Announcements Orange Room Elections update

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Let the guys choose whoever has time, can do it and apply the rules fairly. It doesn’t matter what political affiliation they have.
And let’s please not start bagging about elections dates. It happens when it happens, what’s more important is to go back to a platform we enjoy.
Despite my scorched earth approach in this thread I do agree with this post. And I would also add that elections were cancelled for a reason and mods were liking posts calling them a privilege so they need to hold their ground as custodians.

• Advertisement
  • agnostic

agnostic

Legendary Member
    I have a suggestion to push immature members for getting responsibilities.

People who make any breaking of forum rules have to send PM or post message where they won't repeat the violation they did, and that if this vow is not respected they accept the ban, that should be fixed following the seriousness of the grief.
    So what I am suggesting :
    1. warning about the infraction
    if it doesn't work
    2. commitment to not repeat otherwise a ban proportional to the infraction
    if it still doesn't work
    3. ban proportional to the infraction

It takes some energy at the beginning. But moderators will be later enjoy not have keep always battling to impose the respect of forum rules

NiceV

NiceV

After the 1958
    Revolution or civil war in Lebanon
    A government of 4 was formed by President Chehab
    Pierre Gemayel
    Raymond Edde
    Rachid Karame
    Hussein al aoyni
    It was the most productive in Lebanon 🇱🇧 History
    Producing all the institutions that are still functioning today
    We need a giant step like that
    Bring representatives who are talented to be moderators
    Pierre Gemayel was with Edde and Karame
    All hated each other and confronted each other
    But they behave and produce in the new government under the big Penguin 🐧 Chehab
    Be the new President Penguin 🐧 Jo like Chehab

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Hello Guys,

In the past 2 weeks, the Orange Room was witnessing its yearly elections.

This year, we received very good participation with some members having a genuine aim towards making this second home for many, a better place and I really appreciated that.

However, with the increased activity and tension, some members felt threatened personally, others were excessively trolled and the overall mood on the forum became toxic with a lot of hate messages being posted.
    The above lead to 3 candidates out of the final 6 withdrawing from the Elections.

The purpose of the election was for members to feel involved, empowered and to make sure the discussions are moderated independently of political affiliation.
    But now, due to strong polarization and strong feelings among members, the democratic process took a hit and i feel that my personal involvement in the general moderation of the forum is necessary again.

That being said, this year, I will be choosing the 4 moderators myself - with the help of the Super Moderators. The 4 chosen moderators will need to be unbiased, have different political opinions and mature enough to accept the other side.
    We will also push the new moderators in forcing the rules more, especially rules related to personal sugar-coated insults, trolling and hate speech.

This is not the outcome we were hoping for. We are hoping to go back to holding fair elections in the near future.

Thank you for the candidates who wanted to help and for the users/readers who still believe in this platform.
    Joe
    @Jo - one man electoral college.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    No need for that language
    The guy gave you a comment that criticizes your postion from a political perspective
    No need for the personal insults
    See that's exactly what we suffer from on this forum
    Personal attacks against our political stances

A bit of self control please
    Because this constant baiting will make people to reply to you in the same manner
    Thus contradicting everything you 2 just said in your last posts.
    To be clear and transparent i really dont give a flying flamingo what happens to this forum. I stopped caring a long time ago.

However, to compare and equate banter and mockery to the things that have been allowed on this forum is petty and highly misleading.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    To be clear and transparent i really dont give a flying flamingo what happens to this forum. I stopped caring a long time ago.

However, to compare and equate banter and mockery to the things that have been allowed on this forum is petty and highly misleading.
    one thing leads to another
    you dropped a comment about his mental capabilities

what do you expect people's usual reply to that ?

LVV has his own style while typing, i find it hilarious and i enjoy it, you don't
    The forum has an ignore function, just use it..

agnostic

agnostic

Legendary Member
    This user [@LVV or another character of his previous lives] btw once said that I should be raped and tortured in Gunantanmo
    I know someone who would sacrifice himself for you. Just joking.

agnostic

agnostic

Legendary Member
    Meanwhile Beirut airport is sorrowfully empty while it is a Friday evening...

Roads are almost empty and the fuel is running short in gas stations.

IMG-20191129-WA0006.jpeg IMG-20191129-WA0008.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
    Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    60 members voted or where on the point of voting 🗳 for Crusaders candidates in round 2 from 50 in Round 1
    If these votes are not taken into account
    A lot of members are telling me they are freezing or closing their accounts
    Already election canceled
    I m a peacemaker but there should be a minimum fairness here
    Wa khaye a little understanding
    Please tell your friends that they shouldn’t feel entitled to anything... be they crusaders or FPMers or independents Or whatever political/socio-religious group they identify with... this is a free platform, they are not paying to be on it, they can follow whatever the owners/administrators decide, and can give their opinions freely, but should not expect to get what they want simply because they are here and participating... that’s my view at least

NiceV

NiceV

Please tell your friends that they shouldn’t feel entitled to anything... be they crusaders or FPMers or independents Or whatever political/socio-religious group they identify with... this is a free platform, they are not paying to be on it, they can follow whatever the owners/administrators decide, and can give their opinions freely, but should not expect to get what they want simply because they are here and participating... that’s my view at least
    Your anti Crusader opinion we know it
    I can’t control my friends
    Okay nobody is in the mood of new games and bias
    Welcome the new moderator
    new mod
    The Shovel
    NI vue ni connue

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I think you can't stand crusader mods
    and willing to drop democracy just to make sure the correct people get to power
    Similar to what's going on in FPM since 2015 or maybe since forever.

and that's my view...

NiceV

NiceV

and that's my view...
    That’s why our country today in deep shit

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

and that's my view...
    Your anti Crusader opinion we know it
    I can’t control my friends
    Okay nobody is in the mood of new games and bias
    Welcome the new moderator
    new mod
    The Shovel
    NI vue ni connue
    right so this is the type of thing that makes a normal conversation toxic.
    Both of you are throwing silly accusations at me and pushing an agenda which frankly I don’t care about...! Ya3ne if you believe having a mod be a “crusader” or any other affiliation will change anything in my life, the forum, the country or the world, Get over yourselves.

I really don’t care who @Jo picks... but neither you not I nor anyone else is entitled to anything.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one is asking for any privileges. We're all here because we appreciate the freedom of speech that this platform provides.
    But when the forum's admins ask members to participate in a month-long election, they owe it to the users to commit to the process, unless they think their time and efforts account for nothing.

In real life, elections don't get annulled because voters misbehaved or candidates withdrew.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one is asking for any privileges. We're all here because we appreciate the freedom of speech that this platform provides.
    But when the forum's admins ask members to participate in a month-long election, they owe it to the users to commit to the process, unless they think their time and efforts account for nothing.

In real life, elections don't get annulled because voters misbehaved or candidates withdrew.
    This is not a government platform A4J, the owners don’t charge you for being here, you didn’t sign a contract with them, they owe you nothing. They can take down the site tomorrow...