• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Oct17 election plans

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Hello fellow forumers,

I would like to start this thread so that you/we try to manage your/our opinions and come up with some united plan for the upcoming elections.

Is there already a party you want to elect? What are the key difference in ideas?

Do you have one main proposition that is not yet adopted by anyone? If yes what is it?

In short how do you plan on making life in Lebanon better?

Are you planning to lobby your friends and family for a new party? Are u living by the kelloun ye3ne kelloun and if yes, what new numbers can you report?

How do you plan on addressing all demographics and religious components?

How do you stand on key issues (financial, Defense, political structure) and more importantly how do you plan on implementing these changes realistically.

Thanks

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    not a single vote should go to the cadre of dumbasses and thieves we saw daily since 2005

im only voting for moujtama3 madane

most importantly for me, taef should die

this coexistence of sectarian cancer must end

if we cannot live under 1 constitution and 1 set of rules, then i dont need to be sharing a country with u

im in for a confederation or even lebanon being split officially into many micro countries

enough akil hawa ba2a

kil bhim and his zbele followers have their own ali baba caves already here, apparently with mini nukes in them

i dont live and breath and work so that a schmuck somewhere else gets to drown me and my assets with him with his bad/greedy/shitty decisions

SAVO

SAVO

good thread..
    im undecised between Lcp and charbel Nahhas.. at this moment i support both.
    unless till the election a third force can be considered an true challenge against the whole corrupted political class.

W

wdawle1

Baddeh oss daynteh w ta3miya lal kleib if more than 5% will be changed in the parliament
    haha.no one going to change anything, that's why you see on misery TV aka MTV calls for changing election law.
    If ur so confident,you wouldn't cry for law change.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    haha.no one going to change anything, that's why you see on misery TV aka MTV calls for changing election law.
    Jumblat shouf dominance should be restored... jens 3atel mesh hek mbala

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The need to change the law is there. But we will NEVER to play games like we saw with the 1960 electoral law, whereby a minority of national votes were represented by a majority of parliamentary seats through the 2005 and 2009 elections. That will never happen. We wont recognize such an election or parliament and that law or it's like will never be resurrected.

If we are to change the electoral law, it should be for something better:
    - Lebanon as one electoral district
    - Proprotional representation
    - non sectarian representation, non sectarian quotas.

We have 128 MPs. Based on the number of votes each party or list gets across the country, that would be proportionally divided or translated into seats in parliament. That means all the valid votes across the country after the election equal to 128 seats in parliament. Then give each list a number of seats proportional to the number of votes it gets.

Other than this, electoral games will not be acceptable.

Aegon

Aegon

Hopefully early elections come asap. This is the only way out of the crisis we are in. Who ever wins majority then let them rule. If we end up with the same crapload of representation then so be it. But I am hoping for change.

I will not be for any specific party, but individuals and ideals. Someone needs to be new, young, educated and ambitious and motivated to work for lebanese reforms and transparency.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hopefully early elections come asap. This is the only way out of the crisis we are in. Who ever wins majority then let them rule. If we end up with the same crapload of representation then so be it. But I am hoping for change.

I will not be for any specific party, but individuals and ideals. Someone needs to be new, young, educated and ambitious and motivated to work for lebanese reforms and transparency.
    why would any new majority be more legitimate than the actual majority?

V

vicking747

I am definitely not happy with FPM but I can’t blame them. They are trying to change from the inside, but too corrupt.

I will vote for FPM but I need a clear program to change the system without touching the National Pact though

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter

Parties are the vehicle to implementing change in a democratic system. They should carry your ideas and programs to implement them. It should be a good idea to look for one then, that is best for what u seek.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Parties are the vehicle to implementing change in a democratic system.
    Do you believe we’re in a democratic system? Do you believe we have rule of law and functioning institutions?

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    Do you believe we’re in a democratic system? Do you believe we have rule of law and functioning institutions?
    We are in a kind of democratic system yes. Flawed, we agree. Bass we re not in Syria or lybia. I just saw on the international news reporters asking if the security forces are still loyal to the regime or defected...

For **** sake, these politicians came because the people voted for them. We should assume responsability for our choices.

In my opinion, just voting for someone from civil society is not enough at all. All the demonstrators and thawra energy should go to forming a program of a political party. Yes, political. Without a new party with a program a drive and concepts for practical solutions on how to implement it, mich bass saff 7ake, there will be no betterment.

Until now, the only hopeful information was from @Apostate in the Chatroom. Come on guys, please share ur ideas.

Edit: the only way to restore the rule of law and build functioning institutions is through the democratic political process. Everything else means war, in my opinion and I do not wish for that. What other realistic solution do you propose?

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    There can be a new pact. The old one was undemocratic, apartheid in nature and imposed without recourse to the people. Any new pact must be approved through a referendum by the Lebanese.

For example, we can have a new constitution where the state is secular and whereby it is stated that if the President (directly elected with presidential powers) is Maronite, the two vice presidents should be Shia and Sunni. And if the president is Sunni, then the two vice should be Shia and Maronite. And if the president is Shia, then the two vice can be Maronite and Sunni. This is just an example. We can have only one vice or four. It doesnt matter. And it doesnt have to be from a specific sect. But there should be tolerance and diversity to accommodate the two different religions as a guarantee to everyone. This can lead to the creation of two or three big national coalitions or national parties that appeal and accommodate all sects. We can have a majority and a minority and within them from all secta in parliament and in the Senate along political lines. But the current system and current pact are outdated and will continue to exist, if at all without the approval of the majority of Lebanese. A system that doesnt have the trust and confidence of the majority of Lebanese. We need Taef to be fully implemented. We arent proposing something new actually. We are only asking for the Taef accord that ended the civil war to be implemented fully, after 30 years of non implementation.
    Is the party you re gonna vote for working towards these goals? If yes, is it only 7ake or do they have a practical plan to implement this? eg working towards getting the support of all lebanese regardless of demographics and religion etc...?

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Is the party you re gonna vote for working towards these goals? If yes, is it only 7ake or do they have a practical plan to implement this? eg working towards getting the support of all lebanese regardless of demographics and religion etc...?
    You can’t have a secular state if you don’t have a secular civil registry: ie births, marriages and deaths are registered I the state regardless of religion. Everything else is hawbara.
    I’ll lookup @Apostate contribution in the chat room.

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    You can’t have a secular state if you don’t have a secular civil registry: ie births, marriages and deaths are registered I the state regardless of religion. Everything else is hawbara.
    I’ll lookup @Apostate contribution in the chat room.
    So, according to your opinion, we would need a party that is looking to implement that change as a first step. Is that a common ground for the new faces? Can we get a consensus on that at least?

dyyyy

dyyyy

Whatever the program is, it's an uphill battle, you will be facing
    - Clientelism : almost 20% of the voters are state employees, it's more if you count them and their families and employees of private companies owned by them. these will vote directly to whatever they're told to vote to
    - Pressures, vote buying , box changing ... and all the things we've seen in the last elections
    - Secterian fear, which a big majority still believe in
    - The classic 8/14 March where people even if they disagree with FPM will vote for them because they're afraid that LF wins, and the other way around.

So the ambition is not to get a majority, but just to have a breakthrough so people will start seeing alternatives in the years ahead.

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Baddeh oss daynteh w ta3miya lal kleib if more than 5% will be changed in the parliament
    You're a blind FPM follower. You wanna be a deaf one too? Tsk tsk tsk.