Oct17 election plans

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I will not be surprised if the major muslim parties (FM, HA, Amal, and Psp) unite against the rise of LF the same way the muslim parties did in the 70s against Kataeb or in 2005 against FPM.

None of the major parties dare speak out loud against the Iranian occupation in Lebanon.

LF should re-instate the cedar revolution and lead a new coalition joining March 14 remnants from all sects and areas in the country.
to this day we still do not have a proper front against HA's to attract votes from all over the country.
Unfortunately, key individuals such as Samir Kassir, Pierre gemayel, Gebran Tueni, Mhammad Chath, loqman slim and others were all eliminated by the same murderous machine to make it harder for such coalition to form.

all what we're left with are a bunch of servants who bent the knee such as Hariri and jumblat w hal bada3a
Those were already denounced by lots of their people precisely because of their servitude to HA.
All i see is low hanging fruits up for grabs in every corner of this country and if no such coalition is formed their votes are either going to useless mojtama3 madani trojan horses or maybe they're not voting at all.

It is time to work Dr Geagea
call after Rifi, Harb, fatfat, sou3eid, makhzoumi and all sovereign figures of this country, meet and announce a new front and give hope to a hopeless population.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Thanks for your input. I would like to keep this thread about the new Parties that should emerge from oct17, and not about the election plans of LF.

That is why I asked about nahwa El watan.
Is mmfd also joining hands with them?
What about the other actors, like the retired generals, didn't they also want to start some party to head for elections?

Thx

flag-waver

Thanks for your input. I would like to keep this thread about the new Parties that should emerge from oct17, and not about the election plans of LF.

That is why I asked about nahwa El watan.
Is mmfd also joining hands with them?
What about the other actors, like the retired generals, didn't they also want to start some party to head for elections?

Thx

mmfd bro cant be trusted

mikeys71

Legendary Member
I would like to see an open candidate debates on national TV and give the public a chance to learn about each candidate’s program and his plan to implement his ideas.

Ashrafieh LF

Sticking to LF during these dark moments is the safest thing one can do
Agreed. Next election is essentially a referendum on which direction you want Lebanon to go. Option 1 is to be with the pariah states of the likes of Syria Iran, North Korea and Venezuela where warfare and poverty are life's only constant. Option 2 is the Western democratic option where people work, learn and live a good life.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Agreed. Next election is essentially a referendum on which direction you want Lebanon to go. Option 1 is to be with the pariah states of the likes of Syria Iran, North Korea and Venezuela where warfare and poverty are life's only constant. Option 2 is the Western democratic option where people work, learn and live a good life.
Or option 3 be lebanese for a change and that is what this thread is about. If you cannot understand that move on.
If you feel the need to post this it belongs in the elections 2022 thread and not here.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Aegon

There should be extensive international/ europoean electoral monitoring in the jnoob backed by UNIFIL, backed by a new Chapter 7 resolution to use force if and when there are violations.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
mmfd bro cant be trusted
Thanks for the article.
That gino dude is part of another movement?

The program is mostly ok, anything is better then where we are at. The problem is how to implement it, regarding the realistic circumstances Lebanon is in, and not a theoretical utopia.

Aegon

Let MMFD sticks to candidates in the jnoob and Dahiye only. Any mp taken from Amal or HA is a win, no matter who takes it.

flag-waver

Thanks for the article.
That gino dude is part of another movement?

The program is mostly ok, anything is better then where we are at. The problem is how to implement it, regarding the realistic circumstances Lebanon is in, and not a theoretical utopia.

I think the sunnis and the christians there are cracks in the street ie there will be many parties etc. MMFD/LCP or these guys need to try to break the hold of the 27 shia MPs. If they the LCP and the rest of the revolution dudes can get 1 or 2 in the south and 1 in Baalbeck they should thank their lucky stars and call it a day. The elections will tell but i dont see too much change to be honest. i see some parties go up a bit and some less a bit and thats it. the sunnis will be dispersed than before and that is it.

flag-waver

The only person who can block the elections is HA. There is only one issue in this election. It IS a referendum. It is a referendum on the christian cover for HA. It is either maintained or dropped.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
The only person who can block the elections is HA. There is only one issue in this election. It IS a referendum. It is a referendum on the christian cover for HA. It is either maintained or dropped.
I think the elections should be about all people seeing new emerging political parties representing them in the parliament. People from every sect waking up, that the lebanese nation is more important than party, sect, gang, etc...
Basically awarding the representatives they thought did good, sending bad ones out and electing new Parties with new approaches.

I hope I can get more insights from forumers about the third option: new Parties with new approaches. Especially from forumers that are pro demonstrations.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Thanks for the link.
So basically they only offer "election services" and funds? Did I understand it correctly?
That's weird. If they don't have a shared program, how do they select the candidates they endorse? 😕
Splitting electoral work from the party advertising for its election is very weird. I don't even know if that's a good thing.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There should be extensive international/ europoean electoral monitoring in the jnoob backed by UNIFIL, backed by a new Chapter 7 resolution to use force if and when there are violations.

I know I won't be rooting for Hizbullah next time they go to war with Israel...
W fehmak kfeyeh.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Imho, this thread should have the most activity of all threads, planning the program for new Parties for the next elections.

I have a weird feeling that the coming elections won't be any different then the former ones.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Imho, this thread should have the most activity of all threads, planning the program for new Parties for the next elections.

I have a weird feeling that the coming elections won't be any different then the former ones.
They were never going to be any different... people had a moment of clarity but now it is long gone as the got polarized again and prefer to live in shit as long as their lord is winning... Some parties/groups are trying to get organized but i do not see much traction around them. hope im wrong.