makes sense. When it comes to basic human rights, everyone from the Lebanese to the Sri Lankan maid to the Syrian working in construction to the Palestinian refugee is equal. Lebanon is responsible for all people living within its borders.

Zoomzoom reiterates another point that I raised. There are foreign hands involved brainwashing the poor. These are the same people that are trying to ruin our country and to blame the Palestinians for more than they're at fault for is wrong.

latinorange

If Palestinian leadership is corrupt then why would I pin that on the Palestinian refugees? The refugees are a reaction to their conditions. I can't tell 400,000 people we are going to let them live in hell because 20 people that call themselves leaders aren't doing their jobs.

We're talking human rights here. Lebanese citizens should get priority over non-citizens when it comes to property ownership or voting rights. That's citizen stuff. That makes sense. When it comes to basic human rights, everyone from the Lebanese to the Sri Lankan maid to the Syrian working in construction to the Palestinian refugee is equal. Lebanon is responsible for all people living within its borders.

Zoomzoom reiterates another point that I raised. There are foreign hands involved brainwashing the poor. These are the same people that are trying to ruin our country and to blame the Palestinians for more than they're at fault for is wrong.

i get your point but our country is in the brink of war, in ruins and bankrupt...it's no time to talk about the living conditions of the pals and if they create more problems then u can only expect ppl to get nervous. nobody denies their suffering and that some sides are using them as pawns, but at the end of the day u've got the camps full of terrorists and pals killing soldiers and threatening our remaining state institutions. that's an issue whether we like it or not. besides, i sympathise with the palestinian cause and with the ppl who are humiliated, fighting and dying every day over there, but the refugees are a different issue. they lost touch with reality and live in a kind of limbo...all they do is carry weapons, kill each other, talk and parade and kill lebanese soldiers from time to time...

wmz

i get your point but our country is in the brink of war, in ruins and bankrupt...it's no time to talk about the living conditions of the pals and if they create more problems then u can only expect ppl to get nervous. nobody denies their suffering and that some sides are using them as pawns, but at the end of the day u've got the camps full of terrorists and pals killing soldiers and threatening our remaining state institutions. that's an issue whether we like it or not. besides, i sympathise with the palestinian cause and with the ppl who are humiliated, fighting and dying every day over there, but the refugees are a different issue. they lost touch with reality and live in a kind of limbo...all they do is carry weapons, kill each other, talk and parade and kill lebanese soldiers from time to time...

Can I respectfully ask, based on what facts (other than the things you hear and read on the media of course) you came to the conclusion that the Palestinians have lost touch with reality?

And may I ask as well what reality are we talking about here?

Almaza

Eh khayye that's what I'm saying. We need to root out the evil in the camps but improving their conditions is parallel to that. They go hand in hand. If we don't make improving their conditions a priority we are doomed to have a Nahr el Bared every few years. You can kill all the terrorists until the next generation of refugees brought up in the same conditions get exploited by foreign countries and do the same thing as their fathers. We want to get to the root of the problem once and for all and not have to lose 200 troops every few years. Giving better conditions to the Palestinians must be a priority. Not only does it benefit Lebanon by helping eliminate terrorism but it also benefits the Palestinians and puts them back on the right path. We'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Reactions: wmz