Only 3,000 out of 34,000 of yearly Lebanese university graduate are finding jobs

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
ارقام مخيفة عن مؤسسات وشركات تقفل، وعن صرف موظفين وعمال، وحده الضمان الاجتماعي لديه الارقام الدقيقة ويتكتّم عليها.


تتدحرج احجار دومينو الاقتصاد: شقق لا تباع ولا تؤجّر، مصانع لا تصرّف منتجاتها، اسواق تجارية تحتضر، ولا تنفع في انعاشها حسومات جمعة سوداء ولا حتى سنة سوداء .
Full Report here: ارقام مخيفة عن مؤسسات وشركات تقفل
 
  • Advertisement
  • Libnene Qu7

    Libnene Qu7

    Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And we can't form a government in 7 months because of a wazeer bil zayed aw na2is. Our politicians are light years away from the people.
     
    mrsrx

    mrsrx

    Newish Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Are there any positive signs in the economy that would help us lie to ourselves and say it is gonna be okay? or would we have to rely 100% on the Lebanese classic patented denial?
     
    Iron Maiden

    Iron Maiden

    Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Are there any positive signs in the economy that would help us lie to ourselves and say it is gonna be okay? or would we have to rely 100% on the Lebanese classic patented denial?
    جايي النفط
     
    Nonan

    Nonan

    Well-Known Member
    Are there any positive signs in the economy that would help us lie to ourselves and say it is gonna be okay? or would we have to rely 100% on the Lebanese classic patented denial?
    مش مهم. المهم زعيمي بخع زعيمك وًفينا نغني و نحنا بالخرا pardon my French...
    Separately, the 1992 crisis and demos paved the way for Hariri to come and reign on the country for 12 years. What’s next? faycal karami? El samad?
     
    manifesto

    manifesto

    Well-Known Member
    The numbers are grossly exaggerated :/
    3,000 out of 32,000 means 92% of university graduates are unemployed.

    No country has a 92% rate of youth unemployment. Not even Malawi.
     
    mrsrx

    mrsrx

    Newish Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The numbers are grossly exaggerated :/
    3,000 out of 32,000 means 92% of university graduates are unemployed.

    No country has a 92% rate of youth unemployment. Not even Malawi.
    92% of fresh university graduates not for the rest of their lives! (everyone else meaning older university graduates and non university workers go at a lower clip of unemployment). Youth numbers are generally calculated for under 35 not for fresh grads.

    To put this into perspective:
    In the PIGS crisis spain had 63% of under 35 not finding jobs and that is spain that has a far better economy than lebanon.(Greece was hovering around 70%) and fresh grads were off worse than the general under 35 category

    I think we are not far from a general collapse and declaring bankrupty (We should ask argentina for advice they have done it several times)
     
    Indie

    Indie

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The numbers are grossly exaggerated :/
    3,000 out of 32,000 means 92% of university graduates are unemployed.

    No country has a 92% rate of youth unemployment. Not even Malawi.
    How many do you know that stay in Lebanon? Most find jobs abroad.
     
    Muki

    Muki

    Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The numbers are grossly exaggerated :/
    3,000 out of 32,000 means 92% of university graduates are unemployed.

    No country has a 92% rate of youth unemployment. Not even Malawi.
    It might be talking about employment within disciplines the graduates have degrees in. That would make more sense.
     
    R

    Randomiser

    New Member
    And we can't form a government in 7 months because of a wazeer bil zayed aw na2is. Our politicians are light years away from the people.
    With or without it is same thing, maybe without better ,these crooks in power don't care about anything except their pockets.
     
    JustLeb

    JustLeb

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ارقام مخيفة عن مؤسسات وشركات تقفل، وعن صرف موظفين وعمال، وحده الضمان الاجتماعي لديه الارقام الدقيقة ويتكتّم عليها.


    تتدحرج احجار دومينو الاقتصاد: شقق لا تباع ولا تؤجّر، مصانع لا تصرّف منتجاتها، اسواق تجارية تحتضر، ولا تنفع في انعاشها حسومات جمعة سوداء ولا حتى سنة سوداء .
    Full Report here: ارقام مخيفة عن مؤسسات وشركات تقفل
    بكرا العهد القوي وجبران بظبطو الوضع...
    ولا يهمك ، حط ايدك بمي باردة
     
    Aoune32!

    Aoune32!

    Well-Known Member
    This is not true. 60% of the university graduates are finding employment but probably most not in their field. The other 40% who are not finding work end up getting out of the country and trying to find work elsewhere.
     
    manifesto

    manifesto

    Well-Known Member
    This is not true. 60% of the university graduates are finding employment but probably most not in their field. The other 40% who are not finding work end up getting out of the country and trying to find work elsewhere.
    Or else why do I get stuck in traffic on my daily commute to work?
    Where are all these people heading in the morning, if not to work?
    Surely not to the shopping mall, if they're as jobless as this report claims.
     
    Aoune32!

    Aoune32!

    Well-Known Member
    Or else why do I get stuck in traffic on my daily commute to work?
    Where are all these people heading in the morning, if not to work?
    Surely not to the shopping mall, if they're as jobless as this report claims.
    The report is bullshit :)
    We always see negative things arise. We have young people who work their asses off in the country. We have approx 300K civil state workers. We have security forces that are half of the 300K so 150K for LAF, ISF, General Security, State Security and Customs.
    The other 150K are in state institutions. We have over 1.2 million people working in Lebanon. So there are at least 900K getting their money from somewhere :) I would say private institutions like universities.
     
    manifesto

    manifesto

    Well-Known Member
    The report is bullshit :)
    We always see negative things arise. We have young people who work their asses off in the country. We have approx 300K civil state workers. We have security forces that are half of the 300K so 150K for LAF, ISF, General Security, State Security and Customs.
    The other 150K are in state institutions. We have over 1.2 million people working in Lebanon. So there are at least 900K getting their money from somewhere :) I would say private institutions like universities.
    Also many newly-employed fresh grads are not enrolled in NSSF.
    Which is illegal but very common, especially for entry level jobs.
     
    Aoune32!

    Aoune32!

    Well-Known Member
    Also many newly-employed fresh grads are not enrolled in NSSF.
    Which is illegal but very common, especially for entry level jobs.
    Bro the country is a mess. :)
    How in the world can one work for example and have no superannuation? What happens to this person when he reaches 60 years old and wants to retire? This country is an insult to all countries which are normal.
     
    Top