• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Opera

• Advertisement
  • ecce homo

ecce homo

Two version of "Mild und leise wie er lächelt" Wagner: Tristan und Isolde

[VBTUBE]RLoHcB8A63M[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]cEVk4AJgdso[/VBTUBE]

ecce homo

ecce homo

[VBTUBE]Dp1K-kzCCrw[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]Om58sUyCmH4[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]dXqYrbCSG6g[/VBTUBE]

ecce homo

ecce homo

Shostakovich - Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk District

[VBTUBE]U-GmQvUVmio[/VBTUBE]

Expressionism?

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    Do you also go to the opera house?

I love the idea of visiting the famous opera houses, it also gives you the chance to wear a beautiful (ball style) dress ;D

Any tipps on how to motivate the better half to join for the opera night, especially if it's about Wagner?
    You mean dressing up in something formal/classic. Wear a black/red dress and put your hair up :D

Look what we have coming up ;)

http://www.opera-australia.org.au/whatson/opera_on_sydney_harbour

Bizet - Carmen

[VBTUBE]8w9yJdkeryI&sns=em[/VBTUBE]

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    Huge Fan of Bizet.. 2 different versions of the Habanera

[VBTUBE]whyexXZFqh4[/VBTUBE]​

[VBTUBE]8w9yJdkeryI[/VBTUBE]​
    I just noticed that after posting.. Have you seen it live?

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you also go to the opera house?

I love the idea of visiting the famous opera houses, it also gives you the chance to wear a beautiful (ball style) dress ;D

Any tipps on how to motivate the better half to join for the opera night, especially if it's about Wagner?
    its easy, a trade off: Go with him to a UEFA champions league game for example :)

S

Salome

You mean dressing up in something formal/classic. Wear a black/red dress and put your hair up :D

Look what we have coming up ;)

http://www.opera-australia.org.au/whatson/opera_on_sydney_harbour

Bizet - Carmen

[VBTUBE]8w9yJdkeryI&sns=em[/VBTUBE]
    nice, of course easier to digest than Wagner

I know a dress I wear on receptions would do, but I would love to go to the opera once in something more romantic and ball like...I wore on a ball a similar dress like these:

dress1 and dress2...but for such dresses I rarely have an ocassion

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    nice, of course easier to digest than Wagner

I know a dress I wear on receptions would do, but I would love to go to the opera once in something more romantic and ball like...I wore on a ball a similar dress like these:

dress1 and dress2...but for such dresses I rarely have an ocassion
    Too dressy! No one wears that stuff to the Opera anymore. This is very similar to the dress I wore last time I went.

ecco's gonna kill us :biggrin: Open a thread that Says 'what would you wear?' :p

S

Salome

Too dressy! No one wears that stuff to the Opera anymore. This is very similar to the dress I wore last time I went.

ecco's gonna kill us :biggrin: Open a thread that Says 'what would you wear?' :p
    proper opera outfit must be on topic in a thread about opera:D

the dress you posted is quite formal except the booby popping part lol that's not so conservative:p
    I am always wearing the lil black dress, once I would want something more romantic, at least it should be long and a bit princess like:D
    If not to the opera well then have to visit one of the balls, from January it's ball season!!

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    proper opera outfit must be on topic in a thread about opera:D

the dress you posted is quite formal except the booby popping part lol that's not so conservative:p
    I am always wearing the lil black dress, once I would want something more romantic, at least it should be long and a bit princess like:D
    If not to the opera well then have to visit one of the balls, from January it's ball season!!
    I said it's similar not the same. Mine's better :p Salome! No ball gowns to the opera! lol Yes, you'd have to visit a ball or a wedding or get married to wear that :p

S

Salome

I said it's similar not the same. Mine's better :p Salome! No ball gowns to the opera! lol Yes, you'd have to visit a ball or a wedding or get married to wear that :p
    even for weddings we don't wear ball gowns, that would overdo the bride I guess:D...on mine I wore a short dress lol not traditional one

ecce homo

ecce homo

A very different Opera written by Carl Orff, famously known for Carmina Burana. This is "Temporum di fine comoedia". This is the recording done by Karajan (same cast as for the premiere in Salzburg in 1973).

You need to be in certain mood to listen to this:

[VBTUBE]5zHQD9hkv0Q[/VBTUBE]

L

Last Knight

Orange Room Supporter
    [vbtube]ZRuYQ9KRJms[/vbtube]

and here's another version by the one and only

[vbtube]s6bSrGbak1g[/vbtube]

ecce homo

ecce homo

Shostakovich 14th Symphony/Opera or Song cycle Op. 135.

Very strong, dark and powerful about death.

[VBTUBE]D4de2rKHV38[/VBTUBE]

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    [VBTUBE]2bosouX_d8Y[/VBTUBE]