Normandie : un mandat d'arrêt contre Père Mansour Labaki

Jorje

Legendary Member
Multiple university professors / researchers state so in various academic papers, as well as a study by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, in the U.S. And it has even been published in mainstream sources such as these ones (and there are more if you look online).

Six important points you don't hear about regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Catholic Church | Psychology Today

Five myths about the Catholic sexual abuse scandal

A note on the "John Jay Report" is that identifies abuse claims from victims and not "pedophilia". The report indicates that approximately 4% of the clergy have had accusations of sexual abuse against them. Pedophilia has been estimated at around 5% in the general population (How many men are paedophiles? - BBC News but this was defined as "thoughts and fantasies about children"... So the value corresponding for full fledged sexual orientation, never mind for people who commit acts for pedophilia is probably much, much less. Now of course, as the article points out, not all sexual attraction against minors is technically "pedophilia", so this complicates things a little bit further.

hola!

Seriously !!! ... Maskhara !!

b6a8ce9b844574c73cd9dddaef0142d6.png

latest

Quite a transformation and such an open-minded approach on this topic by the same righteous militants who seemed to care more about Ali’s Muslim children than Christian minor orphans raped by their Lord.

Apparently this scandal went below @HannaTheCrusader radar: Orphans should not be sent to Muslim orphanages. But just a minute, was that a Muslim orphanage?

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
A note on the "John Jay Report" is that identifies abuse claims from victims and not "pedophilia". The report indicates that approximately 4% of the clergy have had accusations of sexual abuse against them. Pedophilia has been estimated at around 5% in the general population (How many men are paedophiles? - BBC News but this was defined as "thoughts and fantasies about children"... So the value corresponding for full fledged sexual orientation, never mind for people who commit acts for pedophilia is probably much, much less. Now of course, as the article points out, not all sexual attraction against minors is technically "pedophilia", so this complicates things a little bit further.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, so correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying that 4% of the clergy have had accusations of sexual abuse against them, meaning abuse on children as well as abuse on adults?

If that's what you mean, then you would have to compare this to rates of all sexual abuse in the general population, and not just the 5% (or whatever the exact number) of pedophilia cases.

In any case, the crux of my argument is that, while it is important to recognize the victims of clergy abuse and make sure such abuse does not take place anymore, it is also important to recognize that the media's portrayal of the situation has been disproportionate. For a while, it sounded like half the clergy is comprised of child molesters, and this is very far from the truth.

What's especially weird is that non-Catholic religious officials are rarely, if ever, mentioned. Yet, the rates of abuse within their communities is comparable to that of the Catholic clergy.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, so correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying that 4% of the clergy have had accusations of sexual abuse against them, meaning abuse on children as well as abuse on adults?

If that's what you mean, then you would have to compare this to rates of all sexual abuse in the general population, and not just the 5% (or whatever the exact number) of pedophilia cases.

In any case, the crux of my argument is that, while it is important to recognize the victims of clergy abuse and make sure such abuse does not take place anymore, it is also important to recognize that the media's portrayal of the situation has been disproportionate. For a while, it sounded like half the clergy is comprised of child molesters, and this is very far from the truth.

What's especially weird is that non-Catholic religious officials are rarely, if ever, mentioned. Yet, the rates of abuse within their communities is comparable to that of the Catholic clergy.

Would you like to see Labaki extradited to Europe?

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Quite a transformation and such an open-minded approach on this topic by the same righteous militants who seemed to care more about Ali’s Muslim children than Christian minor orphans raped by their Lord.

Apparently this scandal went below @HannaTheCrusader radar: Orphans should not be sent to Muslim orphanages. But just a minute, was that a Muslim orphanage?

You are really unwell

I always advocated hanging any pedophile , the pope condemned them
The church did and prosecuted them , our society jailed them

But Muslim societies protected them and sanctioned them
Heck of the prophet married a 9 year old, al 3atab moush 3al bakiii

Hallak of you find pedophile a crime, good for you , go and tell your sheikhs and azhar and qoum and Najaf and Mecca that ....

You guys thinks what inflicts your religion. Inflicts others lol. Pathetic

eile

Is that where Père Mansour Labaky got his inspiration from Ya Crusader?

P. Labaky's case aside, given that you truly condemn and oppose pedophilia, shouldn't you be more concerned about the inspirations/justifications through which pedophiles commit their act being revered as ultimate/perfect/legit reference and example to follow by a group people as opposed to the rest of humanity (where pedophilia is considered a crime), and highlighting this being considered a hate crime and akin to destroying bridges between humans as opposed to helping them and opposing pedophilia?

Last edited: