Announcements Orange Room Elections update

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
Staff member

this is for @mrsrx :p
Haha Frasier was never a pet peeve even though i watched bits of it....
Doing this is fantastic to piss people off and derail their conversations a pet peeve of mine you should of wrote ocd instead of OCD...:p

• Advertisement
  • Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thanks for the effort @Jo.

In the future, please do not release a list of people who voted. It never happens, anywhere, and it compromised the integrity of the elections.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Although I disagree with not continuing with the current elections as you all know, I respect @Jo 's decision, and I hope the forum will be better for it.
    Let's all open a new page and in advance thank the new moderators for their help and time in providing us with a great and fair forum space.

And, thank you to all the previous moderators for your service.

Now let's move beyond this and have some fun :)

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes i think you care about who's mod and what's his political affiliation.
    And you have the total right to do so...

khalas drop it
    If you can't stand neither me nor @LVV use the ignore function rather than campaigning behind our backs for a 'solution' to be found for us.

Not cool dude.
    I care about a decent conversation, both you and @LVV seem incapable of it. You want to be ignored, bi 2amrak, down the drain with your toxic brand

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    While no one owes the other anything, there's an unwritten code of conduct between forum admins and users:
    we value the time they take out of their busy lives to volunteer moderate this forum, and they, in return, appreciate us taking the time to contribute on this forum and which helps keep Oroom going.

The cancellation of the elections is to me a breach of this agreement.

Sure we can't sue them for wasting our time. We can either bring this up to their attention because we actually care about Oroom, or we can simply move to other forums.
    You contribute on the forum for yourself, and not the mods... if you find it taking too much of your time then contribute less. If you care about it contribute more but don’t expect to get a say in everything just because you care... feel free to contribute to whatever forum you like

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My opinion on the matter is that we're enjoying our stay on the forum because of Jo, whether he makes dollars or not, from what I know, we owe him way too much than he owes us, that is if he owes us anything at all. And the forum should not in any be an unfair tax on Jo's own money, which I suppose what the case is, nor should the forum management's strategy become based on asking people to give money or otherwise the forum would close. If you calculate the value of the time spent here in terms of a cafe's expenses then you'd owe him a fortune.

I advise you to read this article to realize that websites such as Facebook and Twitter adjusted their approach to the user from considering him/ her a customer to supplier, thus every "like" and every post is data to be used and to charge advertising and analytical companies for. And yet some people here gladly use those platforms, appreciating their gratuity, not realizing that they are not only suppliers, but also, in my opinion, employees providing more data for the worldwide money machines.

Despite all that, you come here and accuse Jo of making money. I'm not one of those who would ask you to leave if you don't like it, since I do not support this mentality at all, I suggest that you stay but at least be grateful.

NYTimes can let you read 5 articles per month, you have to subscribe to Annahar and Foreign Affairs to read them. I post articles from those media outlets having in mind that there could be members who have potential but lack the means, and this "service" is provided for you for free. The forum is giving you a way to communicate with some really educated people, read some quality articles, and engage and develop your language skills since English is a foreign language (for those living in Lebanon), and improve your abilities and refine your convictions when you have them challenged. Yet we are squandering this opportunity wanting to destroy each other.

The real beggar in my opinion is the one who rushes to follow people on Twitter, and this is not good at all to cultivate a culture of following, you see a celebrity being followed by a huge number of people yet they follow few themselves. And you add people on Facebook waiting for them to accept you. This is way repulsive for my taste. Here all members are alike, and we equally post having the same size of a post in the same thread, and you yourself can open any thread in any subject you want, and it will take the same opportunity as any other thread.. I'm sure we will all regret it if we lose this forum. And then we will go to those platforms where there are super people collecting friends and followers like one collects stamps.

I really wish and hope that Jo would be making money out of this, though I doubt. For this would mean the gentleman has taken over an almost dead enterprise and has made it a success. Believe it or not, when all the dust is over after these followers/ friends platforms, people will appreciate again forums where the person is valued for his pen not their shining names, bodies or extreme comments.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Thanks for the effort @Jo.

In the future, please do not release a list of people who voted. It never happens, anywhere, and it compromised the integrity of the elections.
    The list of voters are released in elections... i've worked on elections here and the list is accessible for candidates for sure! and even as the elections are happening, the candidates get to strike out who voted and go after those who haven't voted to get them to vote...

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    We broke the forum
    The edit button is gone

Edit
    It's back but gone from Private messages

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

Not a wise decision.
    Either you make new elections
    Or you confirm the actual results.
    Democracy is not a matter of opinion.
    My 5 cents
    they already made enough mistakes in real life politics, the forum is no so different.
    they will pay the price of these mistakes in the next elections because they are still making
    them up till this minute

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

Despite all that, you come here and accuse Jo of making money. I'm not one of those who would ask you to leave if you don't like it, since I do not support this mentality at all, I suggest that you stay but at least be grateful.
    no one is accusing him of anything, moderators that ran this forum are overly sectarian and personally sensitive. they over-abuse the usage of the tools at their disposal
    hypocrisy at its best. People used to attack each others all the time on the forum since 2006 the year I joined ... and yet we are still here, no one is dead.
    sensitive sectarian human beings should not be allowed to moderate .. I don't care about women's rights nor retarded feminists ... ok .. if you have hormone problems go see a doctor not the ban button !!

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

they already made enough mistakes in real life politics, the forum is no so different.
    they will pay the price of these mistakes in the next elections because they are still making
    them up till this minute
    Did u change ur picture? IS really?

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    one thing leads to another
    you dropped a comment about his mental capabilities

what do you expect people's usual reply to that ?

LVV has his own style while typing, i find it hilarious and i enjoy it, you don't
    The forum has an ignore function, just use it..

I'd rather not, much more fun toying with imbeciles like yourself. Eno yaba inta 7edi2 w civilized w 3am tdefi3 3an users khitabon ta2ife 3onsore taba2e w ma dawalayk ah ya civilized w open minded ya progressive inta. Maskhara walla.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    plus you make accusations of @Jo and how he makes his money, and yet........ you are here.
    Accusations, hehe btesta3mil 3ibarat kaeno 3am hader la mou2amara 3al site. Wlek ya zalameh wehyet allah ma hada 2erikon.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    The forum has become a festering pile of racist, demonizing, objectifying and barbarous language. People have no problem with going around dumping posts and inundating threads about how certain people with a certain faith should be killed in mass. You have racists, misogynists, Islamophobes, christianophobes, xenophobes running amok and controlling the entire flow of the conversations in thread. Unabated. You have members dumping truckloads of barely coherent hate speech that does nothing but obfuscate the few voices that would like to have a conversation on a daily basis. Fix this bullshit that you've allowed to exist and persist and realize that this isnt a sustainable business model to maintain growth.

I start with myself. I insulted members and broke forum rules a whole lotta times and I wasnt even banned once. Seriously like you have to admit that there's barely any enforcement of the rules in this forum and that is precisely why things have devolved to the degree that they have. Trying to pin it on the users is just demagoguery and extremely dishonest.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    The forum has become a festering pile of racist, demonizing, objectifying and barbarous language. People have no problem with going around dumping posts and inundating threads about how certain people with a certain faith should be killed in mass. You have racists, misogynists, Islamophobes, christianophobes, xenophobes running amok and controlling the entire flow of the conversations in thread. Unabated. You have members dumping truckloads of barely coherent hate speech that does nothing but obfuscate the few voices that would like to have a conversation on a daily basis. Fix this bullshit that you've allowed to exist and persist and realize that this isnt a sustainable business model to maintain growth.
    You say something then its opposite
    Ye crybaby

To be clear and transparent i really dont give a flying flamingo what happens to this forum. I stopped caring a long time ago.

However, to compare and equate banter and mockery to the things that have been allowed on this forum is petty and highly misleading.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You can start with yourself.

I'd rather not, much more fun toying with imbeciles like yourself.
    If everyone cleans in front of their own door, the whole street will be clean.