• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Neom a Zionist-Saudi Project On The Horizon Or Just Another Failed Futuristic City Project?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
There is no insult I'm talking from a legal point of view ; Mekka does not have a special status it is part of Saudi Arabia!

The Saudis say they are governed by sharia law. That means Makkah has a special legal status as a holy city and the birthplace of the Prophet based on the Holy Quran. The problem isnt about the status of Makkah. Their behavior is governed by Wahhabi doctrines which sees giving importance to monuments not related to the Islamic faith as shirk or idolatry. That includes graves, even of revered men in Islamic history. Their attitude has to do with doctrines and not about status of the city.

That is the reason I feel you are exposing your deep seated feelings while taking cover under issue of legality.

The Saudis say they are governed by sharia law. That means Makkah has a special legal status as a holy city and the birthplace of the Prophet based on the Holy Quran. The problem isnt about the status of Makkah. Their behavior is governed by Wahhabi doctrines which sees giving importance to monuments not related to the Islamic faith as shirk or idolatry. That includes graves, even of revered men in Islamic history. Their attitude has to do with doctrines and not about status of the city.

That is the reason I feel you are exposing your deep seated feelings while taking cover under issue of legality.

I think you are getting personal for no reason!

it has a special status in the islam religion

But that's not translated into a legal special status! Vatican is a sovereign city! There are demands from Arabs and Muslims for Jerusalem to have a special status!
Mekka is an integral part of Saudi Arabia and no one is challenging this!

Rafidi

Legendary Member
But that's not translated into a legal special status! Vatican is a sovereign city! There are demands from Arabs and Muslims for Jerusalem to have a special status!
Mekka is an integral part of Saudi Arabia and no one is challenging this!

Who says that? You really dont have an idea. Muslims have called for Makkah and Medina to be placed under the OIC. There are voices which consider Makkah and Medina as under Al Saud occupation.

That's not even the problem. Under Saudi dispensation, Makkah has a special status. Makkah has a special status in the Quran. And the Al Saud claim they govern by the book of Allah.

O Brother

Legendary Member
in most countries around the globe the state has the right to purchase the land owned by citizens in order to execute vital projects. saudi arabia is no exception. i sympathize with the guy, though i am not sure how the situation escalated to have him killed.

Ya probably but the main difference here is that we are talking about a huge area..

I think any project must and should be considering the locals at all times but again we are talking here about replacing these people from their native lands with foreigners from all over the world and with fortress and futuristic buildings and the immoral thing of all they promoted this project in 2017 by giving Saudi citizenship to a freaking robot called Sophia looool meanwhile they are treating human beings like piece of sh!t...

Al Saud have always been a destructive force to our region and against Islam, they will be extreme in their "Islam" and in their "secularism"!
There is no inbetween for them.. balance is simply foreign to them!

looks an audacious project ... another dubai on the make ...
i dont see why not ..

I think this is bit strange coming from someone who calls him self a communist.. oh wait maybe not!

This project is all about colonialism, capitalism and globalization!

Just in case you didn't know.

O Brother

Legendary Member
He doesnt care really. Look at his username. He calls himself pro occupation. He already supports the precedence in Palestine. And by the way, a similar thing has happened in Bahrain, but perhaps you haven't complained because they're Shia. Mosques have been demolished. And while we may not have gotten to the stage of forceful evictions of the local population, the monarchy is importing Sunnis from Asian countries to dilute the Shia Bahraini presence. When there is injustice anywhere, it is always good to speak out. When Saddam attacked Iran, the Arab Sunnis rejoiced (most of them). Then the attacked Kuwait. They were shocked that a wild tyrant would do such to his own kind. The Saudis suppressed the Bahrainis and now they are suppressing and evicting their own people. I really dont see how Bin Salman will succeed in his plans. He has too many enemies, starting with his own Saud family.

I would normally be inspired when a young man tries to reform, be creative and innovative. The concept itself is not bad and it opens up the kingdom to the world. But evicting his people from their land, killing someone in a consulate, bombing an entire population in Yemen, suppressing the Bahrainis etc. are terrible things. These actions dont speak of a reformer. A reformer doesnt behave this way. Reformation isnt all about pleasing western demands. This land, no matter how much I disagree with Saudis and Wahhabis, is the land of Muhammad (s). Those people are still the people of Muhammad (s). They shouldn't be treated in this way. At least, they haven't harmed anyone. Even if he wants to evict them, they should be well compensated and given some nearby settlements to resettle in. If they resist, the govt should exercise patience and keep putting pressure; not kill the man because he resisted or made an outspoken video.

I know he doesn't care and he knows very well what he is supporting here but simply doesn't care and I don't expect anything less or more from a Zionist supporter.. this is the mindset!

As for Bahrain I think you are not being fair here as I never supported the Bahraini tyrants and I have expressed my opinion against what is going on in Bahrain if that even mean anything..

I do acknowledge what is happening and would never deny that the Bahraini are being oppressed in similar way to how the Syrian people are being prosecuted. Just look at the millions of Syrians who were forced by the regime & co to be displaced and the regime went even a bit further and made a new law that would confiscate their properties.. this is pure tyranny and to be honest with you there is not a single regime in this region worth defending they are all bunch of puppet regimes and tyrants serving their filthy masters!

All these countries are part of an apartheid and were created in the first place by the European colonialists to keep this region weak and unstable, you know it, I know it and we all know it!

This project of Neom is simply not for everyone and its lifestyle, culture and philosophy is extremely boring that will make life meaningless as much as technology is helpful but once it takeover and becomes more than a tool then we are simply going in the extreme!

This project is part of a movement, a transhumanism movement(s) with philosophies that seek to make technology not just a tool but to become part of you like an organ inside of you in which you rely on! Also many of these transhuman philosophies hold to the idea of eternal life while you who is someone who read the Quran must be familiar with this kind of thinking and how wrong and illogical it is and exactly what Iblis would promise you! And all of this is obviously for the elite of chosen people only! Now obviously all this is far-fetched and will never succeed!

But I as Muslim, I would rather seek balance between the old and the new by acknowledging the wisdom of the two worlds!
There are so much things that used to be much better and so much things that became better!

I love technology but I also hate it for making us soooo lazy.. we clearly need to find our balance again and how we can return back to earth, to nature and be part of nature and live with it! We also need to make sure that technologies are ment to be used as helpful tools only not allowing it to take over and to exaggerate with it like the case we see today with smartphones as humanity is being glued to the blue screens!

O Brother

Legendary Member
@O Brother

The ironic thing in all of this is the fact that his forebears demolished the shrines built over the graves of the Ahlul Bayt and the Sahaba in the cemetery of Jannatul Baqi in Medina. They destroyed the Jannatul Muallah in Makkah. They even contemplated to demolish and level the shrine and grave of the holy Prophet, if not for the uproar in the Muslim world. All in the name of fighting their imaginative concept of "shirk". But look at them now. they are opening up historical monuments with religious significance to attract Evangelical visitors. Imagine if the project was to restore Jannatul Baqi and Jannatul Muallah and to restore the ancient Islamic sites that were demolished by Al Saud. Every extremist Wahhabi would have screamed about "shirk". But in the Neom project no one is screaming shirk. I love the sentence Abdur Rahman al Huwaitet mentioned. He said: "al 3olamaa jubanaa". He summarized the reality of the hired clerics working for the Al Saud regime.

The so called Wahhabi have turned Mecca into Las Vegas, they have managed to destroy most of the Muslim heritage in the country to replace it with some ugly modern concrete! Their claim for the oneness/tawheed and that they hold strongly to it yet many of them would ascribe to God parts and a location!

The Saudi have been mostly destructive force to the Sunni themselves before the Shia or anyone because they simply claimed to be Sunni and with their petrodollars they managed to do massive damage to our ideologies and beliefs!

..these transhuman philosophies hold to the idea of eternal life while you who is someone who read the Quran must be familiar with this kind of thinking and how wrong and illogical it is and exactly what Iblis would promise you! ...

I just want to correct something I said earlier so I'm not understood wrong..

I meant to say they hold to the idea of eternal life as within this life/dunya which is of course against nature as this life we live is about the fundamentals of beginning and end, birth and death, day and night and so on!

O Brother

Legendary Member
"they are evicting locals by force to replace them and to build an international/globalized mega city" - in USA it is called "Eminent Domain".

"Eminent Domain - the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation."

In USA it happens too from time to time and it is never happy occasion - are they being compensated?

Ya we know it happens in USA all the times..
Just recently there were clashes between the natives with their allies and the US authorities!

These people were not even allowed to live by the standards of their own culture or at least what is left of it!
And goes to show you how much the US actually respect their signed treaties!

And compensations means nothing when you are being robbed :)

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Ya we know it happens in USA all the times..
Just recently there were clashes between the natives with their allies and the US authorities!

These people were not even allowed to live by the standards of their own culture or at least what is left of it!
And goes to show you how much the US actually respect their signed treaties!

And compensations means nothing when you are being robbed :)

"And compensations means nothing when you are being robbed" - well, you are preaching to the converted, but it is still a law and we can only ***** about it, nothing else.

SAVO

Ya probably but the main difference here is that we are talking about a huge area..

I think any project must and should be considering the locals at all times but again we are talking here about replacing these people from their native lands with foreigners from all over the world and with fortress and futuristic buildings and the immoral thing of all they promoted this project in 2017 by giving Saudi citizenship to a freaking robot called Sophia looool meanwhile they are treating human beings like piece of sh!t...

Al Saud have always been a destructive force to our region and against Islam, they will be extreme in their "Islam" and in their "secularism"!
There is no inbetween for them.. balance is simply foreign to them!

I think this is bit strange coming from someone who calls him self a communist.. oh wait maybe not!

This project is all about colonialism, capitalism and globalization!

Just in case you didn't know.

Like it or not its an audaciius project.. ur critic is based in ur narrow thinking..
Wanna live like mohamed in tent with the camel and thr sheeps ?
I support economic developpment..and have nothing to do with my ideology.. i dont sympatize with saudi regime but in this project i think they are doing sometjing smart...sonner u admit it better is..

SAVO

Can't they invest in Arab countries? Most of their land is Barren ; but if they look to the west there is fertile lands in Sudan and Egypt; same of Syria and Irak!

These countries were the cradle of civilisation, instead of funding revolutionaries and counter revolutionaries let them invest in the lands and in the people; in the not so far future they can come to their help...

Well thats another problem..
Dont put me as a sympayizer for saudi regime or the whole arab cause..
Yes i agree that those countries need investment and they should open their economy for various investers not only arabs.. there are many ways to do it..
The arabic nationalism is the worst ideology ever made..its retarded and destructive.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Like it or not its an audaciius project.. ur critic is based in ur narrow thinking..
Wanna live like mohamed in tent with the camel and thr sheeps ?
I support economic developpment..and have nothing to do with my ideology.. i dont sympatize with saudi regime but in this project i think they are doing sometjing smart...sonner u admit it better is..

"Wanna live like mohamed in tent with the camel and thr sheeps?" -

I see nothing wrong with people living the way they want to live.
I bet you would've objected to someone coming to your house and forcing you to rearrange the furniture.
As long we all live and let live none should care about life styles of others.

SAVO

"Wanna live like mohamed in tent with the camel and thr sheeps?" -

I see nothing wrong with people living the way they want to live.
I bet you would've objected to someone coming to your house and forcing you to rearrange the furniture.
As long we all live and let live none should care about life styles of others.

Ok the can install a tent in the modern naom city center near the main piazza. With an annexed museum. nothing wrong with that.

All will be happy then ..

Well thats another problem..
Dont put me as a sympayizer for saudi regime or the whole arab cause..
Yes i agree that those countries need investment and they should open their economy for various investers not only arabs.. there are many ways to do it..
The arabic nationalism is the worst ideology ever made..its retarded and destructive.

I am not talking from an Arabist point of view! They are neighbours ; they have common interests and common language! Plus the Saudis already paid billions of dollars in these countries to finance Rebel groups in Syria and Iraq and Counter revolutionaries in Sudan and Egypt!

Plus regional countries should cooperate together ; that has nothing to do with a nationalistic ideology!

SAVO

I am not talking from an Arabist point of view! They are neighbours ; they have common interests and common language! Plus the Saudis already paid billions of dollars in these countries to finance Rebel groups in Syria and Iraq and Counter revolutionaries in Sudan and Egypt!

Plus regional countries should cooperate together ; that has nothing to do with a nationalistic ideology!

In.am.ideal world what you are saying is the logical thing to do..
But this is the middle east..unfortunately..
Arabs.like.to be commerciants..and not farmers or industrialists..

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Ok the can install a tent in the modern naom city center near the main piazza. With an annexed museum. nothing wrong with that.

All will be happy then ..

"All will be happy then" - I doubt it. Neither pizza parlor not they would be comfortable next to each other. See, there is much more to Beduin life than just pitching a tent and especially in the center of the city where there is no room for their animals and other possessions.

SAVO

"All will be happy then" - I doubt it. Neither pizza parlor not they would be comfortable next to each other. See, there is much more to Beduin life than just pitching a tent and especially in the center of the city where there is no room for their animals and other possessions.

Swiss people usually resolve such issues through a popular referendum ..
Economic developpment is an inevitable progress of humanity.. while people tend to preserve historical and identity values..
Beduins need also schools, hospitals, jobs , food supply..and other services that only modernity can offer them.

Kibbutz wasn't a bad concept after all .. beduins can experience their own made kibbutz made by a community of tents

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Swiss people usually resolve such issues through a popular referendum ..
Economic developpment is an inevitable progress of humanity.. while people tend to preserve historical and identity values..
Beduins need also schools, hospitals, jobs , food supply..and other services that only modernity can offet them.

"Swiss people usually resolve such issues through a popular referendum" - I do not object to society deciding its destiny.

My comment was a response to this "Wanna live like mohamed in tent with the camel and thr sheeps?" - it does not mean that eventually something will not give, but as an idea I refuse to be arrogant in respect to lifestyles of others.