France Notre Dame De Paris Cathedral Burning

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I hope it's just the spire that was affected and not the whole structure. I'm sure it's a recent addition anyway.

The entire structure has been affected. Stone gets baked and loses its properties when subjected to tremendous amounts of flames and heat.
What do you mean a recent addition? As far as i know the entire roof and the spire were built in the same period and they haven't been damaged since.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
The entire structure has been affected. Stone gets baked and loses its properties when subjected to tremendous amounts of flames and heat.
What do you mean a recent addition? As far as i know the entire roof and the spire were built in the same period and they haven't been damaged since.

The spire was replaced in the 19th century

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

The current spire is not that old.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 9.45.34 PM.png

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
[B]Notre-Dame Cathedral[/B]‏ @[B]CathedraleNotre[/B] 4m4 minutes ago
More
A combination photo shows the steeple of the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris in June 2018 (L) and as it collapses during a fire April 15, 2019 (R) #NotreDame #Paris
D4NxFFDX4AA2Bmx.jpg

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
They're evacuating the entirety of Ile de la cité now

EN DIRECT - Incendie à Notre-Dame : «Je suis triste de voir brûler cette part de nous» dit Macron

à 20:52Les habitants de l'Ile de la Cité vont être évacués

La mairie de Paris a ouvert la cellule de crise de l’hotel de ville, où l’ensemble des directeurs de service et adjoints concernés sont réunis pour suivre l’évolution du sinistre.
Il a été décidé d’évacuer l’ensemble des habitants de l’ile de la cité. L’espace des Blancs Manteaux, rue Vieille du Temple, a été ouvert pour héberger cette nuit les riverains qui n’auraient pas d’autres solutions d’hébergement. Des lits y sont actuellement livrés et des assistantes sociales seront sur place.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Every time I go to Paris, I spend hours admiring this beauty. It's devastating to see it burning :(
Is this a terrorist attack?

What saddens me is that we've lost the original structure forever now. The restoration will never be authentic.

It will be restored in some 20-40 years, you not gonna know the difference.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

21:49
كاتدرائية نوتردام تستقطب سنويا نحو 13 مليون زائر في باريس

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
كاتدرائية نوتردام تستقطب سنويا نحو 13 مليون زائر في باريس

Maybe that's why the French political class is so sad, ya haram Macron and his dudes/dudettes.... The West lost its soul long time ago so buildings and history don't matter anymore, they are voluntarily removing the crosses and renouncing their identity and culture just to please foreigners... The Western societies are currently more pagan societies and when one sacrifies his/her sets of values nothing good will ever happen.... They are simply creating a cultural void that will be filled with many extremists from all sides until it implodes...

I only feel sorry for the true believers from all over the world who would have to wait decades until this cathedral is restored again.... Hopefully I will have the chance to visit it one more time in my life....

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
From the pictures it looks like the firefighters have managed to save the towers and south façade. The fire looks contained to one spot.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.04.35 PM.png

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Maybe that's why the French political class is so sad, ya haram Macron and his dudes/dudettes.... The West lost its soul long time ago so buildings and history don't matter anymore, they are voluntarily removing the crosses and renouncing their identity and culture just to please foreigners... The Western societies are currently more pagan societies and when one sacrifies his/her sets of values nothing good will ever happen.... They are simply creating a cultural void that will be filled with many extremists from all sides until it implodes...

I only feel sorry for the true believers from all over the world who would have to wait decades until this cathedral is restored again.... Hopefully I will have the chance to visit it one more time in my life....

What a load of bollocks. Who says non-Christians do not enjoy Christian art and architecture?
The French government has done everything it can to preserve its cathedrals.
Whether people still pray there or not is irrelevant.

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It’s sad that in the 21st century and in a country like France, this is still the way we fight fire