• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Nassib Lahoud announced his candidacy to the Presidency

beiruti_o7

It seems like a well narrated piece. I enjoyed reading Mr. Nassib's program. It reminded me of the solutions suggested by the government to the agricultural problems in Lebanon when I passed the brevet.

Now let's be serious beiruti, anyone can write nice things, what's new?

his program has the advantage of being clear especially regarding the sensitive issues.
if you review his histroy as a MP you'll see how he really did push for all that and how his opposition to the Hariri government was supported with alternate methods and projects, or in other words "contructive opposition"

beiruti_o7

النائب السابق نسيب لحود لم يوفّق حتى بقضائه

and he wants to be president ... who is next? Nefnefeh, Doris, Carlo.

aoun didnt run in haret hreik, he wouldve failed.

وردا على سؤال آخر قال انا في انتخابات 2005 اعترفت بالنتيجة كما جاءت خلافا للبعض، وطبعا رافقها ظروف انفعالية، اما 2007 برهنت ان النتيجة تغيرت، ومن سيأتي الى رئاسة الجمهورية لا يقاس على يوم واحد بل على تاريخ طويل
وممارسته للسياسة في حياته

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Experience shows that Lahouds are not good as presidents so we do not want a Lahoud, espesially wa7ad nissab... err nassib
Lahouds 3ala min

Free_Patriot

his program has the advantage of being clear especially regarding the sensitive issues.
if you review his histroy as a MP you'll see how he really did push for all that and how his opposition to the Hariri government was supported with alternate methods and projects, or in other words "contructive opposition"

Was he able to change anything with the Hariri government? what should make me believe that Hariri will listen to his constructive alternatives now?

X

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Nassib Lahoud will use the powers given to him by the constitution in case he is elected president to push for his vision.

The president has no constitutional power, the only way a president can have some power is when he has his own parliamentary block.

Of course Hariri and Fouhoud Tari2 el Jdide will always make sure they elect a president who failed in the elections, they will never accept a president who has a parliamentary block, I do understand Hariri and his Fouhoud, in the end they come from the same school like Ben Laden, but what i don't understand is the "Dhimmie" Christians cheering for Hariri.

X

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
beiruti_o7, stop wasting our time, we will no longer accept a "Dhimmie" president appointed by anyone, that means we will do anything (and i mean anything)

beiruti_o7

beiruti_o7, stop wasting our time, we will no longer accept a "Dhimmie" president appointed by anyone, that means we will do anything (and i mean anything)

ok i will stop wasting your time, goodbye forum, although i will miss such enlightening posts as "bush wont let him run for president, he wants to keep the title of dumbest president for himself"

great of you.

i hope you keep doing your anythings.

goodluck and thanks all for the very intelligent responses (wiht the exceptions of FP and brightfame who alas i didnt have time to answer his post)

petarfree

هيك هيك موش طالع بئيدن شي عم بفرجونا شطارت&#16

حرب أولاً غانم ثانياً ولحود أخيراً وليس آخراً، الشباب فجأة لقيه حالن برات اللعبة! فمن باب حفظ ماء الوجه للتاريخ، أفزو آخر قفزة من اللعبة الديموقراطية، وظهروا كل واحد منن صورة السيد الرئيس أمام الشعب اللبناني، وهيك شو ما صار بعد هيك بيلتقى مين يحط زهرة على حجر ذكراهم، من مبدأ انو ولاه الزلمي بالنهاية بين الحق من الباطل... ويبقى أن كما سرب البطرس على بيته ولحقه الرفاق، وتركت اللعبة للقوى الفعلية على الأرض، ومهما صار يبقى للنفس أن تعزي نفسها ببرنامج لو صح لها أن ترأس به لرئسة بئسمه وكان على الوطن السلام ! وكاسك يا وطن​

Venom

Legendary Member
ok i will stop wasting your time, goodbye forum, although i will miss such enlightening posts as "bush wont let him run for president, he wants to keep the title of dumbest president for himself"

great of you.

:surrender::surrender:

Free_Patriot

great of you.

beiruti answer my post before you run :smile:

P.S. Aoun wouldn't have lost in the district of Baabda if he ran there and if Aley wasn't slapped to Baabda. Is there any district in Lebanon where Nassib could have won?

Jean

Legendary Member
that doesnt change the fact that if aoun had run in his own district he wouldve lost.

aoun has a party , and he had many candidates, and if he had failed in the elections, the R&C would be now 22 .

while nassib lahoud and his 2 partners in DRM ran the elections, and got 1 seat .

nassib lahoud represents the bayten w tannour in his village,

while aoun represents a high percent of lebanese citizens

nassib lahoud was a member on a list

Aoun formed more than 8 lists in all the regions

badak ba3ed ?

petarfree

the April 2000

A variety of opposition groups across the political spectrum from the Lebanese Communist Party to the rightist Lebanese Forces also condemned the government crackdown. Even a few members of parliament have criticized the arrests. Metn MP Nassib Lahoud condemned the government's "unacceptable treatment of protesters . . . staging a peaceful demonstration" and demanded the immediate release of the detainees. Batroun MP Boutros Harb declared that "freedoms are sacred in Lebanon and all Lebanese should have the right to express their views freely."
الشباب بالنهاية مش عاطلين! كرمال التاريخ ولنكون عادلين

doc

i have one intelligent question(trick) :who is mazen hayek mentioned in the begining?

nodnod

Was he able to change anything with the Hariri government? what should make me believe that Hariri will listen to his constructive alternatives now?

What makes you sure that Hariri will listen to Aoun? Is he listening to him now? This is a bad argument, Nassib Lahoud here presented a vision, a vision that is very clear on sensitive issues. And one that is original in it's approach.
Nassib Lahoud will push for the application of this vision within the constitutional powers given to him by the law.