• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Open letter to 7irak...

How do you assess 7irak present performance?

• Good

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Disappointing

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

Viral

1593892579738.png
ستريدا جعجع في عشاء معراب مع السفراء العرب ثياب ومجوهرات فاخرة ومظاهر ثراء

. الثوار :
عميتعشى الوزير مع الوفد العراقي والناس جوعانين!!!

#ثورة_الحمير_الحمر

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
View attachment 19945
ستريدا جعجع في عشاء معراب مع السفراء العرب ثياب ومجوهرات فاخرة ومظاهر ثراء

. الثوار :
عميتعشى الوزير مع الوفد العراقي والناس جوعانين!!!

#ثورة_الحمير_الحمر
Be3a samir lal el wafd el sou3oudeh walla ba3ed

Viral

هيدا لبنان لي بدو ياه الرئيس ويلي نحنا منحبوا، مش لبنان لي عم بفرجونا ياه من ١٧ تشرين

Viral

Despite all the mistakes of this revolution, if this revolution fails, this country is DEFINITELY DOOMED.
You don't win, i don't win, no one will win.

This is a one-in-a-decade (if not century) opportunity for us to make a real change. Our system is rotten, and we are bankrupt.. and we don't know how to get out of it.

If this revolution fails, we will NEVER be out of this vicious circle, and we will literally fail as a state.

So my advice, do not celebrate if this revolution fails.
What a difference six months can make...

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
What a difference six months can make...

yep... and sure enough, the Revolution has regrettably failed, and we seem to be doomed if i am not mistaken!!

Here is another quote from back then... my concern was very valid!
absolutely... i hope this pressure increases, and does not stop until real change and reform are in place.. my concern and frustration is not in what current politicians think or feel, it is more about the revolution losing its compass. I hope they keep the pressure on EVERYONE until real change is made.. not just taking out one or two leaders and keeping the others.

Viral

the Revolution has regrettably failed,

1 - At what point did you realize the revolution had failed?
2 - Did it have a real chance to succeed? If so where did it go wrong?

My answer to the first question, I saw it failed about the same time I started this thread and it was painful for me to admit it although some thought I was happy celebrating its failure.
As far as the second question, I'll discuss it subsequently. But I can say based on historic facts, its chances were very slim because spontaneous movements with poor planning and no leadership almost never succeed. They fall prey in an ocean of sharks.

Wolf

lak aya 7irak you are talking about. ibn beirut cannot stand ibn jbeil
wo ibn jbeil cannot stand ibn trabloss wo ibn trabloss cannot stand ibn saida wo ibn saida cannot stand ibn el koura and etc...
all these fazlaket is nothing but wasting time. you need a nucleus made of men with power that truly beleive in an entity called lebanon as a country.
all i see is bunch of wankers that do not give a hoot about anything but their pockets.

lak on this forum, how many times you have seen the following statement "we are protecting the sunnis areas" "we are protecting the shias areas"
"we are protecting the christian presence"
I left Lebanon 27 years ago and the sectarian issue was not as prominent as it is today. all i see today on the lebanese news is a Khoury calling for this , a sheikh calling for that , lak until now, you have to marry outside lebanon if you are marrying someone is not from your religion.
it is a shame.

Viral

Isn’t funny how the term “technocrat” that many parroted relentlessly to bring down Hariri’s government back then is no long in style..

Back when the government was really scared and offered to seriously undergo reform including electricity with self imposed and verifiable timetables and deadlines, the so called 7irak was too horny to even listen. “Killon Ya3ni Killon” and “Why didn’t they do it before?” Such naïve arguments… We know why they didn’t do it before; as long as they are ready to do it now, why fire those who broke it in first place instead of holding them at gun point and making them fix what they broke since they know it well? All we had to do identify the clean elements in the government including the President and giving them full support to expose and keep the pressure on the mafias.

Instead, our 7irak useful idiots were attacking their best friend the President himself not knowing they were doing the crooks a favor. They gave the banks good reason to close down and smuggle their hard currency outside the country and blocked the doors in face of tourism and those expatriates who were in the process of moving back to Lebanon and bringing their wealth with them.

Think of this: Berri fired Diab overnight just for considering early parliamentary elections that would have potentially cost him his job. This is the type of mafia that our 7irak kids thought they can bring down. Unfortunately many here believed it as well.

Going back from the beginning of this thread until today, like always, we can identify the good, the bad and the ugly with sinister intentions. The bad can learn from experience and become good but the ugly trolls are what they are.

Having said that, as a contrarian, I was pessimistic when many others were not but today I am very hopeful that slowly but surely Lebanon started undergoing reform. Not because of our incompetent 7irak but because the International community decided they want to do business in Lebanon in rebuilding/building its infrastructure including Beirut reconstruction and oil exploration and they cannot make deals with unreliable tribal mafias. Lebanon’s capable politicians with clean track records like those who opened their finances voluntarily will shine because nothing goes unnoticed. It’s a matter of a short time and those who can sustain the present pain will eventually thrive.

Mark my words; this will be Berri’s last term. If Hariri comes back it will be short lived and end of his career as a sucker politician. Nothing can stop Diab from coming back in the future when the mafias star winding down.

Many good hints thought this:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
1 - At what point did you realize the revolution had failed?
2 - Did it have a real chance to succeed? If so where did it go wrong?

My answer to the first question, I saw it failed about the same time I started this thread and it was painful for me to admit it although some thought I was happy celebrating its failure.
As far as the second question, I'll discuss it subsequently. But I can say based on historic facts, its chances were very slim because spontaneous movements with poor planning and no leadership almost never succeed. They fall prey in an ocean of sharks.

You ask two interesting questions.

For 1, my guess it happened two three days after it started. Someone screamed out his innermost radioactivity against I think Nasrullah, or maybe Berri. For some people in the crowds who had developed strong allergy against this specific poison, the chemical war against them was started. So they disengaged and ran to the deep ditch side. There they quickly rearranged into own crowds, now throwing stones at the initial crowds.

For 2, the revolution had only one cause and one chance to succeed, but a thousand and one reason to fail. Collective self preservation was wiped out in a blink by someone with own beloved leader who cursed someone else's beloved leader. Plus having regular idiots the sort you find everywhere you go; plus and / or jawasis madsouseh and / or jawamis maflouteh plus beloved leaders whose overvalued existence by their loving sheep in relation to their factual worthlessness is 1/infinity.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
yep... and sure enough, the Revolution has regrettably failed, and we seem to be doomed if i am not mistaken!!

Here is another quote from back then... my concern was very valid!

Change does not come in 2 months, people have to live misery for a long time before they feel the sting and decided to change, and even then it does not mean they will revolt. You have tons of examples of dictators sitting there for decades and nothing change.
In Lebanon people had maids six months ago, these people were not miserable, now it is it worse a little but nothing major, their beirut restaurants blew up, they can't go dine out... Of course some people lost their luxurious homes_ they had luxurious homes_ they are still not living in favelas! some went to live in their second home!