• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Opera

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Vittorio Grigolo: 'Opera is just like boxing or Formula 1. It's dangerous"

Last year, Vittorio Grigolo gave the Royal Opera one of the most dazzling debuts it has ever seen. The tenor that Italy calls the 'little Pavarotti' is no stranger to performing under pressure: his career has taken him from the papal choir to duets with the *****cat Dolls

Last year at the Royal Opera, audiences expecting to be seduced by the soprano Anna Netrebko as the gold-digging courtesan in Massenet's Manon received a shock. Netrebko has always dazzled and sizzled, but the show was virtually stolen from her by the Italian tenor who played her alternately infatuated and outraged lover. Vittorio Grigolo, 33 at the time, sang with thrilling, open-throated ardour and acted with a reckless impetuosity that was irresistible. His curtain calls sounded like feeding time at the zoo; it was the most unexpectedly exciting Covent Garden debut anyone could remember.

More...

[VBTUBE]MdeN9hEa7Ms[/VBTUBE]

• Advertisement
  • kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    Huge Fan of Bizet.. 2 different versions of the Habanera

[VBTUBE]whyexXZFqh4[/VBTUBE]​

[VBTUBE]8w9yJdkeryI[/VBTUBE]​

ecce homo

ecce homo

a very modern touch...
    [VBTUBE]FPcrqkViZKw[/VBTUBE]

S

Salome

Do you also go to the opera house?

I love the idea of visiting the famous opera houses, it also gives you the chance to wear a beautiful (ball style) dress ;D

Any tipps on how to motivate the better half to join for the opera night, especially if it's about Wagner?

ecce homo

ecce homo

Do you also go to the opera house?

I love the idea of visiting the famous opera houses, it also gives you the chance to wear a beautiful (ball style) dress ;D

Any tipps on how to motivate the better half to join for the opera night, especially if it's about Wagner?
    yes, of course Salome... going to the Opera is a treat. About the dress I don't know, it's modern days now, you can dress up if you like but it's not necessary. If you go to a premiere, then yes dressing up is almost a must.

About taking your better half to Opera, I don’t know if I would start with Wagner and especially not Parsifal. It depends if he has listened to the Opera before or not. I would start with something else like Carmen, Cavaliera Rusticana, Pagliacci, Tosca, Mozart Don Giovanni. If you best half is not a real Opera fan I will start with this kind of Opera and wait for Wagner till later. But if you have the opportunity to watch a Wagner Opera don’t miss it. It’s not a weekly show.

I was invited a couple of years ago to watch the general repetition of all the Operas from the Der Ring Des Nibelungen, went there alone, wouldn’t miss it…

ecce homo

ecce homo

Cavaliera Rusticana
    [VBTUBE]A30c0ir3tAg[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]fVe-5ZKGW4o[/VBTUBE]

ecce homo

ecce homo

"L'elisir D'amore" by Gaetano Donizetti
    [VBTUBE]cExgrwG0fhc[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]LGy_w6hCL7E[/VBTUBE]