New Government Formation - Updates and Discussions

Who do you think will head the next Govt? what form of Govt? (1 CHOICE FOR EACH QUESTION)

• NEXT PM: Saad Hariri

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • NEXT PM: Another FM Name

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • NEXT PM: Independent Sunni

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • NEXT PM: Mar 8 Sunni

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • FORM: Technocratic Govt

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • FORM: Political Govt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FORM: Mixed Political and Technocratic Govt

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Yeah, I did not say they were good or feasible names. Lol. He stands out as probably the worst of that bunch, though. I could spend a month on my thoughts about MEI. Just said that they were close to 7irak and they proposed a practical economic plan.

We don’t need neocons anywhere close thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

• Advertisement
  • H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I personally know two people on this list and a few more by reputation. Based on the ones I personally know, I would trust this group to be 1) Apolitical and 2) dedicated to help save Lebanon.
    Interesting. I'm familiar with the general public views of only about 4 - 5 of them. Only one (to my mind) is objectively bad and objectionable (in foreign policy views at least) and don't want him near US policy much, MUCH less Lebanese policy. The four others generally strike me as policy-oriented. I don't necessarily care if anyone is super political, and in fact think it's fine. Though I see many are not fans. If I had my choice of the Hariri/Berri/Jumblatt/Geagea pot or a random name from this list pulled out of a hat, I'd take my chances with the latter.

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    Interesting. I'm familiar with the general public views of only about 4 - 5 of them. Only one (to my mind) is objectively bad and objectionable (in foreign policy views at least) and don't want him near US policy much, MUCH less Lebanese policy. The four others generally strike me as policy-oriented. I don't necessarily care if anyone is super political, and in fact think it's fine. Though I see many are not fans. If I had my choice of the Hariri/Berri/Jumblatt/Geagea pot or a random name from this list pulled out of a hat, I'd take my chances with the latter.
    The two I know are Kamil Bitar (his father was a health minister under Sarkis I think), very honest, very thoughtful. The other is Amer Bisat

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    The two I know are Kamil Bitar (his father was a health minister under Sarkis I think), very honest, very thoughtful. The other is Amer Bisat
    Pretty much everything I've read from Bitar, I like, even if I disagree. So this is good to hear.

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    According to OTV, the candidate who is closest to become PM is a moderate personality from Tripoli,

Dr. Eggnog

Dr. Eggnog

Nuclear Egg Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    I Have a feeling it is Jawad Adra. i could be wrong though.
    Adra would be a great choice. Openly secular, well-respected, and seems to be a man of integrity. Also, Safadi's name has been tarnished by the info being spread about Zeitoune Bay.

LVV

LVV

Walid Alam din
    Wissam Makdachi both banker who worked with Citigroup for PM perhaps
    Nawaf salam name also floated
    Government might be 6 ministers only

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Adra would be a great choice. Openly secular, well-respected, and seems to be a man of integrity. Also, Safadi's name has been tarnished by the info being spread about Zeitoune Bay.
    Adra a great choice?
    The same Adra that said that the christians are 10% in Lebanon LOL

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    According to OTV, the candidate who is closest to become PM is a moderate personality from Tripoli,

وهاب عبر "تويتر": تم الإتفاق على اسم محمد الصفدي لرئاسة حكومة تكنوسياسية بمشاركة المستقبل المهم ماذا يمكن أن تغعله لتلبية مطالب الناس

cedarheart

cedarheart

وهاب عبر "تويتر": تم الإتفاق على اسم محمد الصفدي لرئاسة حكومة تكنوسياسية بمشاركة المستقبل المهم ماذا يمكن أن تغعله لتلبية مطالب الناس
    Al Safadi?
    Really? the corrupted zeytouna bay guy??
    I hope this news isn't real
    Plus, is it a pre-requisite in Lebanon for a person to be a millionaire in order to become PM?

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Al Safadi?
    Really? the corrupted zeytouna bay guy??
    I hope this news isn't real
    Plus, is it a pre-requisite in Lebanon for a person to be a millionaire in order to become PM?
    it is up to Sunnis to decide unfortunately...