Ottomans referred to Lebanon as "Durza"?

• Thread starter 𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
  • Start date
Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
  • Sayyed Ibrahim al-Husseini al-Keserwani - Shiite Scholar from Keserwan, lived in the late 13th century
  • Al-Qadi Abul-Fadel Asaad bin Ahmad bin Ahmad bin Abu Ruh al-Tarabulsi - An Islamic Shiite jurist of the Shiite Emirate of Tripoli, died c. 1099 AD
  • Ibn al-Tarabulsi - Shiite poet from the Shiite emirate of Tripoli, lived in Sabzevar after the crusade conquest of Tripoli and died there in the early 12th century.
  • Shaykh Mukhlisaddine bin Muqbel al-Ghassani - Shiite scholar from Homs, but moved to Mount Lebanon after Mongol conquests. Died c. 1259 AD
  • Shaykh Ahmad bin Jamaleddine - Shiite scholar, died in Hrajel c. 1253 AD
  • Shaykh Ahmad bin bin Muhsin al-Ansari - Shiite scholar from Dinnieh, died there c. 1278 AD
  • Abu Ali al-Keserwani - Shiite scholar, known Jurist and of known lineage as many of his grandfathers were scholars.
  • Shaykh al-Hassan bin Ahmad al-Keserwani - Shiite scholar from Keserwan, son of Abu Ali al-Keserwani, he was famous of the Asceticism he lived and his wisdom. He died c. 1457 AD
  • Shaykh Hussain bin Musa ibn al-'Awd - Shiite scholar, originally from Keserwan however his ancestors were forced to flee from the grand Mamlouk campaign on Shiites of Mount Lebanon c. 1305.
  • Mufid ad-Din al-Ahwadi - Shiite scholar from the village of Hrajel in Keserwan, learned from famous Persian scholars. He died in 1275 AD
  • Shaykh Ahmad bin Ali - Shiite scholar, originally from Homs, was known of his extreme intelligence and wisdom. Died in 1223 AD
  • Muhammad bin Mubarak - Shiite scholar, son of a nobleman from Tripoli, died in the early 12th century.
  • Sayyed Alwan al-Musawi al-Keserwani - Shiite scholar and Naqib of al-Ashraf in Karak, Beqaa and Jabal Amel, died in 1529 AD
  • Sayyed Muhammad bin Mu'ya al-Hassani - Shiite poet from Tripoli who created a famous poem describing the process of fleeing Tripoli during its siege in 1109.
  • Ahmad bin Munir al-Tarabulsi - Shiite poet and famous Hafiz of lineages and especially that of Quraysh.

Source:

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    In terms of production, participation in the creation of the Lebanese culture. In the building of schools, hospitals, universities etc.
    I do not have available figures. So I cannot answer your questioning factually presently.

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What did the Shias bring forth in Lebanon? That is an honest question btw, not a sarcastic one.
    اول شي الانبطاح أمام الفلسطيني
    تاني شي الانبطاح أمام الإسرائيلي
    ثالث شي الانبطاح أمام السوري
    واليوم الانبطاح أمام الإيراني

Genuine answer to a genuine question.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    In terms of production, participation in the creation of the Lebanese culture. In the building of schools, hospitals, universities etc.
    This is unfair to ask as Shiahs in the past didn't have foreign powers supporting them unlike Druze and Maronites. But it's fair to ask about Shiahs now, as they're the most powerful and have only focused on building up a strong militia.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    اول شي الانبطاح أمام الفلسطيني
    تاني شي الانبطاح أمام الإسرائيلي
    ثالث شي الانبطاح أمام السوري
    واليوم الانبطاح أمام الإيراني

Genuine answer to a genuine question.
    الانبطاح أمام السوري بعدو قائم و ما في شي تغير عند كل اللبنانية. بس بشار مشغول.

لبنان كان لازم يستغل الفرصة و يحتل أراضي من سواحل شمال سوريا العدوة.

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    الانبطاح أمام السوري بعدو قائم و ما في شي تغير عند كل اللبنانية. بس بشار مشغول.

لبنان كان لازم يستغل الفرصة و يحتل أراضي من سواحل شمال سوريا العدوة.
    They should've used ISIS as an excuse like the Syrians used the Palestinians as an excuse and entered through Sa3iqa.
    Problem is, no one has the balls to take that decision and, like you said, they all (except a few) remain servants of Assad.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Some malicious Zionist hasbara troll is trying to reinvent history and make a special Maronite - Druze marriage and divorce others (who are very much indigenous to Lebanon and the Levant) from history and their ties to the land and to others. Further trying to forget that no two groups in Lebanese history have killed and hated each other more than the Druze and the Maronites.
    Not a 'Maronite-Druze' marriage, a Christian-Druze one. Shias and Sunnis are both very foreign to Lebanon and the Levant, hence both groups score only 30/40% Levant on 23andme, compared to Christians of all sects and Druze who both score +90%. Without the Ashkenazi Jewish reference, Ashkenazim score +50% Levant, hence they are also more indigenous than you.

The Christian-Druze conflict is in the past, and AGAIN, it was NOT a religious one. Druze persecuted Christians for political dominance, Muslims persecuted Christians because 'infidels should be slayed' according to the quran. You don't see Druze persecuting Christians nowadays, you do Muslim.

There's a reason why Christians live in heavily Druze Hasbaya/Rashaya area and Shouf, but are completely absent in Shia Nabatieh and Baalbek. You guys are [] culturally foreign for us. Unlike the Druze, who despite differences, are persieved by Christians as the closest group.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

what is the point??
    aslan that could be so. in lebanon you find the other sects that live with the maronites are shia and the druze. hardly the orthodox or the sunni. they live with the maronites in jbeil, baabda, jezzine, tyre, baalbeck, etc.

Christians don't live with Shias. In Jbeil, Shias live outside the actual town. Same for Jezzine. In Baabda, Christians live with Druze and away from Shias. And Tyre and Baalbek, you kidding me? Both are Christian-less, even Sidon and Tripoli have more Christians than Tyre (the city) and Baalbek city is basically the most dangerous area for Christians in the country. Christians and Shias almost never interact with each other. Shias are perceived as the most foreign group by Christians. The only Muslims who are slightly similar to Christians and can get along with is the Beiruti Sunnis.

X

Xynus87

(Although this thread is too old, I'm still responding to address the misinformation and confusion spread by certain participants in this discussion)
    Not a 'Maronite-Druze' marriage, a Christian-Druze one. Shias and Sunnis are both very foreign to Lebanon and the Levant, hence both groups score only 30/40% Levant on 23andme, compared to Christians of all sects and Druze who both score +90%. Without the Ashkenazi Jewish reference, Ashkenazim score +50% Levant, hence they are also more indigenous than you.

The Christian-Druze conflict is in the past, and AGAIN, it was NOT a religious one. Druze persecuted Christians for political dominance, Muslims persecuted Christians because 'infidels should be slayed' according to the quran. You don't see Druze persecuting Christians nowadays, you do Muslim.
    There's a reason why Christians live in heavily Druze Hasbaya/Rashaya area and Shouf, but are completely absent in Shia Nabatieh and Baalbek. You guys are [] culturally foreign for us. Unlike the Druze, who despite differences, are persieved by Christians as the closest group.
    That's not true. Do you have any source for the admixture estimation you made up? I can give you some evidence using a different way that will actually show to the contrary of what you said. On the contrary both Lebanese Muslims and Christians score near-equal Levantine admixture (Lebanon, Syria and Palestine), although Muslims score slightly more admixture (which Christians do score) associated with the Ghassanids and the Islamic conquest.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    "Cedid Atlas is the first translation of the atlas in the Muslim world, printed and published in 1803 in Istanbul, then the capital of the Ottoman Empire. "

The Atlas refers to Lebanon as "Durza" and separates it from Syria.

This shows that the claim that Lebanese were Syrians was even bogus to the Ottomans. A direct blow to Pan-Arabists and Pan-Syrians who claim we are a European invention.

But it puts into question why the Ottomans didn't mention the Sunni Muslims (who now praise the Ottomans)? They obviously left out the Maronites as they are Christian and somehow accepted the Druze (although they knew they were not Muslim, because of invading houses and then exporting the Hikma texts to Constantinople).
    Do you know that the Vikings referred to Lebanon as "Trousers"? Do you know why?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Is that your Tinder pickup line when you slide in Khadooji's DMs?
    Most girlfriends who flirted with me back in the days were Druze girls. Reem, Leen, Linda, Rasha to name a few. They were hot, wild and very receptive.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not fat. Maybe the reason they liked me. And it was school days I'm referring to.
    So you were flaunting to me about school girls with half-developed brains who took a liking in you because you were not fat?
    I thought you were gonna pull off a Zain Chouaib on me and end it with...
    كل ديك منا تنعشر دجاجي معو

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    So you were flaunting to me about school girls with half-developed brains who took a liking in you because you were not fat?
    I thought you were gonna pull off a Zain Chouaib on me and end it with...
    كل ديك منا تنعشر دجاجي معو
    University girls aren't half brains.

But why do you sound hurt? Your girls dont like you even though you're from them?