• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

October 13th memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placebo

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I know this issue was already discussed before,
but i found on facebook an event planned for the occasion. It is supposed to be in the kasr el mou2tamarat of dbayeh.

Is this event official by FPM or what? because if so we need to start organizing.

bozo-ze-clown

but i found on facebook an event planned for the occasion. It is supposed to be in the kasr el mou2tamarat of dbayeh.

Is this event official by FPM or what? because if so we need to start organizing.

This should be a lebanese event. FPM did not exist at this time.

Either we are able to honor the lebanese soldiers and civilians who died on the 13 th or we should go to hell.

They died for our country. I do not expect anything less that what has been done for Samir Quntar.

>Watani<

أكبر من أن يُبلعْ وأصغر من أن يقسّم
Orange Room Supporter
this should be a lebanese event. Fpm did not exist at this time.

Either we are able to honor the lebanese soldiers and civilians who died on the 13 th or we should go to hell.

They died for our country. I do not expect anything less that what has been done for samir quntar.

خطأ فادح باعتبار أن هذه المناسبة هي لجميع اللبنانيين! لأنه 13 تشرين 1990 وقف أكثر من نصف اللبنانيين ضدّ هذه الحرب المشرفة التي كتبت في التاريخ! ووحده العماد عون والعونيون واجهوا الإحتلال السوري! وهؤلاء الشهداء من المؤسسة العسكرية الذين أدوا واجبهم بوفاء وتضحية وإخلاص للوطن، هم الذين نكرمهم دوماً ولن ننساهم أبداً! لأنهم أبطال وأشرف الناس
لقد سرق البعض عيد 14 آذار من العونيين ولكنهم من غير مقدروهم سرق هذه المناسبة الحزبنة! لأنهم هم العملاء والعبيد! كانوا مرتكبي مجزرة 13 تشرين بحق اللبنانيين الأحرار

freelebanonn

Legendary Member

no their is nothing yet. the people on facebook that ur talking about are asking fpm to make an event on the 13 of october to counter that of LF.however i am against it.
this is one of the sadest days in the history of modern lebanon i dont think we should be having electoral speeches and celebrating like the LF did but we should be mourning them.

Tayyar Keserwen

Martyrs should not be used for political gains.

They died for a cause. Being labeled as heroes is an understatement.

Let them rest in peace.

Allah yer7amkoun ya shouhada.... na7na mkaffeyin el masira.

Lebanesegirl

I have something in my mind I wish it can happen!! I was thinking about not a festival or anything just Let the people who would go to the demo. or festival hold candles and walk together to a church where a ceremony will be prepared! let all the people who wants to get involved in this day to meet in one place holding candles and walking to church! with tretil in front of the line! chou what do guys think? really we should do it that way without flags of any party just the lebanese and Army flag for sure!! A candle for each Martyr who died in 13 October and for every soldier who died for this country! GMA and the parents of the Martyrs will be waiting in church, and GMA will make a speech the next day not on the same day!! chou? am I dreaming so much?

elio_orange_elio

12/10/2008 (07:30) - هيئة بشلّي - ندوة حول 13 ت1
تنظم هيئة بشلّي في التيار الوطني الحرّ ندوة حول أبعاد 13 تشرين والأثر على الواقع المسيحي والوحدة الوطنية، يشارك فيها النائب شامل موزايا، والمنسّق العام د. بيار رفّول وممثّل عن تيار المردة. وذلك مساء الأحد 12 تشرين الأول 2008 في صالة مطعم الجميّل، بشلّي- جبيل

12/10/2008 (11:00) - هيئة الكحاله - مسيرة راجلة
إحياءً لشهداء 13 تشرين الأول 1990، تنظم هيئة الكحاله في التيار الوطني الحر مسيرة راجلة من أمام كنيسة مار أنطونيوس الكحاله إلى منطقة ضهر الوحش مكان استشهاد ظباط وأفراد الجيش اللبناني، وذلك يوم 12 تشرين الأول 2008 الساعة الحادية عشرة قبل الظهر أمام الكنيسة حيث توضع أكاليل من الزهر. تتخلل المسيرة كلمات وشهادات حياة تخليدًا لذكرى الشهداء.

MPFL

October 13th memorial is not about the martyrs only..so if anything was organized it is not as we are using the martyrs for political advantage!
We are not wearing black and moving from house to house with our martyrs pictures and asking for sympathy...we are not asking people to vote for us because we have martyrs..

October 13th is the day when we stood alone facing the whole world..
is the day when we lost the battle but only to get stronger..

We should always remember this day to never forget who we really are!!
I am with a memorial and I've been hearing it is gonna happen!! I really hope it will

14 march

its a shame!!!

This should be a lebanese event. FPM did not exist at this time.

They died for our country. I do not expect anything less that what has been done for Samir Quntar.

i think that ur picture is really you after what ur saying man
when u say that 13 october is 4 all lebanese eno chu asdak
are u crazy after what u said i understand that the LF with ga3ga3 ishtirakiyye with jumblat amal and berri the lebanese that supported syrian troops and houkoumit el hoss should participate in this gathering
maybe in 13 october ma ken fi FPM yes coz it wasnt called like this bas ken fi chi esmo beit el cha3eb and sha3eb lebnen el 3azim this was the FPM in that time so plz do not write stupidity see the truth its all around you
ou kamen ba3ed na2is hole the militias who fought against ur army against al shar3iyya this man ga3ga3 that in ur eyes is lebanese who killed al ra2is allah yirhamo dany chamoun and his family mech haram hayda sar lebnene and should also be on an event of 13 techrine????!!! or maybe jombi who killed so many christian an d i cant beleive how now he talks about christian ka2ennon ekhweto 3aib
and ga3ga3 now makes himself as a saint 3aib
lan nansa el ra2is karame, lan nansa toni franjiye ou lan nansak ya fakhamit el ra2is dany chamoun...lan nansa shouhada2 13 october...

dany hay fina.
noumour dany chamoun.:msnsad:

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
GMA could talk about this issue in his press conference

يعقد العماد ميشال عون مؤتمراً صحفياً في دارته في الرابية يوم الجمعة 3/10/2008
في تمام الساعة الثالثة من بعد الظهر.

Tayyar.org

Placebo

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I heard it will be in "aser l mou2tamarat" but I really don't find a reason for it! a ceremony remembering the heroes who died would be enough!!

They are starting to say that aser l mou2tamarat is small and can hold 500 people! and bla bla bla lol!

well yeah thats true kasr el mou2tamarat is small. even the space around it is not good for celebrations.

2 years ago it was supposed to happen next to geant. i don't know i dnt see FPM doing anything about the subect anyway. its next week.

and yes i think we should do a celebration. its a tour de force before the elections. People will know the real size of FPM and will start taking it into consideration before thinking of forming electoral alliances.

coralie

Legendary Member
this day will always be in the memory of the true free lebanese as the darkest day of our modern history .

in that day the whole world stood against Lebanon and its free will and allowed Syria along with its internal allies to invade and take full control of Lebanon .

this dark day should be a great lesson of history to be told over and over again to those who were aligned with the invading forces .

many died , may god have their souls
many disapeared , we still ask about them . hoping one day we will know what happened to them .
this day was a turning point for Lebanon . many collaborated , and many resisted .

Today after 18 years we know who sold Lebanon and who realy fought for its freedom against all odds .

this dark day is a historical day with lots of meanings to learn and to teach. this is what 13 oct 1990 is .

the commemoration should be to tell all this to the people so we never forget what happened , who collaborated who betrailed and who stood up for what Lebanon is worth fighting for .

elio_orange_elio

نأسف أن هذه السنة لن يكون هناك شيئاً لأن جميع الناس تريد المشاركة ومتحمسين للمشاركة يجب على قيادة التيار أن تجد حلاً لهذا الأمر

14 march

and we should also pray for dany chamoun and his family bcoz be3tebro men shouhada2 13 october :( allah yirhamak dany

sarhay

There could be masses and prayers in local chruches and mosques, then a gathering to commemorate the tragic event of oct 13th.

14 march

There could be masses and prayers in local chruches and mosques, then a gathering to commemorate the tragic event of oct 13th.

nice idea
and the best untill now yeah yeah we could all pray and at chi 5pm all go to rabiyeh and gather with a speech for GMA

MPFL

stop implying that 13 october celebration equals using the blood of the martyrs!!

it is the same as if your are saying 7th may 2005 equals using the agony of the prisoners!!

on 13th October many martyrs fell behind and every second we honor them by not forgetting why they died for...
We have never asked for sympathy because we had martyrs...

on 13th October we fought against the whole world, for me this day represents the true character of FPM and how we lost the battle but never gave up..
You should always remember who you are to keep building for the futur...

this is the true meaning of 13 October..
it is about the resistance, martyrs, people who continued fighting and never lost hope...and i believe we should always celebrate this day!!

Of course each year differently.
The question this year would, do FPMrs need such a celebration to remember who we were?? (i am not saying we changed) but we need to feel that flame back!!

I would say yes, it would be great to have the celebration this year...but it is not the end of the world if we didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.