Only 36% of Lebanese voters are Christian

Mockinggbird

Min Wayne Hyda Jayabha: in nabatiyeh for example you can get killed if you sell almaza Can you back up this Statement ? Ya Birdy
Last year
They threatened restaurants in sour and supermarkets in nabatiyeh for selling alcohol
You go and check ya frosty

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Man no one knows anything. :)
All I can say is if Metn has 750K population, Keserwen-Jbeil 250K people. That is 1 million people and at least 90% christian.
Matn District - Wikipedia
No one really knows the population of the country nor the demographics.

Not true. We know the number of voters in each district and which sect they belong to.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
Not true. We know the number of voters in each district and which sect they belong to.

It doesn't mean anything :)
Alot of people are outside the country. We have never had a census. There could be 3 million Lebanese residing and no one knows. There could be 6 million Lebanese.
ma kel sect bi2elak ne7na aktar. l shia bi2elak ne7na 1.5 million and 40% of the pop. The voters list shows sunnis aktar. sunnis bi2elak ne7na all major cities, beirut saida tripoli. christians bi2oloulak mount lebanon 2.5 million and 70% christian mount lebanon. 7ella iza fik?
Read up on the internet each area and its population you see the christians still have a large presence and especially in the mount lebanon area. The 'atraf' areas also boast a large minority of christians baalbeck ,tripoli, akkark, bint jbeil etc.
These areas never ever had a christian majority aslan.... henne majority muslims areas that were connected to make greater lebanon.

i tend to believe that the actual % of people voting is the actual % of the people residing in those areas. ya3ne when sour gets 44% participation rate and SHN bya3tiyoun teklif char3e i simply can't believe that 56% don't follow him. maybe 5-10% bas not the majority. i believe that the stats are wrong and no one really wants to know nor admin the truth.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
@manifesto these are the stats for mount lebanon governate.

Total 1,958 km2 (756 sq mi)Population (2015) • Total 2,543,578 • Density 1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi)

There is no other province in Lebanon li 3ando that much population density. There are 1300 people every km2 fe 1958 km2 you get 2.5 million people which in the WIKI says 65% are christian.
Mount Lebanon Governorate - Wikipedia
chou houwe l right, maba3ref???

Frostbite

Last year
They threatened restaurants in sour and supermarkets in nabatiyeh for selling alcohol
You go and check ya frosty

Sabahoo First :)
Wallah I know They Tried. You still can get what ever you want there and some Towns around Nabatieh have everything that you dream of or that you enjoy. Remember you are in Lebanon EVERYTHING is Possible. It is Not a Bottle Of Wiskey Or an Almza Beer that caused our civil war. we caused that war.

Death To Google

There is no demographic threat to Lebanese Christians by none Christians. Only politicians promote this idea if they have nothing better to attract supporters. Refugees is another matter entirely.

Death To Google

Sabahoo First :)
Wallah I know They Tried. You still can get what ever you want there and some Towns around Nabatieh have everything that you dream of or that you enjoy. Remember you are in Lebanon EVERYTHING is Possible. It is Not a Bottle Of Wiskey Or an Almza Beer that caused our civil war. we caused that war.

True. Am all for pressuring conservative parties to regions where social pressure is used to enforce a culture. Same as when social pressure is used to silence black sheep voices in the Christian community.

The south is a different story than all the rest of Lebanon. It is literally a front line and the ideology of the fighters there allow them carry this burdensome mission. Because of this, being able to obtain some alcohol on the downlow is more than sufficient. The dominant culture should remain karbala2i. Lebanese is diverse so we can use this diversity to advantage of the country.

It is Muslims inhabitants who protest the most against this stuff in their own areas. There are others who do for ulterior motives - not to have an almaza in Nabatieh but make a point that 'Christians are soooo different', or are autopilot reactions due to irrational fear and conditioning.

Achilles

View attachment 9891
I've always wondered about this map from the 1980s which showed Christians as only 25%.

What happened to change this or was this estimate inaccurate even for the time?

It depends how you count... most census in the world takes into consideration people who lives for a long time in a place, what we call Long term residents. When we say Muslims are 8-10% of the population of France Thant doesn’t mean they all have the french citizenship (yet.)

- In Lebanon 36% of the voters are Christians. This number takes into consideration voters living in Lebanon and abroad.

- but if you add people who do not vote 0-21 Y.O (who are mostly Muslims) you will probably get something like a total 32-33% Lebanese Christians. This number is the percentage of Christians among people having a Lebanese citizenship.

- if u add the 0.6 million Palestinians who are long term residents if not permanent residents (let’s not fool ourselves) Christians will drop under 30%.

- if u add the 1.5 million Syrian refugees and the other foreigners here, Lebanese Christians are probably less than 20% of the overall people living in Lebanon.

A few years ago Hassan Nasrallah said that Christians are only 17% of the population. Some people got mad at this, while in fact it might not be very far from the truth. Plus I don’t know why a guy who’s well known to deal with accurate data will just throw a number from nowhere

Achilles

When we say that the population of Lebanon is 4.5 million we are talking only about Lebanese. No Country in the world do this.

We need to add to this the 1.5/1.75 million Syrian who’ve been living here for close to a decade now; in all areas of Lebanon including what we still call Christians areas. If we add the 0.6 million Palestinians and the 0.3/0.5 foreigners (mostly Sudanese, Egyptians, Iraqis, Asians etc.) you get close or even more than 7 million people long term resident in Lebanon.

So it’s easy to figure out how the 1.5 million Lebanese Christians makes only 20% of the people living in Lebanon.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
I wouldn't say a US plan, more of a liberal left-leaning plan.

Kameina could be. They give you figures so low so one gets scared and moves out. There is a large number of christians that remain in the country. We need to revoke the 1994 law immediately and get the refugees off our land.

Ice Tea

I'll always say that this country was born already doomed. Since the time when the Maronite patriarch baggged the French to incorporate Bekaa, South and Tripoli/Akkar into 'Greater Lebanon', even with the French themselves highly advicing against.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much hope left for the original Lebanese people and are indeed set to become the next Assyrians of Iraq, or the next Syriacs of Syria, or Copts of Egypt etc displaced and theathend in their own homelands.

The only solution would indeed be cantonization/federalization, so eventually Christians would be able to seced. But like some said Hezbollah runs the country, and they are too greedy, their ultimate goal is to turn the whole country into a Islamic republic, as can be seen in their original manifesto.

"We're the same" , " secularism" smh that's the problem with Christians, most don't understand the gravity of the situation.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'll always say that this country was born already doomed. Since the time when the Maronite patriarch baggged the French to incorporate Bekaa, South and Tripoli/Akkar into 'Greater Lebanon', even with the French themselves highly advicing against.

Unfortunately I don't think there's much hope left for the original Lebanese people and are indeed set to become the next Assyrians of Iraq, or the next Syriacs of Syria, or Copts of Egypt etc displaced and theathend in their own homelands.

The only solution would indeed be cantonization/federalization, so eventually Christians would be able to seced. But like some said Hezbollah runs the country, and they are too greedy, their ultimate goal is to turn the whole country into a Islamic republic, as can be seen in their original manifesto.

"We're the same" , " secularism" smh that's the problem with Christians, most don't understand the gravity of the situation.

If history proves anything it's that Maronites are the ones who persecuted and massacred Muslims and not vice versa. Stop crying victim for the sake of the nonexistent God. Neither Shiites nor did most Sunnis threaten Christians in Lebanon. Your problem has always been with the Druze.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
If history proves anything it's that Maronites are the ones who persecuted and massacred Muslims and not vice versa. Stop crying victim for the sake of the nonexistent God. Neither Shiites nor did most Sunnis threaten Christians in Lebanon. Your problem has always been with the Druze.
Does ur history books suddenly stop at sabra chetila? Lebanese massacres history goes back at least a couple centuries, u should buy some new books :)

flag-waver

Legendary Member

I suggest you stop this rhetoric. :)
If there were no christians in this country it would be another Yemen.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
We are currently 1.8/5 million :)
Take out ALL the foreigners, revoke the 94 law which has a drastic impact on demographics in zahle, baabda, akkar and elsewhere w ba3dena have decentralisation.
Provinces
Keserwen-Jbeil
Metn-Baabda
Chouf-Aley
Batroun-Bcharre-Koura-Zgharta
Beirut I
Jezzine-Saida
Zahle-West Bekaa

etc etc

The birth rates of muslims are only slightly higher than christians. Also, majority of the expat muslims have registered whilst christians have not. I have a family friend houne who was born in Leb she only registered her children this year. There are alot of people who have not registered their families and that is also a problem. The church needs to stop being selfish and actually work for the christian population. This is drastic times. We need the church to help families with school fees and build on land that is the churches. The housing built on the land can be sold cheaply to christian families.

I know of a project that the church was handling in hadath as my wife mn hounike. the church built apartments in a mostly shia neighbourhood and then when a christian family went to buy the apartment the priest 2alo chou badak mn hounike?? hayde majority from a dif sect. fa 2alo l zalame tayeb la chou ento built lakeina b manate2 mch la2elna ta2afeyan??

ma kan 3ando jawab...

Ice Tea

Yeah right, cause a people who were treated as dhimmi for much of their history would even have the power to persecute someone.

And the Christian identity is much more than religion, it's also an ethnic and cultural one. With that being said, I don't believe in God. Also the feud with Druze is long over and it was always fueled by foreign agents, both communities are actually close to each other. Both communities understand what's their place under Islamic rule and who's the real threat.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I suggest you stop this rhetoric. :)
If there were no christians in this country it would be another Yemen.

Fashart! If there were no Muslims, Lebanon would have been another Rwanda...bteklo ba3d like the hutus and tutsis who are both Christians. Troublemaking and fighting and hatred and bloodshed are in the blood for lebanese in general. The sectarian scarecrow is just what it is: a scarecrow. Look at the civil war and see how Lebanese Christians fought and killed themselves. More than muslims fought you. And you are still capable of repeating that among yourselves.

Last edited: