Nemr Pushing for Change

V

Viral

I know that Comedians like him are a novelty in Lebanon, but trust me these people are a dime a dozen in the rest of the world. Personally, I always found him marginally funny the very few times I have watched him. Comedians are really court jesters, they want to make you laugh to make money. They sound good, but they are all talk/no action. Also, There were tons of fallacies in his statements, as well as an obvious attempt to create an us.vs them mentality. Also, he is not grounded. He said people have to agree to show their tax returns. That does not show whether they are corrupt or not. It shows nothing. Then he said 2.5 million people demonstrated. The best international estimate was that it was 350K.

I am fine if he wants to interview people, but it is up to people to decide whether they want to sit through his interviews. It cant be compulsory, and I guarantee you that the VAST majority of Lebanese voters are not watching his silly videos.

Oh, and BTW, Parliemneatry elections is in 2.5 years. So he has time to prepare...
He reminds me of the White Helmets.
But hey, there are plenty of airheads floating aroundo_O:oops::chicken:

• Advertisement
  • V

Viral

I think this deserves its own thread so that it doesn't get lost in the mix.
    Nemr has big ideas and is leading a great initiative - salutes to him for leading this cause. If successful, this could drastically change our political landscape.
    Would you guys support such an initiative? This is one way to create leaders for our Lebanese Revolution🇱🇧.

Please tell me making money out of his stunt is the least of his priorities :lol::lol::lol:

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Where did you get that from? O___o
    Personal information.

Plus once he went to LAU or NDU and started waving the flag of the LF club on stage

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    why?
    is the presidency dedicated to some people without the others ?
    Of course not. Nemer seems like a good guy, but he has zero credentials when it comes to politics. He's launching a platform that's already incredibly ambitious as it is without the mention of some vague and completely irrelevant plan to run for the presidency "many, many years in the future". It's wonderful that he has that kind of dream and that he's willing to fight for it, but he's getting ahead of himself a bit there, no?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Of course not. Nemer seems like a good guy, but he has zero credentials when it comes to politics. He's launching a platform that's already incredibly ambitious as it is without the mention of some vague and completely irrelevant plan to run for the presidency "many, many years in the future". It's wonderful that he has that kind of dream and that he's willing to fight for it, but he's getting ahead of himself a bit there, no?
    It breaks the taboo that politicians have established in political culture. The unbreakable wall that separates the people from them. The cliche of "taking the power back to the people". Even if unsuccessful, it shakes the foundations of the definition of politics that resides in the masses' minds.

Last edited:
    The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Personal information.

Plus once he went to LAU or NDU and started waving the flag of the LF club on stage

That's odd because I know someone who's close to him and he seems to be very secular and far from being right wing. Maybe the flag waving thing was a joke. He's a comedian after all. He's made jokes about Bcharre a lot.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's odd because I know someone who's close to him and he seems to be very secular and far from being right wing. Maybe the flag waving thing was a joke. He's a comedian after all. He's made jokes about Bcharre a lot.

Yet when push came to shove the only two politicians he mentioned by name are Aoun and Bassil.

The flag thing would have been insignificant if :
    1- he wasn’t very happy doing it
    2- the information I have and can’t divulge because it’s IRL stuff

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Yet when push came to shove the only two politicians he mentioned by name are Aoun and Bassil.

I'm not arguing against your point, but he did mention Walid Joumblatt and Saad Hariri as well.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    Interesting. The excessive emphasis on professionalizing leadership positions is misplaced, to my mind. Ministers in every country in the world are not there because they're the best and most professional implementers. They are there because they have the political will and cover to make political decisions. This approach is better suited for the lower ranks within the ministries. Professionalize the careerists, the implementers, while protecting whistleblowers and you get a professionally run ministry. But I like the collectivist aspect and getting a large buy in and making selecting candidates more democratic as opposed to four men who own garbage tv stations deciding who gets access to speak to voters. This whole thing feels very creative think tanky. He's been drinking that Virginia water, I suppose.

Side note, didn't Ukraine recently make a comedian president? Let's check in on how that's going first before he gets tooooo far ahead of himself. ;)

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know the guy from adam. So idc. But a small observation, everyone is a secular black lives matter activist when splitting their time between LA and DC, then returns to being a raving partisan in beirut.

Aegon

Aegon

Personal information.

He was probably dating an owetjeh at the time😁

Aegon

Aegon

watch it again, he mentioned Aoun, Jumblat, Hariri right after another

Aegon

Aegon

Check out the website: InitiativeLB.com - Since the last video when I proposed all of this a lot has happened, NONE of it possible had you all not shown this so much support. When the call went out for Lebanese people to rise to the occasion for their country countless people answered.

Some of the most brilliant Lebanese people I have met in my life have been a part of this and while I may be the visible part I am by no means responsible for all of it. Had it not been for every Lebanese person that has dedicated their time to this selflessly and for no gain other than to tell their children one day we did our part, this would be impossible.

You will see their contributions everywhere, from the website to the application design, the translations, and so much more. All of it would take so many months of non-stop work to pull off and we did it in days.

There is no limit to what can be achieved when the Lebanese work together, and while we exist in this artificial hell that has been built around us to allow the weak to remain in power, I can tell you I have seen its walls crumbling and in their cracks the faces of the heroes in the streets of Lebanon and all around the world who refuse to accept anything but what we deserve, the greatest.

There is so much more that you will see in the coming weeks, but mark my words, when we're done, all of us, fighting together, we will be able to tell our children it was our generation that stopped the cycle of Lebanese children living their parents' nightmare. God bless you all, God bless Lebanon, and always, TO VICTORY!