Only 23% of women work in Lebanon

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
LBCI did this report where they showed that only 23% of women work in Lebanon.

Not only this, they said that, while the average salary of men is USD23,000 yearly, women's yearly average is USD5,800 !

Report link here: In Lebanon, only 23% of women work

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I need to be subscribed in order to look at the report, can someone summarize it?

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    I need to be subscribed in order to look at the report, can someone summarize it?
    Its exactly those 2 figures a said above.

At the end they do a small interview with Mrs. Claudine Aoun and she talks about what they are doing to improve this

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Its exactly those 2 figures a said above.

At the end they do a small interview with Mrs. Claudine Aoun and she talks about what they are doing to improve this
    Okay but they got that 23% number how? Are they counting all women including older women and girls younger than 18? Or are they limiting it to 18-63? Just based on my immediate environment meaning friends and family about 90% of women I know back home are working. regarding wages I have absolutely no idea but I thought Lebanon was better than 23%, that's just shameful!

mikeys71

mikeys71

23% seem very low but who knows. Women in my circle of family and friends And the area we live at are all mostly employed. Even the salary gap seem incorrect.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Okay but they got that 23% number how? Are they counting all women including older women and girls younger than 18? Or are they limiting it to 18-63? Just based on my immediate environment meaning friends and family about 90% of women I know back home are working. regarding wages I have absolutely no idea but I thought Lebanon was better than 23%, that's just shameful!
    23% seem very low but who knows. Women in my circle of family and friends And the area we live at are all mostly employed. Even the salary gap seem incorrect.
    True, in my company we have more women than men.

So i am not sure why its only 23%.

opium

opium

Very reasonable.
    There is a deficit of 150 000 from the security forces alone.
    In many sectors they are rare( Transportation, labors,carpenters,smith, builders,plumbers, mechanics...)
    Also the majority of the old housewives never worked before.( Now this is changing)

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

صحيح لأنه الباقي يقومون بتربية أولادهم بدلّ أن يربوا تربية شوارع أو أن ينّدهو للخادمة "ماما" هههههههههههههه شعب مريض براسه

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    صحيح لأنه الباقي يقومون بتربية أولادهم بدلّ أن يربوا تربية شوارع أو أن ينّدهو للخادمة "ماما" هههههههههههههه شعب مريض براسه
    Eza mfakkar enno yalli 3andoun khadam byechteghlo chou b koun ba3d baddak fatt khibez ya 2obbaré :lol: