Elections Nasser's Electoral Program 2018-2019

Nasser

In the tough times our beloved country is passing through, where democracy is being slammed by a gigantic crap called Lebanese politicians and where our freedom of speech and beliefs is being compromised by anti-freedom security apparatuses and religious interference, a light of hope still exists at the end of the dark tunnel - this light of hope where democracy and freedom of speech and beliefs are still thriving, and it is here in the ORoom.

In order to preserve this safe haven, a strong and smart moderation team is needed.
A moderation team that is committed to the unbiased protection of the right of each and every member we have to express himself/herself freely.

Therefore, I declare my candidacy for the moderators' elections.

In case of winning, Nasser will pledge the following:

1. To never abuse the power given by the people to settle scores against people holding different opinions.
  2. Work with the whole moderation team as a one unit to improve this forum.
  3. Protect the right of expressing opinions of members equally, all opinions.
  4. Swift actions against offenders who use personal attacks and insults and derogatory speech.
  5. Ridicule of ideas is tolerated, ridicule of members is not.
  6. Will not moderate discussions I'm part of.
  7. Keeping the atmosphere and discussions clean and therefore appealing to new members to stay.
  8. Stepping down in case of long time of inactivity is expected, and asking the administrator to put a replacement.
If you want to protect our diversity in this forum, you should consider voting for #Nasser.
If you want to promote respect when different opinions are presented, you should consider voting for #Nasser.
If you want to keep our freedom in this online community, you should consider voting for #Nasser.

Good luck to everyone, and most importantly vote responsibly.

• Advertisement
  • Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In the tough times our beloved country is passing through, where democracy is being slammed by a gigantic crap called Lebanese politicians and where our freedom of speech and beliefs is being compromised by anti-freedom security apparatuses and religious interference, a light of hope still exists at the end of the dark tunnel - this light of hope where democracy and freedom of speech and beliefs are still thriving, and it is here in the ORoom.

In order to preserve this safe haven, a strong and smart moderation team is needed.
    A moderation team that is committed to the unbiased protection of the right of each and every member we have to express himself/herself freely.

Therefore, I declare my candidacy for the moderators' elections.

In case of winning, Nasser will pledge the following:

1. To never abuse the power given by the people to settle scores against people holding different opinions.
    2. Work with the whole moderation team as a one unit to improve this forum.
    3. Protect the right of expressing opinions of members equally, all opinions.
    4. Swift actions against offenders who use personal attacks and insults and derogatory speech.
    5. Ridicule of ideas is tolerated, ridicule of members is not.
    6. Will not moderate discussions I'm part of.
    7. Keeping the atmosphere and discussions clean and therefore appealing to new members to stay.
    8. Stepping down in case of long time of inactivity is expected, and asking the administrator to put a replacement.
    If you want to protect our diversity in this forum, you should consider voting for #Nasser.
    If you want to promote respect when different opinions are presented, you should consider voting for #Nasser.
    If you want to keep our freedom in this online community, you should consider voting for #Nasser.

Good luck to everyone, and most importantly vote responsibly.
    Excellent program, well thought of and well written.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you become a mod, you will realize that some of the points in your program are naive (for example: when you happen to be part of a conversation and someone walks in and throws trash all over the place and you're the only moderator online :p); however, experience can quickly cure naiveté. What matters is a moderator's character, and for that reason, I think you would make a good one. In fact, even if you don't win, @Jo should use his royal prerogative to knight you :)

manifesto

Hi Nasser, decent program and all, but you don't bring anything new to the table.
    El sha3eb te3ib min el khutabet el rinneneh.

You basically stated the job description of a moderator.
    Also, point 6 was plagiarized from the speech @Muki gave recently in the elections thread (Melania, is that you?)

But having been following your posts, I think you'd make a good moderator, so I'll keep you on the waiting list should any of my preferred 6 candidates decide to withdraw from the race.

Good luck.

Nonan

Hi Nasser, decent program and all, but you don't bring anything new to the table.
    Good luck.
    Anything specific you would suggest he says / does differently? He is committing to a “how” in point 6., which makes his “what’s” more credible.

Nasser

You basically stated the job description of a moderator.
    Also, point 6 was plagiarized from the speech @Muki gave recently in the elections thread (Melania, is that you?)

But having been following your posts, I think you'd make a good moderator, so I'll keep you on the waiting list should any of my preferred 6 candidates decide to withdraw from the race.

Good luck.
    I'm not bringing anything new to the table. I never stated that. Thus this is not a khitabet ranneneh :p, I'm not promising the impossible. I'll just enforce the forum's rules, which will create a healthier environment for everyone.

I'm just gonna perform the way a moderator should and protect the members freedom in this platform, follow the rules myself, and make sure others are too. (Obviously that would qualify as a job description, but that is what you pledge for normally... to do your job)

Regarding point 6, yes indeed, it makes sense and I adopted it since its only fair and ensures that I'm not biased.

By all means, if you believe others would make better mods and bring something new to the table, vote for them and I would vote for them aswell.

Good luck to everyone!

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not bringing anything new to the table. I never stated that. Thus this is not a khitabet ranneneh :p, I'm not promising the impossible. I'll just enforce the forum's rules, which will create a healthier environment for everyone.

I'm just gonna perform the way a moderator should and protect the members freedom in this platform, follow the rules myself, and make sure others are too. (Obviously that would qualify as a job description, but that is what you pledge for normally... to do your job)

Regarding point 6, yes indeed, it makes sense and I adopted it since its only fair and ensures that I'm not biased.

By all means, if you believe others would make better mods and bring something new to the table, vote for them and I would vote for them aswell.

Good luck to everyone!
    Very refreshing and positive thoughts. You have my vote.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    I have zero doubt @Nasser would make a great moderator. He's impartial, cool headed, and overall displays demeanor that is well-suited for the moderator position. Despite intense disagreements on several topics in the past, our discussions never ventured into gutter territory.

You got my vote. You may add "Endorsed by the Muki Campaign" to your candidate profile.