Nemr Pushing for Change

Aegon

Aegon

I think this deserves its own thread so that it doesn't get lost in the mix.
Nemr has big ideas and is leading a great initiative - salutes to him for leading this cause. If successful, this could drastically change our political landscape.
Would you guys support such an initiative? This is one way to create leaders for our Lebanese Revolution🇱🇧.

• Advertisement
  • Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ambitious, to say the least. I'm not particularly fond of the guy, but it takes guts and dedication to even attempt this kind of project, and any effort towards more open, more transparent government is worthy of support in my book.

What a narcissist, though. I had to listen to the part where he mentions his plan to run for president twice, just to make sure he actually said it.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Ambitious, to say the least. I'm not particularly fond of the guy, but it takes guts and dedication to even attempt this kind of project, and any effort towards more open, more transparent government is worthy of support in my book.

What a narcissist, though. I had to listen to the part where he mentions his plan to run for president twice, just to make sure he actually said it.
    He's got ambition. He planned to create an online TV channel back in early 2010s. Asked for 250 or 350 000$.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    I met Nemr few years ago. Very pleasant guy to talk to and I wish him success. A part of me is pessimistic though.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    He's got ambition. He planned to create an online TV channel back in early 2010s. Asked for 250 or 350 000$.
    Ambition is good, but he'll have to earn the respect and support of a huge amount of people if he wants to see his plans come to fruition.

By the way, he seems like a pretty good candidate for your AMA idea, no?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Ambition is good, but he'll have to earn the respect and support of a huge amount of people if he wants to see his plans come to fruition.

By the way, he seems like a pretty good candidate for your AMA idea, no?
    Talking to the political class, "We just need you to resign" *sigh*

<------------- Hopes and Idealism | Reality ---------------->

Start new political parties, elect genuine shrewd politicians and start playing politics!

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    You mean only a Christian can be a President or it's a free-for-all?
    Free-for-all, but we have a long, long way to go as a people and as a nation before we earn that.
    Mesh mokhtosra bel presidency, is what I'm trying to say. There are steps we need to take and lessons we need to learn, starting with the gradual and complete separation of church and state, and a unified personal status law. We're not there yet, far from it, but it doesn't mean we can't get there.

Not the right thread to be talking about this, though. :p

Aegon

Aegon

Lol, at least he is being up front and honest about it. But I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point - HA would never approve of him anyways.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

I think this deserves its own thread so that it doesn't get lost in the mix.
    Nemr has big ideas and is leading a great initiative - salutes to him for leading this cause. If successful, this could drastically change our political landscape.
    Would you guys support such an initiative? This is one way to create leaders for our Lebanese Revolution🇱🇧.

Bravoooooooo, I fully support this!

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I also noticed his emphasis on Bassil and Aoun, when talking about the current politicians, and how he took Aoun's quote out of context.

Not saying he has bad intentions, but worth noting nonetheless.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    He’s known to be pro American and closer to right wing Christian parties

As far as his proposal goes, it’s egocentrical above all. I’d rather he sticks to comedy and bullying people on Twitter.

I don’t think him, Gino or l3ama or any other social media attention seeker should be considered leaders for a social movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Here's to seeing a day when that stops being a factor.
    intermediate solution...
    Why don't they switch roles:
    • when a president is christian the prime minister sunni and the speaker is chiiter
    • Next president Sunni, chiite PM and christian speaker
    • Next president chiite, christian Pm and sunni speaker....of course ...i can go on :lol:

But that would detach positions from religions and the sala7iyyet would be a non factor at least....

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

intermediate solution...
    Why don't they switch roles:
    • when a president is christian the prime minister sunni and the speaker is chiiter
    • Next president Sunni, chiite PM and christian speaker
    • Next president chiite, christian Pm and sunni speaker....of course ...i can go on :lol:

But that would detach positions from religions and the sala7iyyet would be a non factor at least....
    And I add to that let the elections of the 3 heads of state be directly from the corresponding sects

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

He’s known to be pro American and closer to right wing Christian parties

As far as his proposal goes, it’s egocentrical above all. I’d rather he sticks to comedy and bullying people on Twitter.

I don’t think him, Gino or l3ama or any other social media attention seeker should be considered leaders for a social movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room
    Regardless of your personal feelings towards him, you can’t deny he is approaching the matter professionally and giving power to the people.
    I see him as someone from the Lebanese population that wants honest change, even though most probably has differing political vues, that is taking action to introduce a creative way to move forward instead of promoting hate speech. I support that!

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    why?
    is the presidency dedicated to some people without the others ?

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    I know that Comedians like him are a novelty in Lebanon, but trust me these people are a dime a dozen in the rest of the world. Personally, I always found him marginally funny the very few times I have watched him. Comedians are really court jesters, they want to make you laugh to make money. They sound good, but they are all talk/no action. Also, There were tons of fallacies in his statements, as well as an obvious attempt to create an us.vs them mentality. Also, he is not grounded. He said people have to agree to show their tax returns. That does not show whether they are corrupt or not. It shows nothing. Then he said 2.5 million people demonstrated. The best international estimate was that it was 350K.

I am fine if he wants to interview people, but it is up to people to decide whether they want to sit through his interviews. It cant be compulsory, and I guarantee you that the VAST majority of Lebanese voters are not watching his silly videos.

Oh, and BTW, Parliemneatry elections is in 2.5 years. So he has time to prepare...