New Government Formation - Updates and Discussions [Government Is Formed]

Who do you think will head the next Govt? what form of Govt? (1 CHOICE FOR EACH QUESTION)

• NEXT PM: Saad Hariri

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • NEXT PM: Another FM Name

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • NEXT PM: Independent Sunni

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • NEXT PM: Mar 8 Sunni

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • FORM: Technocratic Govt

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • FORM: Political Govt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FORM: Mixed Political and Technocratic Govt

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
رئاسة الجمهورية: اتصالات ضرورية لتسهيل التأليف والاستشارات قريبة

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
A poll is added with 2 questions:
- who do you think will be the next PM
- what kind of Government will we get

PICK ONE CHOICE FOR EACH QUESTION

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Repost from Yesterday:

This is what i feel is going to happen now
You heard it here first, register this lal zekra w l terikh

Hariri gets nominated
If Bassil is smart he stays out of this government, however knowing Bassil he's going to insist on staying in and will 100% insist on the energy portfolio
(Oil digging coming soon, Electricity etc)
This is when a massive Anti FPM/Anti Bassil campaign will be launched supported by everyone including FM, PSP, LF and Amal and most importantly the 7irak and the protests
Bassil will be seen as the main obstructor for the formation during times of dire needs for a government

He'll be defeated and government will be formed without FPM
Instantly after, an investigation will be launched in the Energy ministry and maybe foreign affairs in which Bassil (FPM) will be found guilty and sent to jail.
3awn will most probably resign right afterwards..
That should mark the end of FPM and 3awn's legacy as we know it.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
ريفي: إذا كان لدى العهد وحزب الله أكثرية نيابية فلماذا يؤخّرون موعد الإستشارات بداعي الإتفاق المُسبق على التشكيلة أما إذا كانوا يريدون تكليف الحريري فهو وحده المسؤول عن تشكيل الحكومة

no he's not! he forms the government alongside the President. They both sign the decree.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
ريفي: إذا كان لدى العهد وحزب الله أكثرية نيابية فلماذا يؤخّرون موعد الإستشارات بداعي الإتفاق المُسبق على التشكيلة أما إذا كانوا يريدون تكليف الحريري فهو وحده المسؤول عن تشكيل الحكومة

no he's not! he forms the government alongside the President. They both sign the decree.

Not true
He forms the government
Then the President signs
Formation is the up to the PM
Obstruction is up to the President

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Not true
He forms the government
Then the President signs
Formation is the up to the PM
Obstruction is up to the President

let's go back to the Constitution if you don't mind :)

Article 53:
[The President] He shall issue, in agreement with the Prime Minister, the decree appointing the Cabinet and the decrees accepting the resignation of Ministers or their dismissal

Article 64
[The Prime Minister] He shall conduct the parliamentary consultations for forming the government. He shall sign, with the President of the Republic, the Decree of its formation.

so... where does it say that the PM Forms the government alone??

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
let's go back to the Constitution if you don't mind :)

Article 53:
[The President] He shall issue, in agreement with the Prime Minister, the decree appointing the Cabinet and the decrees accepting the resignation of Ministers or their dismissal

Article 64
[The Prime Minister] He shall conduct the parliamentary consultations for forming the government. He shall sign, with the President of the Republic, the Decree of its formation.

so... where does it say that the PM Forms the government alone??

As it says
All the President does is signing the decree
The Prime Minister on his own forms the government
It is up to the President to sign on it or not

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
As it says
All the President does is signing the decree
The Prime Minister on his own forms the government
It is up to the President to sign on it or not

great Imagination. I see where it says they co-sign, and how the PM “conducts consultations”, but I didn’t see where it explicitly says the PM forms the government alone

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
great Imagination. I see where it says they co-sign, and how the PM “conducts consultations”, but I didn’t see where it explicitly says the PM forms the government alone
He is trolling you... it’s very simple the PM can propose whatever list he wants, if the president disagrees he won’t sign it... they can continue like that till kingdoms come, or they work together and get it done... hayde min il ekhir

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

As i said earlier
The PM chooses the ministers
The President approves (signs) or not

Coordination between the 2 means the process goes quicker
else it'll go into a back and forth (which is not in the President's best interest)

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He is trolling you... it’s very simple the PM can propose whatever list he wants, if the president disagrees he won’t sign it... they can continue like that till kingdoms come, or they work together and get it done... hayde min il ekhir
Eh bass the taef khara constitution says that the PM can present the gvt formation to the president and if the president didnt sign it it will be nefzeh after 15 days, however I dont remember that this has ever happened, theres always a tawefo2 before officially presenting the names to the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.