• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Olmert supporting sanyoura

Observer

This is what Olmert said to Der spiegel on Dec 11.

SPIEGEL: Your neighbor to the north, Lebanon, is on the verge of a new civil war. Are you concerned about the images of Prime Minister Fuad Siniora's beleaguered office in Beirut?

Olmert: Of course I am not particularly happy with these pictures. It is important that democracy in Lebanon is protected and that Hezbollah will not be supported by outside forces like Syria and Iran. But I must weigh my words carefully, because if it appears that the Israelis are defending Siniora, it will not help him in Lebanon. I would have loved to meet with Siniora for peace negotiations. There isn't much that separates us. In one meeting we could agree on everything.

SPIEGEL: When Hezbollah kidnapped the two Israeli soldiers in July -- a declaration of war from the Israeli point of view -- you also publicly blamed the Siniora government. Do you regret today that you did not do more to stabilize him?

Olmert: There was nothing that could help Siniora more than the weakening of Hezbollah. The present turmoil in Lebanon is not the result of the strengthening of Hezbollah. Hezbollah suffered a major loss as a result of the war and is today fighting for its political survival. We tried a great deal to defeat the forces that are threatening Siniora.

I do not have a shred of doubt that somebody in the sanyoura gov. and/or future movement had direct contacts with Olmert gov.

Observer

Here is what Shimon Perez said to kul-al-arab magazine (العدد 991 الجمعة 8.12.2006 - 17 ذو القعدة 1427 ).

س:بالنسبة للبنان هل ستحمون وتدافعون عن رئيس الحكومة فؤاد السنيورة، كما ذكر بعض الوزراء الاسرائيليين؟ وهل تخشون حدوث انقلاب في لبنان؟
-نحن معنيون ان تبقى دولة لبنان مستقلة وكاملة من ناحية الارض والمياه، ونحن ضد أي تدخل اجنبي على ارض لبنان وجيش حزب الله هو جيش ايراني مزود بالاسلحة الايرانية ويتلقى الدعم المادي من الايرانيين، آمل الا يحدث انقلاب في لبنان فالانقلاب سيحدث الدمار في لبنان، انا التقيت بعدد من الساسة اللبنانيين ولانهم لا يريدون ان نتحدث عن تلك اللقاءات لهذا افضل عدم ذكر اسماء تلك الشخصيات.

Abufijli

any politician that is supported by the zionist must be bad... its that simple for me. its disgusting to hear that one of our own is being supported by the devil. it actually makes me feel sick inside. literally...

forward_vision

any politician that is supported by the zionist must be bad... its that simple for me. its disgusting to hear that one of our own is being supported by the devil. it actually makes me feel sick inside. literally...

You forget Olmert is the Little Satan. US, The Big Satan also supports Saniora. Does that make you feel sick also?

Lebing

since when we should care what Olmert says.
We all know Israel is enemy of Lebanon while people such Observer are too busy labeling their fellow citizens zionist agents or iranian revolutionary.
Stop this alienation. I have said it many times towards you FPMers, towards FMers, towards every lebanese.
Obviously none of you seem to care except for the words of leaders.

Observer

since when we should care what Olmert says.
We all know Israel is enemy of Lebanon while people such Observer are too busy labeling their fellow citizens zionist agents or iranian revolutionary.
Stop this alienation. I have said it many times towards you FPMers, towards FMers, towards every lebanese.
Obviously none of you seem to care except for the words of leaders.

Actually I have so many other things to make me busy, but since Israel is an enemy and since Israel is supporting the sanyoura gov with everything it can do then the sanyoura gov must go because it is in the best interests of Israel - the enemy as you said - for the sanyoura gov to stay.

Hye4Lebanon

Hey, give Olmert a break. Him and Sanyoura have alot in common. They are both REALLY hated by most of their citizens.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
The time has come for us to start being autonomous, don’t you think? Be it Olmert or Assad backing Sanyoura up, it should not affect your political perspective or stimulate the need to topple the government.

Our incentives in toppling the government emanate from our own vision of how Lebanon should be governed and not from Olmert’s perspective. Thus his support (or lack of) to the Sanyoura’s government need not be brought in as an influencing factor.

J_Raad1450

This is what Olmert said to Der spiegel on Dec 11.

SPIEGEL: Your neighbor to the north, Lebanon, is on the verge of a new civil war. Are you concerned about the images of Prime Minister Fuad Siniora's beleaguered office in Beirut?

Olmert: Of course I am not particularly happy with these pictures. It is important that democracy in Lebanon is protected and that Hezbollah will not be supported by outside forces like Syria and Iran. But I must weigh my words carefully, because if it appears that the Israelis are defending Siniora, it will not help him in Lebanon. I would have loved to meet with Siniora for peace negotiations. There isn't much that separates us. In one meeting we could agree on everything.

SPIEGEL: When Hezbollah kidnapped the two Israeli soldiers in July -- a declaration of war from the Israeli point of view -- you also publicly blamed the Siniora government. Do you regret today that you did not do more to stabilize him?

Olmert: There was nothing that could help Siniora more than the weakening of Hezbollah. The present turmoil in Lebanon is not the result of the strengthening of Hezbollah. Hezbollah suffered a major loss as a result of the war and is today fighting for its political survival. We tried a great deal to defeat the forces that are threatening Siniora.

I do not have a shred of doubt that somebody in the sanyoura gov. and/or future movement had direct contacts with Olmert gov.

Hariri and Sanyoura took Sunnis in Lebanon where no other Sunni ever went without knowing! It is sad but true...that's what happen when you have "night clubber kid" running the Sunni street

pitbull

Unfortunately the same Man that hailed Lebanon with tons of rockets and explosives this summer, killed 100's and destroyed Lebanon ... Became out of a sudden a reliable source for some Lebanese to judge Lebanon's Prime Minister.

Israel main enemy is the Strong and diverse Lebanon, represented by the 14th of March ...
Their enemy is Lebanon ...

Olmert's first word after the abduction of the 2 soldiers is that he is going to take Lebanon back 20 years ... and that was his main intention ....
ALL the blathering that came after that (about abolishing HA) were mere cheap talk, in order to give a plausible excuse for the International community ...

Israel have no problem with HA ... especially that their Bang Bangs proved to be obsolete...

A reminder ... When Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 ... they summed up to 160 thousand troops ...
this year the Maximum number they summed was 30 thousand troops ... and that was when they reached the Litany river with it...

Their Main Goal was to destroy Lebanon ... in order that this Country won't compete them in the future ... in case Peace took place between the Arabs and the Jewish state ...

Lebanon is the gate for west Asia and so is Israel ...

the Lebanese are excellent Bankers and so are the Israelis

The Lebanese are excellent in the Advertisement field ... and so are the Israelis

The Lebanese are opened in to the West, and have influential societies there ... and so are the Israelis

Lebanon is opened on the Arabs and a is Part of the Arab League ... Guess who's not ....

- Lebanon is the victim of a dirty game between Iran and the USA... and we are stupid enough not to see the truth...

Lebing

well if we take Observer's logic then there's no need for Lebanon, since Gov has to go because Israel supports it. And others would say Lahoud has to go since Syria supports it. So we base all our decisions on foreign opinions and interventions.
Really no hope for this country thanks to people like Observer:D
Habibi Observer take it easy:)

J_Raad1450

Unfortunately the same Man that hailed Lebanon with tons of rockets and explosives this summer, killed 100's and destroyed Lebanon ... Became out of a sudden a reliable source for some Lebanese to judge Lebanon's Prime Minister.

Israel main enemy is the Strong and diverse Lebanon, represented by the 14th of March ...
Their enemy is Lebanon ...

Olmert's first word after the abduction of the 2 soldiers is that he is going to take Lebanon back 20 years ... and that was his main intention ....
ALL the blathering that came after that (about abolishing HA) were mere cheap talk, in order to give a plausible excuse for the International community ...

Israel have no problem with HA ... especially that their Bang Bangs proved to be obsolete...

A reminder ... When Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 ... they summed up to 160 thousand troops ...
this year the Maximum number they summed was 30 thousand troops ... and that was when they reached the Litany river with it...

Their Main Goal was to destroy Lebanon ... in order that this Country won't compete them in the future ... in case Peace took place between the Arabs and the Jewish state ...

Lebanon is the gate for west Asia and so is Israel ...

the Lebanese are excellent Banker and so are the Israelis

The Lebanese are excellent in the Advertisement field ... and so are the Israelis

The Lebanese are opened in to the West, and have influential societies there ... and so are the Israelis

Lebanon is opened on the Arabs and a is Part of the Arab League ... Guess who's not ....

- Lebanon is the victim of a dirty game between Iran and the USA... and we are stupid enough not to see the truth...

Even if Olmert is lying, Sanyoura and Hariri are suspects…The evidence is mounting. Allllah Yerhamak Ya Rafic el Hariri (I guess this is the first time I said this). Indeed, Rafic was a good man...

Marwan077

Observer,this is more a proof that in these days ,Israel support Hizballah.The israelis know very well that the arab street hate them and they know very well that such words will not be at the advantage of Siniora and will provoke negative views toward him,their aims are obvious ,helping the syrian regime.
Historicaly it's proved that most of the israeli agents in the arab world had an anti zionist rhetoric.

Abufijli

You forget Olmert is the Little Satan. US, The Big Satan also supports Saniora. Does that make you feel sick also?

Oh, thanx for reminding me, almost forgot! how silly of me....

I can not believe you would belittle such a thing like its nothing, absolutely silly of you to make out that Olmert supporting Saniora is nothing to worry about.

nova_flush

Screw Olmert. We don’t want his support nor do we need his support. After what they did to us this summer they dare speak about Lebanon? All Israel wants is to destabilize Lebanon just like Syria. Who cares who he supports, we don’t want his support. I will be the 1st to leave March 14 if there is truly work going on against the country between us and Israel.

lebo

All that Israel wants is to further break us apart. Such statements should not be taken as further grounds to attack each other. Let's focus on resolving our differences. We all want Lebanon. Cheers.

Observer

well if we take Observer's logic then there's no need for Lebanon, since Gov has to go because Israel supports it. And others would say Lahoud has to go since Syria supports it. So we base all our decisions on foreign opinions and interventions.
Really no hope for this country thanks to people like Observer:D
Habibi Observer take it easy:)

So you do agree that israel is supporting the sanyoura gov. I see that you went one step further. Thank you

Lebing

[] Observer.
Goodluck with your forward thinking.

Last edited by a moderator: