• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

ORoom Mafia #2: ORville - A Christmas Story!

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The game will be played in ONE thread -- this one. I will use Threadmarks to ease your navigation in the thread (phase start posts, vote counts, etc.). Please read the rules carefully and PM me if you have any questions. Have fun!

For an overview of the main roles and their abilities check out this site:

Disclaimer:
The roles I have chosen might be tweaked slightly and/or X-Shot (limited usage ability).

Rules:
0) PMs are not allowed in this game, unless your role PM explicitly states otherwise.

1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
2) All votes must be BOLDED (e.g. vote: MELF). Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed.
3) You may not abstain from voting.
4) This game will use plurality rules for lynching. That means, player with most votes at the end of Day Phase will be lynched. There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote-tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
5) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last 24 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though. Weekend phases may last longer. As the game goes on, phases will get shorter.
6) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool. Also, NEVER post ANY screenshots of private communication sent to you by anyone. It is not only bad form, it is cheating and undermines the spirit of the game, and you will be modkilled at my discretion.
7) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
8) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
9) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information. (One gg post is OK, but please no game-related information).
10) If you have any questions, please PM me.
11) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
12) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
13) Don't be shit-heads -- to me or to each other. Play to win, and remember this is a game and we are all here to have fun.

Players:
1. @XMyso
2. @IsaBells
3. @Mistletos
4. @Dr. Eggnog
5. @mike89
6. @The End
7. @SeaAb

Game has begun.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Christmas in ORville

A loud knock on the door woke me up from my slumber. I hear singing. Christmas carols? Already? It is so... early.

In through the door, a small crowd burst into another round of carols. An old lady handed me a small box wrapped in tissue paper and ribbon, with a deformed corner.

"I am finally going to get a BB gun!" or so I thought, as I gave the box a violent shake. An un-nerving sound, like broken ceramics, resonates from within.

Eager with anticipation, I break open the box. Inside lies the shattered remains of what appears to have once been some sort of decorative Christmas figurine.

"Is this a joke?" I thought to myself, tears building in my eyes.

BEGIN DAY 1
Phase will end around 5 PM PST (25.5 hours from now). Phase change is tentative.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
VTL SeaAb

Reasoning:
1- To break the ice / split the bread to start the game.
2- To avenge @IsaBells for the previous game.
3- Because he he was scum in the previous game and was rather good at it.

Note, vote is not final but will be switched for pressure on other people as well.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
I don't mean "scum" as a misdemeanor but an affiliation. I carry this from previous games.

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
I didn’t play with you guys first time around, but do is there any clue in MELF’s post? Or do we just go at it blindly at first, and then figure things out as we go?

Christmas in ORville

A loud knock on the door woke me up from my slumber. I hear singing. Christmas carols? Already? It is so... early.

In through the door, a small crowd burst into another round of carols. An old lady handed me a small box wrapped in tissue paper and ribbon, with a deformed corner.

"I am finally going to get a BB gun!" or so I thought, as I gave the box a violent shake. An un-nerving sound, like broken ceramics, resonates from within.

Eager with anticipation, I break open the box. Inside lies the shattered remains of what appears to have once been some sort of decorative Christmas figurine.

"Is this a joke?" I thought to myself, tears building in my eyes.

BEGIN DAY 1
Phase will end around 5 PM PST (25.5 hours from now). Phase change is tentative.

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter
VTL SeaAb

Reasoning:

Note, vote is not final but will be switched for pressure on other people as well.

Although I am not certain whether we can find a clue in MELF’s original post, except that it's really sad to have broken Christmas decorations, and even worse, no BB gun 😥 ..... but there might be some information in the post I've quoted.

Here is my assessment:

XMyso is on the attack based on seing SeaAB’s name. This in itself could mean a lot but let me illicit the two main ideas.

I) XMyso is innocent:
  1. XMyso is just starting some shit to get the excitement started right away or/
  2. XMyso knows something that the regular citizens don't

II) XMyso is guilty:
  1. XMyso is a mafioso and is messing with us to get SeaAB targeted and killed before even having the chance to start the game, which would be really tragic for SeaAB, and for all of the ORville citizens if he wrongfully accused, and executed 💔.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
I didn’t play with you guys first time around, but do is there any clue in MELF’s post? Or do we just go at it blindly at first, and then figure things out as we go?

No it's supposed to be generic.
Theme only helps in identifying roles / soft-claiming.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Good morning everyone!
As always please don't lynch me am a citizen! I have to work today no time for a lot of activity... Thx @MELF for starting the game!

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
VTL SeaAb

Reasoning:

I have to say, the temptation to VTL SeaAb is strong after the last game.

However, we need calm heads right now. I'll wait to see what everyone has to say before making my move. In the meantime, I think that I like these sets of rules better. We don't need complete consensus anymore to lynch someone, which makes it slightly easier to get people lynched (although this comes with its own set of considerations).

As the rules say, please don't stay silent ("lurk"). We need to hear what everyone has to say so that the round moves forward and we can make our minds up properly. I feel I'll be inclined to suspect silent spectators more this time around... We'll see.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Guys, Christmas spirit is in the air. It's rather unfortunate that the Christmas figurine was broken, but still, let's not let it get to us and change who we are.

Life is beautiful in ORville. We have a lot of to look forward to. I say we put all the negativity and finger-pointing behind us and go out enjoy the beautiful weather. Drinks on me. :)

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
Guys, Christmas spirit is in the air. It's rather unfortunate that the Christmas figurine was broken, but still, let's not let it get to us and change who we are.

Life is beautiful in ORville. We have a lot of to look forward to. I say we put all the negativity and finger-pointing behind us and go out enjoy the beautiful weather. Drinks on me. :)

Good try.

But I have a strong sense that you're playing like last game.
You don't seem to be showing any real concern for the Town.

Myso

Orange Room Supporter
It's likely he was joking.

But he didn't contribute further, so could be side-lining.
Same applies to @SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Good try.

But I have a strong sense that you're playing like last game.
You don't seem to be showing any real concern for the Town.
I do share your concern. However, I have faith in all the Townies. I'm sure we'll vote correctly and preserve the integrity of our town. Merry Christmas everyone! :)