Need help addressing a recent noise nuisance problem

Guitaret

Hey guys,

One of the new crappy trending places (outdoor nature camping, bonfire, karaoke) recently opened in the property near where I live. You can imagine the extreme noise disturbance coming from reckless drunk Lebanese people, up until 2-3 am every other night (Loud music, traditional Lebanese drum, drunk karaoke, shouting...). It is not enough that I have to tolerate & survive a failed state that does not provide minimum rights, but no, now I have to tolerate shitty people that are benefiting from the lack of order in this country. We don't have a municipality in this town in Jbeil and so, can you please advise how to address this issue?

P.S. I relocated to this area a few years back because I love the peace & quiet and because I work from home most days.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Hey guys,

One of the new crappy trending places (outdoor nature camping, bonfire, karaoke) recently opened in the property near where I live. You can imagine the extreme noise disturbance coming from reckless drunk Lebanese people, up until 2-3 am every other night (Loud music, traditional Lebanese drum, drunk karaoke, shouting...). It is not enough that I have to tolerate & survive a failed state that does not provide minimum rights, but no, now I have to tolerate shitty people that are benefiting from the lack of order in this country. We don't have a municipality in this town in Jbeil and so, can you please advise how to address this issue?

P.S. I relocated to this area a few years back because I love the peace & quiet and because I work from home most days.

in a functioning country i would've told you to sue them
but who am i kidding.

did you try speak with the owner at least ?
maybe gather a couple of neighbours and go speak to them and ask them to turn it down at 12
or get them to fund double glazing for your house.

Aegon

I’m assuming you don’t own a gun…
So ask a relative to come by around 1-2am, and shoot off a full clip into the air.
Then have him also scream something crazy out loud so everyone hears him.

maybe this will scare everyone to stay away for a while.

when you live in a jungle, you live by the jungle rules

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Thank you @Patriot, I was hoping to get more opinions
In europe many use anti noise walls having reflective non linear angles (costly option) or planting some dense trees/shrubery that can dampen the noise but this is not perfect in anyway.
Other than that you can try negotiating with the place or start being a nuisance to their business. (avoiding the call the cops obvious option nowadays because of the state of the country).

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
i have no solution but as someone who has a complete piece of shit for an upstairs neighbor, i sympathize with you