North Maten & Beirut 2 Parliamentary by-Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Manual for a successful real FPM campaign:

1) Be nice and tolerant. The purpose of your existance is not to counter anybody. You have a clear vision that you draw for the people to chose as one of different alternatives.

2) Don't be shy of communicating your ideas. Every voter is a potential target of yours. The constitution and laws give you all legitimate right to communicate, through all legal means, with all the voters in all places.

3) You do not hold responsibility of everything FPM does, but one single mistake from your part is a catastrophe for the whole movement.

4) Maintaining your temperance is not enough. You should be a messenger and spread it all around.

5) Express high culture that gives the people a hope in a "good" alternative that may serve as a good choice that can change the rotten situation.

6) Flags, pictures, orange t-shirts, horns, songs and noise or whatever accessories do not vote so don't waste your time on them. Instead, work on enhancing your vision, ideas, etc...

7) Monitor every step that your opponents are taking and read them carefully.

8) Make sure to open your contact lists and the ones of your parents, neighbors, friends etc... (and get them to do the same) to make sure they get their electoral card and inform them about your candidate's vision.

9) Make sure to ensure transportation to everyone living away but wanting to vote.

10) When encountering people, make sure to express a noble character, promote the culture of peace and love among citizens.

11) Work on creating easy but very expressive slogans that help you reach the hearts of the voters easier.

12) You do not need to fabricate stories about your opponents. Their true ones are enough to discredit (try to avoid that anyway and focus on yourself).

13) Clear the prejudice and lead people into thinking for themselves and formulating their own choices.

14) Make sure to copy and spread as many copies as possible of the lists of voters to the people that you know in order to mark the ones they can take care of convincing and keep following up with them.

15) etc... What can you add?

16) The work doesn't start one day before the elctions, or one week before the elections, we start working today.

Abou Tony

i have one question X, since the participation is confirmed :

many rumors are spread around that Michel el murr will not support FPM candidate (elias el murr will support kataeb), and another rumor saying that tachnak will not support the FPM candidate as well. can you advise please???

thank you.
What drew my attention in GMA press conference is that he didnt mention the C&R block although it was right after the block's meeting.

He did not state the block's position

X

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i have one question X, since the participation is confirmed :

many rumors are spread around that Michel el murr will not support FPM candidate (elias el murr will support kataeb), and another rumor saying that tachnak will not support the FPM candidate as well. can you advise please???

thank you.

There will be hundreds of rumors, those who make rumors, make it so people waste their time talking about rumors instead of talking with people to make them vote for us.

We FPMers have a work to do, we will not waste our times in things we can't change, If "X" or "Y" was with us and this time will not be with us, talking about it will not change anything, leave the issue to FPM officials to handle

Having said that, Both Murr and Tashnaq were present in C&R block today and GMA gave his orders to FPM to start preparation after the meeting.

P.S. Our opponents will create lot of rumors, if they come to you and tell you "X' will not be on your side, tell him, "Yes true, "X" and "Y" will not be on our side, and we lost 99% of our popularity, and you will easily win the elections with triple score" (let him go home relaxed and happy)

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
To all activists worrying about what others will do rather that what "they" will do, I have one thing to tell you:

if what other will do can make you lose, then you're not qualified to win anyway!

Remember the key: Work on each person whose name appears on the voters' list as a Free individual with who you can communicate and interact and convince.

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
N.B.: Start saving your phone units for the electoral day calls (to make sure that the part of voters you are taking care of is coming to vote appropriately).

Venom

Legendary Member
How can I help from Qatar, for I will be in Lebanon like a day b4 the elections.......

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
What can you do to help in the campaign?

1) Meet the local coordinators in FPM offices and help them in:
- Contacting the voters.
- Communicating the vision and promoting the candidate.
- Knowing what's happening around and what everyone is preparing.
- Setting up the guidelines for the electoral day (logistics, transportation, representatives in the voting rooms, monitoring activities, etc...).
- Being available in the office to welcome new activists and/or people coming to ask questions.
- Gathering needed documents for electoral cards.
- Other assistance activities...

2) Suggest whatever idea comes to your mind here in the orange room so we can help you know the appropriate means to implement it.

3) Contact the people that you know and that vote in both regions and convince them not just to vote, but to also do one of the possible services that they can offer to help in the campaign.

4) Write articles to newspapers focusing on the positive and highly civilized aspects of this electoral democratic competition.

5) Motivate each others, by words or by any action to enhance each other's productivity.

6) Try to come to Lebanon and vote if you are abroad and get as many with you as you can.

7) Promote your candidate online (in websites, discussion boards, facebook, email contacts, etc...).

8) Help create nice slogans for the marketing.

9) Be a good person and reflect a nice image on the movement that you support.

10) Send money to fund the electoral campaign (as soon as the door for fund-raising is open).

11) Spread the word in your close circles.

12) Always keep reminding the working activists about the values that they should maintain all the time during the campaign.

13) etc... What can you add?

JD06

Few notes,

1- Any fights (between us and our opponents) from now till the elections means, they loosing 1 vote, we loosing 10 votes.

Any FPMer who gets involved in any fight is directly helping our opponents.

2 - Elections (especially this time) are not won by pictures, flags, convoys, gatherings, show-offs! Elections are won by direct work with the people, while some will be busy hanging pictures, we should be busy working with the people, our task is easy in Maten, we have to work on those who elected us in 2005 and make sure they will do the same this time around, no need to work on those who were against us in 2005 (if someone manages to change the mind of one of them, it will be great, but that's not our priority), we have a homework to do, and we should do our homework "3al seket".

They will try to provoke us, take us into stupid fights, the best way to avoid this is to stay away from "Mazaher".

one question:why r fpm only working with the people before the elections!! i thought were better than tht! we should have been working with thm the whole time.

Razmig.B

check with everybody, your friends your neighboors if they have their electoral cars, if they dont , ask them for their ID and 2 pictures and go to the nearest FPM office, keep the CARD WITH YOU and on the elections day take your friend to the electoral office to vote !
show no mercy. this should be a REAL work not amateur work.

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
one question:why r fpm only working with the people before the elections!! i thought were better than tht! we should have been working with thm the whole time.

What do you mean by working with the people the whole time?
Can you clarify please?

Comrade Bassam

Legendary Member
My pleasure. My phone line is alfa. Send me 10 recharge cards every day and be sure I will keep in touch with people 24/24 (it's my hobby by the way). And by the way, I study for several hours during the day to be able to find a job later. If you send me 1,000$ per month for 50 years starting now, I will be more than glad to quit and start working on the people 24/24.

JD06

What do you mean by working with the people the whole time?
Can you clarify please?

x said tht we should work with the people who voted for us in 2005, i understand tht to mean tht we havent been asking about these people since 2005,like we won the elections and havent asked about thm till now because we need thr votes. if we wer working with thm(e.g making sure thyr happy with fpms stances , what thy would like to c changed ,what thy like,trying to win new supporters by working on the ground with the people...)since the begging thn it wouldnt look like wer only after thr votes.. for example Many people noticed tht micheal el murr stopped visiting the sites wer bombs go off after the elections(for his credit he was thr for ain alak) ,while b4 he was thr every time something went wrong.

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
Manual for a successful real FPM campaign:

1) Be nice and tolerant. The purpose of your existance is not to counter anybody. You have a clear vision that you draw for the people to chose as one of different alternatives.

2) Don't be shy of communicating your ideas. Every voter is a potential target of yours. The constitution and laws give you all legitimate right to communicate, through all legal means, with all the voters in all places.

3) You do not hold responsibility of everything FPM does, but one single mistake from your part is a catastrophe for the whole movement.

4) Maintaining your temperance is not enough. You should be a messenger and spread it all around.

5) Express high culture that gives the people a hope in a "good" alternative that may serve as a good choice that can change the rotten situation.

6) Flags, pictures, orange t-shirts, horns, songs and noise or whatever accessories do not vote so don't waste your time on them. Instead, work on enhancing your vision, ideas, etc...

7) Monitor every step that your opponents are taking and read them carefully.

8) Make sure to open your contact lists and the ones of your parents, neighbors, friends etc... (and get them to do the same) to make sure they get their electoral card and inform them about your candidate's vision.

9) Make sure to ensure transportation to everyone living away but wanting to vote.

10) When encountering people, make sure to express a noble character, promote the culture of peace and love among citizens.

11) Work on creating easy but very expressive slogans that help you reach the hearts of the voters easier.

12) You do not need to fabricate stories about your opponents. Their true ones are enough to discredit (try to avoid that anyway and focus on yourself).

13) Clear the prejudice and lead people into thinking for themselves and formulating their own choices.

14) Make sure to copy and spread as many copies as possible of the lists of voters to the people that you know in order to mark the ones they can take care of convincing and keep following up with them.

15) etc... What can you add?

Good List for Each FPMer. Totally agree

From an FPM standpoint we need:
1. Coherent Marketing Campaign that gets our message out
2. Coherent PR canpaign that communicates our positions
3. Charismatic Leaders/Spokespeople other than GMA that can inspire the masses. we really need to pick our candidates VERY carefully.

JD06

My pleasure. My phone line is alfa. Send me 10 recharge cards every day and be sure I will keep in touch with people 24/24 (it's my hobby by the way). And by the way, I study for several hours during the day to be able to find a job later. If you send me 1,000$ per month for 50 years starting now, I will be more than glad to quit and start working on the people 24/24.

umm thts y i said fpm i mean all the party members,r u the only member?
hala2 i dont know why u over exaggerated tht much,, members can take a few hours off and work for free, i dont mean devote the rest of ur life to it.

dodzi

Legendary Member
hereunder beirut voice numbers and electoral figures in 2005 election:

we can notice that there is a big chance for the opposition (HA, NAjah wakim, FPM and others), and therefore i think it will be a tough battle.

The graph with the voters according to their communities doesn't give much hope for the opposition. Nontheless, it is obvious that christians aren't many to have registerd to vote. Wether they were Kataeb or FPM, they mostly boycotted the elections in Beirut...

So yeah if we think about it, in Beirut-2 we have a chance. And if we don't, we don't know it yet, hence the importance of participating to know...

Razmig.B

The graph with the voters according to their communities doesn't give much hope for the opposition. Nontheless, it is obvious that christians aren't many to have registerd to vote. Wether they were Kataeb or FPM, they mostly boycotted the elections in Beirut...

So yeah if we think about it, in Beirut-2 we have a chance. And if we don't, we don't know it yet, hence the importance of participating to know...

the wierd thing in that graph is that the armenian MP didnt get any armenian votes? how was that possible ????

Status
Not open for further replies.