North Maten & Beirut 2 Parliamentary by-Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Lot has been said about if we should/will participate or not, lot has been said about the president signing or not, lot has been said about if we should come up with candidates or leave the seat to the Qoraytem’s coalition.

FPM will participate in both elections, we now have one subject to talk about and work for, preparations to the elections, all other subjects are secondary and we will not waste our time talking about “if the elections are constitutional or not”.

48 days remaining till the elections, countdown has began

ORANGE_15

Lot has been said about if we should/will participate or not, lot has been said about the president signing or not, lot has been said about if we should come up with candidates or leave the seat to the Qoraytem’s coalition.

FPM will participate in both elections, we now have one subject to talk about and work for, preparations to the elections, all other subjects are secondary and we will not waste our time talking about “if the elections are constitutional or not”.

i just closed the phone with my parents in lebanon and told then to be ready cause GMA ask us too and i wish all the lebanese outside lebanon do the same

Zouxi

Legendary Member

great X,

i suggest if you can instruct the volonteers not knowing what to do exactly(like me) for practical ground work!!!

thank you.

Venom

Legendary Member
Shall we say that the oppostion will be running for the by-elections in Beirut??

and for Metn, it seems there is support from R&C bloc (all of it) for this by-election....

elie_3adal

Me too , i live outside lebanon and i will be in lebanon on the 3rd of august,
yalla guys its a historical challenge for FPM, we should proove ourselves

X

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Few notes,

1- Any fights (between us and our opponents) from now till the elections means, they loosing 1 vote, we loosing 10 votes.

Any FPMer who gets involved in any fight is directly helping our opponents.

2 - Elections (especially this time) are not won by pictures, flags, convoys, gatherings, show-offs! Elections are won by direct work with the people, while some will be busy hanging pictures, we should be busy working with the people, our task is easy in Maten, we have to work on those who elected us in 2005 and make sure they will do the same this time around, no need to work on those who were against us in 2005 (if someone manages to change the mind of one of them, it will be great, but that's not our priority), we have a homework to do, and we should do our homework "3al seket".

They will try to provoke us, take us into stupid fights, the best way to avoid this is to stay away from "Mazaher".

Observer

Here are some very interesting statistics published by al-akhbar yestersday.

p05_20070618_pic2.full.jpg

p05_20070618_pic3.full.jpg

p05_20070618_pic4.full.jpg

p05_20070618_pic5.full.jpg

Venom

Legendary Member
Me too , i live outside lebanon and i will be in lebanon on the 3rd of august,
yalla guys its a historical challenge for FPM, we should proove ourselves

I didnt have plans to come to Lebanon this summer but i will be coming only for the elections....please keep us posted on how to get a beeta2a intekhebeeyeh....
thanks

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
ok, i think from now on we should be in the mindset that the elections are going to happen. So what's left to determine and characterize are the following:

1) the candidates
2) the campaigns
3) the activists

We need to be able to find who the best candidate is for each region, and from a strategic point of view, should we run our own FPM candidate or back a neutral to the post.

Electoral campaigning will play a major factor in determining the margin by which we win or lose, i would rather us win by a landslide in metn than by a simple majority.

As to the activists on the ground, i think they have already developed plenty of experience from the previous elections and they will be more than ready when the day comes, but it would be excellent if they can prepare and carry on the electoral campaign ahead of time to prepare the public, especially taking into consideration our humble media capabilities at the moment.

sanabel

Let concentrate in the election in Beirut .Since we are now participating in the election and matematically according to the last results in 2005 the 14 feb gangs can't win the Maten seat...Let us discuss the chances of having the best shot in Beirut...What Sunni candidate can run in this seat with a good reputation in reforming this country.Any names?

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Things in beirut do not look as grim as some may imagine, we do stand a slim chance, and even if our candidate may fail, we should still be able to get more than 40% of the votes; which by itself is a vicotry that could break the taboo surrounding the beirut relation to FM and Al-Hariri.

Zouxi

Legendary Member
hereunder beirut voice numbers and electoral figures in 2005 election:

we can notice that there is a big chance for the opposition (HA, NAjah wakim, FPM and others), and therefore i think it will be a tough battle.

†.)

yalla ya chabeb it's time for the BIG CHALLENGE we are waitting for this since 2 years!
i m not from maten but i ll be there all the elections time and i wish all people do so..we need to back up FPM

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
To all the guys that will work on ground, watch out because this time it will be harder than 2005.
If we managed to win this seat, it means we got all the matn seats, and this will not be accepted easily especially by kataib that considers matn as their fortress, knowing that they will use PG RIP in this battle.

So stay away from troubles as X said.

For the persons that are asking on how they could help, please contact the FPM comittee where you live, or the area you will vote in it.

Zouxi

Legendary Member
i believe personally that FPM should work on full scale level on both directions (metn and beirut) and therefore we should not be overconfident (as X said) even in maten, and we don't have to ignore one direction and work on the other.

Moreover, FPM has suffisent ressources (media, ground work, etc.....) to cover both campaigns (metn and beirut), however, and if at any stage FPM could not manage for any reason, to fulfill high standard electoral campaign in beirut, i believe that FPM shoud abstain from participating in Beirut.

in other words, FPM should work hardly and on full scale on both beirut and metn, "wma lezim ykoun matra7 3ala 7seb el teni".

zouxi.

Tararamtamtam

Also, it would be amazing if Otv can start emiting well before the elections... IT would be a great push to spread our message, and to dissipate the negative propagandist cloud surounding FPM...

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
Manual for a successful real FPM campaign:

1) Be nice and tolerant. The purpose of your existance is not to counter anybody. You have a clear vision that you draw for the people to chose as one of different alternatives.

2) Don't be shy of communicating your ideas. Every voter is a potential target of yours. The constitution and laws give you all legitimate right to communicate, through all legal means, with all the voters in all places.

3) You do not hold responsibility of everything FPM does, but one single mistake from your part is a catastrophe for the whole movement.

4) Maintaining your temperance is not enough. You should be a messenger and spread it all around.

5) Express high culture that gives the people a hope in a "good" alternative that may serve as a good choice that can change the rotten situation.

6) Flags, pictures, orange t-shirts, horns, songs and noise or whatever accessories do not vote so don't waste your time on them. Instead, work on enhancing your vision, ideas, etc...

7) Monitor every step that your opponents are taking and read them carefully.

8) Make sure to open your contact lists and the ones of your parents, neighbors, friends etc... (and get them to do the same) to make sure they get their electoral card and inform them about your candidate's vision.

9) Make sure to ensure transportation to everyone living away but wanting to vote.

10) When encountering people, make sure to express a noble character, promote the culture of peace and love among citizens.

11) Work on creating easy but very expressive slogans that help you reach the hearts of the voters easier.

12) You do not need to fabricate stories about your opponents. Their true ones are enough to discredit (try to avoid that anyway and focus on yourself).

13) Clear the prejudice and lead people into thinking for themselves and formulating their own choices.

14) Make sure to copy and spread as many copies as possible of the lists of voters to the people that you know in order to mark the ones they can take care of convincing and keep following up with them.

15) etc... What can you add?

Zouxi

Legendary Member

i have one question X, since the participation is confirmed :

many rumors are spread around that Michel el murr will not support FPM candidate (elias el murr will support kataeb), and another rumor saying that tachnak will not support the FPM candidate as well. can you advise please???

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.