Only 36% of Lebanese voters are Christian

gramsci

Legendary Member
in case of division plans in syria , one majority sunni , and one christian alawi derzi , i think theere will be some forn of integration between the two countries , and who knows they may form a one state. Just simple thought ..that way lebanese and syrian christian may form a higher percentage

!Aoune32

It is now time to have decentralisation in Lebanon or some sort of federal state. Christian wise we will be in the best time of our life after the elections. We need to decentralisation and all the MPs and the church need to work to fix the issue. We need projects for the youth to stay in the country, we need work, we need people to come back, we need people to get married and have children. We need the christians to get their head out of their ass and have children. Not one marries at 40, bijib awal walad 45 w ba3dena bine2 lech l christians saro 36-37% of the electorate.

Randomiser

We need the christians to get their head out of their ass and have children. Not one marries at 40, bijib awal walad 45 w ba3dena bine2 lech l christians saro 36-37% of the electorate.

This is a problem for all Lebanese youths, not only Christians. Unless your pappy got alot of money you'll need to wait until +35 to get married.

!Aoune32

This is a problem for all Lebanese youths, not only Christians. Unless your pappy got alot of money you'll need to wait until +35 to get married.

That is not true. Most muslims get married at earlier than 35 years of age. The quality and standard of life is different for the muslims and christians.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
in case of division plans in syria , one majority sunni , and one christian alawi derzi , i think theere will be some forn of integration between the two countries , and who knows they may form a one state. Just simple thought ..that way lebanese and syrian christian may form a higher percentage

I am certain that ethnically and culturally Syrian Sunnis and Lebanese Sunnis cannot live together as one nation united by sect. This is to say that there is no racial or national affinity that unites Syrians and Lebanese due to their sect and there is no way that one can say that Lebanese Sunnis will find themselves one day a nation with the Syrian Sunnis under some nationalist idea called the Sunni nation. This type of backward understanding is a specialty of Christian Lebanese, and only in the form of imitation of the Jews, when the Jews are a nation and the Christians are not.

This kind of backward and delusional thinking i.e. Christian nationalism, can only be institutionalized by religious institutions that make the flock that is made to believe that god has a kingdom in heaven and that the people are uniting their national and political aspirations in this life to realize the cause of unity at the moment of their death as they would join god in his kingdom in heaven.

Syrian Sunnis live on Earth and so do Lebanese Sunnis. On Earth there are dollars. They know that god does not sell electricity, provide water to homes, buys weapons, wages wars or collects garbage.

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
I am certain that ethnically and culturally Syrian Sunnis and Lebanese Sunnis cannot live together as one nation united by sect. This is to say that there is no racial or national affinity that unites Syrians and Lebanese due to their sect and there is no way that one can say that Lebanese Sunnis will find themselves one day a nation with the Syrian Sunnis under some nationalist idea called the Sunni nation. This type of backward understanding is a specialty of Christian Lebanese, and only in the form of imitation of the Jews, when the Jews are a nation and the Christians are not.

This kind of backward and delusional thinking i.e. Christian nationalism, can only be institutionalized by religious institutions that make the flock that is made to believe that god has a kingdom in heaven and that the people are uniting their national and political aspirations in this life to realize the cause of unity at the moment of their death as they would join god in his kingdom in heaven.

Syrian Sunnis live on Earth and so do Lebanese Sunnis. On Earth there are dollars. They know that god does not sell electricity, provide water to homes, buys weapons, wages wars or collects garbage.
What you described is how muslims try to paint christians, not realising they are describing themselves
Facts are: Lebanese sunnis tried to unite with syrian and egyptian sunnites
Lebanese christians kicked christian France out of Lebanon

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What you described is how muslims try to paint christians, not realising they are describing themselves
Facts are: Lebanese sunnis tried to unite with syrian and egyptian sunnites
Lebanese christians kicked christian France out of Lebanon

:lol:

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is now time to have decentralisation in Lebanon or some sort of federal state. Christian wise we will be in the best time of our life after the elections. We need to decentralisation and all the MPs and the church need to work to fix the issue. We need projects for the youth to stay in the country, we need work, we need people to come back, we need people to get married and have children. We need the christians to get their head out of their ass and have children. Not one marries at 40, bijib awal walad 45 w ba3dena bine2 lech l christians saro 36-37% of the electorate.

But I see Christians would essentially lose some territory in the case of division. Baabda would be pretty much Shi'a and also all of East Beirut is pretty much Muslim, including Achrafiyeh.. I believe Beirute in its East and West parts would be Muslim.

I am afraid Christians may need to start looking for cantones inside Lebanon where they constitute a majority so that they may make a claim on the territories they want to make their nation realize the Kingdom of god.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Not only in Australia. The whole world. Those who went out in the 80-90 and after 60% were muslims. 40% christians.
When a christian family goes out the country they mostly take out 2 adults and 1 or 2 children BUT when a muslim family goes out we are talking about 6-7-8 people going out.

No one really knows who lives in Leb and how many. If we have for example 170K voters in Metn that means we have over 400K residents which 90% are christian. This district by itself 3ando 370K christians. The point is ma7ada bya3ref how much live in Lebanon.
The christians needs two things.
1) They need to stop thinking about themselves and get married and have children.
2) Do projects and not only in Beirut and Mount Lebanon. But concentrate kameina on the atraf.

7tarna ya 2ar3a...

You want expat votes and now you got it. You discover Christians outside are not as many as Muslims and now you complain looking for shortcuts to gain advantage. The problem with Lebanese Christians is the lack of a sense of fairness towards their Muslim brothers and sisters. Until the system in Lebanon is fair and just, it will continue to hurt all. That simple. People who are opposed to a secular state with civil laws and marriage always hide behind their fingers and pretend it is Muslims who dont want it. When did you care about what others want or dont want?

My opinion is this. We are all LEBANESE and will remain. Whether the Muslim population grows to 90% or not. We must find ways yo coexist without projecting a disparity and preferential treatment. Let us replace the preferential treatment with a fair and just system.

The system needs change. No one can deny it. Those benefiting and those at disadvantage would agree the Lebanese structure and entire political system needs UPROOTING, not just change. It is time for all lebanese to be equal.

What I think is the solution is not science rocket and you can experience it in many religiously mixed countries. Let us try the presidential system in a secular democracy where religion is personal and not public.

Let us have a president and a vice president. Any lebanese from any community can become president or vice president. But both the president and his vice cannot be from the same religion. You can have an orthodox president and an alawite vice president. In a secular state. Abolish the prime minister post. Its purely presidential system with a cabinet (50/50 Muslim and Christians ministers) appointed by the president and his vice. Likewise, we can have a sectarian senate equally divided along sectarian lines with the senate president and the senate deputy president from different religions. Same with the Parliament. Speaker and deputy from different religions. The parliament will be proportional to reflect the population makeup. Let there be fairness, equity and acceptance. Not division, discrimination and stepping on toes. The system should be changed even if that change means advancement or redesigning it.

Popular (direct) vote for the president and the two houses of senate and house of Parliament. It is time to move ahead and join the world.

We can have civil marriage. If you want to conduct a religious ceremony, it should be a personal choice based on freedom to practice your religion and not based on any legal framework. It is simple worship. Do a civil marriage registration in a state court and then you can proceed to the church or mosque and conduct a prayer and religious ceremony to sanctify the Union in God's eye. That simple.

The solution in Lebanon is a lot simple.it is Lebanese who are complicating their lives and empowering sectarianism, racism, discrimination and destroying the future of their children. Lebanese want and choose to be difficult and make life difficult.

After the election, it is time for the major leaders to work to changing the system. That's the only way we can have a fair system. We can still have a fair system where both religions (Christians and Muslims) are represented and have their image preserved in the state.

Last edited:

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Whats funny

What is funny is how mechanical and irrelevant was your reply to the post I posted. It seems that you did not read the post written by @gramsci , nor my reply to it. You simply reacted like that Pavlov experiment by parroting what you are trained to say in defense of the stimuli induced by uttering the words Christian nationalism. This you do without reading. This is without looking if food was offered when the light went on.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

One minute federation, one minute merging with Syrian Christians...continue with this sectarian retarded christian mentality and in the next 50 years you will end up 5%.

Work for true fairness, justice, proportionality, equity and you will become true partners and nationalists.

The quest to dominate will fail you. Gebran should know that too.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
7tarna ya 2ar3a...

You want expat votes and now you got it. You discover Christians outside are not as many as Muslims and now you complain looking for shortcuts to gain advantage. The problem with Lebanese Christians is the lack of a sense of fairness towards their Muslim brothers and sisters. Until the system in Lebanon is fair and just, it will continue to hurt all. That simple. People who are opposed to a secular state with civil laws and marriage always hide behind their fingers and pretend it is Muslims who dont want it. When did you care about what others want or dont want?

My opinion is this. We are all LEBANESE and will remain. Whether the Muslim population grows to 90% or not. We must find ways yo coexist without projecting a disparity and preferential treatment. Let us replace the preferential treatment with a fair and just system.

The system needs change. No one can deny it. Those benefiting and those at disadvantage would agree the Lebanese structure and entire political system needs UPROOTING, not just change. It is time for all lebanese to be equal.

What I think is the solution is not science rocket and you can experience it in many religiously mixed countries. Let us try the presidential system in a secular democracy where religion is personal and not public.

Let us have a president and a vice president. Any lebanese from any community can become president or vice president. But both the president and his vice cannot be from the same religion. You can have an orthodox president and an alawite vice president. In a secular state. Abolish the prime minister post. Its purely presidential system with a cabinet (50/50 Muslim and Christians ministers) appointed by the president and his vice. Likewise, we can have a sectarian senate equally divided along sectarian lines with the senate president and the senate deputy president from different religions. Same with the Parliament. Speaker and deputy from different religions. The parliament will be proportional to reflect the population makeup. Let there be fairness, equity and acceptance. Not division, discrimination and stepping on toes. The system should be changed even if that change means advancement or redesigning it.

Popular (direct) vote for the president and the house of senate and house Parliament. It is time to move ahead and join the world.

We can have civil marriage. If you want to conduct a religious ceremony, it should be a personal choice based on freedom to practice your religion and not based on any legal framework. It is simple worship. Do a civil marriage registration in a state court and then you can proceed to the church or mosque and conduct a prayer and religious ceremony to sanctify the Union in God's eye. That simple.

The solution in Lebanon is a lot simple.it is Lebanese who are complicating their lives and empowering sectarianism, racism, discrimination and destroying the future of their children. Lebanese want and choose to be difficult and make life difficult.

After the election, it is time for the major leaders to work to changing the system. That's the only way we can have a fair system. We can still have a fair system where both religions (Christians and Muslims) are represented and have their image preserved in the state.

Certainly advocating for the National Pact political policy at one hand as evidenced in the alliance between Hezbollah and the Free Patriotic Movement combined with this post on the other hand makes me confused about what is it exactly you support when you promote Hezbollah.

The whole political policy of Hezbollah and the Free Patriotic Movements is to sustain the National Pact. This is political sectarianism. Not only that Hezbollah is the main obstacle to the liberation of the Shi'a from the sectarian jail they live in in Lebanon, but also they are playing the role of the Hamman the minister of Pharaon. I doubt that either Hamman or Pharaon made it across the sea when the oppressed were liberated.

Make up your mind. Are you an Egyptian or an Israelite.

Last edited:

Randomiser

Are you talking about the New MiddleEast's "Greater Lebanon"? current Lebanon + Tartus + Latakia so Bashar Al Assad would technically become a Lebanese citizen :D

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
If the constitution will protect my right as a citizen and the state is providing me all the services they should provide, I wouldn't care less if the President/PM/Ministers/MPs were christian or muslim or jew or atheist or hindu as their private beliefs.
And the only way a state can treat all its citizens equally and provide the same rights is if it is a secular state.

All this talk about numbers and percentages are just pure greed. Basically christians are saying "we're 30-40% of the population, however, we want 50% of the power". Guess what, you won't have it... eventually. The same urge for power/balance is shared among muslims aswell, they would say "we're 60-70% of the population and we want 60-70% of the power" eventually, would you blame them?

I wouldn't blame either part, everyone is trying to gain more powers to its own sect, kind of expected. However, you will all lose in this.

I just don't get why christians push for more secterianism when its obviously a lost battle. A winning battle that would protect them is a secular state, and most importantly rectifying the education system in Lebanon and reducing the religious parties grip over schools since from there comes most secterianism and brainwashing.

PS: in a secterian system, why don't atheists claim and ask for their fair representation? and since numbers don't matter we want 33% of the power!
it would look nice:
33% muslims
33% christians
33% atheists

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Certainly advocating for the National Pact political policy at one hand as evidenced in the alliance between Hezbollah and the Free Patriotic Movement combined with this post on the other hand makes me confused about what is it exactly you support when you promote Hezbollah.

The whole political policy of Hezbollah and the Free Patriotic Movements is to sustain the National Pact. This is political sectarianism. Not only that Hezbollah is the main obstacle to the liberation of the Shi'a from the sectarian jail they live in in Lebanon, but also they are playing the role of the Hamman the minister of Pharaon. I doubt that either Hamman or Pharaon made it across the sea when the oppressed were liberated.

Make up your mind. Are you an Egyptian or an Israelite.

When it comes to hezballah, I support them 100% as a resistance movement. I support the resistance, armed rsisstance against the Israeli occupation and the takfiri threat from within and without. The support I give to hezballah is not because they are a political party or because I share their political goals as a lebanese individual. Lebanon needs a Lebanese system where everyone, regardless of their religious affiliation is first and foremost a citizen. In a mixed country, the islam I follow does not tell me to lord my identity on others. It is when others try to force their image on me as a Lebanese that I feel threatened.

The problem is that the resistance has been politicized and counter politicized by both sides. The resistance represented by hezballah should be protected and preserved to serve the existence of the entire country. This is a force and power that is a treasure in the hands of all Lebanon. It must be protected and preserved. It should not be politicized. In a secular state, with the right defense strategy, the politicization of the resistance must stop. It must end. Those opposed to the resistance are using their position to trade for money and recognition from foreign patrons and to incite sectarian feelings of their supporters. It is business. Hezballah doesn't need members in Parliament or ministers if its weapons and its existence are upheld by the state as a necessity to protect Lebanon. You can call it a paramilitary group under state recognition, protection and patronage to counter the Israeli threat.

There must be lebanese consensus to protect the resistance as a necessity to protect Lebanon. Stop politicizing the resistance and it will have no need to seek legitimization through politics and elections. If the state can protect the resistance, then the resistance will not need my vote to protect it through political partisanship. And I will not either see need to vote for Hezbollah. Let any individual or party try to contest against amal/hezballah and SHN will come on TV to remind the shia constituency not to betray the resistance. And I dont blame him. He needs my vote and I will give him because I need that resistance down south to protect my village and existence.

Last edited:

Randomiser

7tarna ya 2ar3a...

Popular (direct) vote for the president and the two houses of senate and house of Parliament. It is time to move ahead and join the world.

But but... shiekhs and priests need to make money to live...