Announcements Orange Room Elections update

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
right so this is the type of thing that makes a normal conversation toxic.
Both of you are throwing silly accusations at me and pushing an agenda which frankly I don’t care about...! Ya3ne if you believe having a mod be a “crusader” or any other affiliation will change anything in my life, the forum, the country or the world, Get over yourselves.

I really don’t care who @Jo picks... but neither you not I nor anyone else is entitled to anything.
Yes i think you care about who's mod and what's his political affiliation.
And you have the total right to do so...

khalas drop it
If you can't stand neither me nor @LVV use the ignore function rather than campaigning behind our backs for a 'solution' to be found for us.

Not cool dude.

• Advertisement
  • NiceV

NiceV

Sad day for Orange 🍊 Room
    - Elections Cancelled
    - More Games and Tricks
    - No wonder country is f ... up with such mentality
    We have today Darth Vader Creation Example
    Welcome to the new moderator/ moderators
    Who is behind the masque
    I welcomed the new moderator with some questions
    No response
    He liked another user response
    Deja vue

Last edited:
    Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think the new mods should be appointed with their OG aliases, not with new accounts/names :) for transparency and trust issues.
    The ORoom is a dangerous place, we should feel that our valuable posts and contributions are in safe hands.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is not a government platform A4J, the owners don’t charge you for being here, you didn’t sign a contract with them, they owe you nothing. They can take down the site tomorrow...
    While no one owes the other anything, there's an unwritten code of conduct between forum admins and users:
    we value the time they take out of their busy lives to volunteer moderate this forum, and they, in return, appreciate us taking the time to contribute on this forum and which helps keep Oroom going.

The cancellation of the elections is to me a breach of this agreement.

Sure we can't sue them for wasting our time. We can either bring this up to their attention because we actually care about Oroom, or we can simply move to other forums.

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    Hello Guys,

In the past 2 weeks, the Orange Room was witnessing its yearly elections.

This year, we received very good participation with some members having a genuine aim towards making this second home for many, a better place and I really appreciated that.

However, with the increased activity and tension, some members felt threatened personally, others were excessively trolled and the overall mood on the forum became toxic with a lot of hate messages being posted.
    The above lead to 3 candidates out of the final 6 withdrawing from the Elections.

The purpose of the election was for members to feel involved, empowered and to make sure the discussions are moderated independently of political affiliation.
    But now, due to strong polarization and strong feelings among members, the democratic process took a hit and i feel that my personal involvement in the general moderation of the forum is necessary again.

That being said, this year, I will be choosing the 4 moderators myself - with the help of the Super Moderators. The 4 chosen moderators will need to be unbiased, have different political opinions and mature enough to accept the other side.
    We will also push the new moderators in forcing the rules more, especially rules related to personal sugar-coated insults, trolling and hate speech.

This is not the outcome we were hoping for. We are hoping to go back to holding fair elections in the near future.

Thank you for the candidates who wanted to help and for the users/readers who still believe in this platform.
    Joe
    The king is dead, long live the king !

(i was never a big fan of democracy, we only need a good king to rule us lol )

NiceV

NiceV

democracy is highly overrated

this is a better outcome
    Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the rest.” — Winston Churchill
    I prefer to trust Winston Cigare to your magic wand

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    btw we had an election on this forum ages ago, i won after i whipped a storm together lol

i forgot alot of the details, it wasnt about being a mod, it was just an election, barely survived the first round but rode a wave in the last

i got ppl who voted for me at the last minute who were opposed to me politically (i was an fpmer then, i remember rock voting for me and a few others), it was epic lol

i wouldnt have won without their votes and the small army of ladies on the forum who supported my campaign <3

i dont even recall what i promised hehe

ah i was a true politician at heart then, saba2to la aoun for weird alliances and compromises and doing nothing after getting elected :p

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    btw we had an election on this forum ages ago, i won after i whipped a storm together lol

i forgot alot of the details, it wasnt about being a mod, it was just an election, barely survived the first round but rode a wave in the last

i got ppl who voted for me at the last minute who were opposed to me politically (i was an fpmer then, i remember rock voting for me and a few others), it was epic lol

i wouldnt have won without their votes and the small army of ladies on the forum who supported my campaign <3

i dont even recall what i promised hehe

ah i was a true politician at heart then, saba2to la aoun for weird alliances and compromises and doing nothing after getting elected :p
    Why don't you use capital letters?