Our Constitution Is flawed and counter productive

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
I personally think that the source of all our econimcal, political, social, governmental and sectarian problems in Lebanon is our constitution itself most importantly the post-Taef version.

A high level dictation for your Constitution insists that everything, including decisions, must be taken and distributed equally between the concerned parties.

From a political standpoint, we all know that every side will place objectives that align with its own vision.
The cleanest way to reach such objectives would be to play the political game and eliminate the opposition so you can work.

However, in accordance to our own Sectarian constitution the opposition is always going to be a whole sect.

This gives us one of 2 choices:

• Play it, politically right, and eliminate a whole sect(s) from the decision making, the thing that encourages sectarianism and can easily escalate to a civil war in Lebanon

• Play it, Religiously right and do what’s best to your own Sect, by building a base and forcing yourself into the decision making endorsing the ‘Mare2le ta Mare2lak’ culture which encourages coverups and shady deals in Lebanon.

Not trying to sound pessimist,
However I do not see a clean way out of this equation.

• Advertisement
  • !Aoune32

!Aoune32

la2 it isn't the problem. The problem is that people do not want to follow the constitution. That is what is wrong with the country. Since Taef and the syrian occupation of our country the Lebanese people are just wanting to get by. They don't care for their country. They care for their sect, etc as you said above. If someone and his brother is fighting they used to go to the Syrians for help. It was a big mistake giving this country independence as we will never learn. There are rules in any country but yet the Lebanese find a way to bend the rules upside down to fulfil their own personal needs.

masalan Taef bi2oul decentralization and a senate. Has anyone tried to have these two which are major reforms to the country???
    whatever else needs to be done can be amended.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    la2 it isn't the problem. The problem is that people do not want to follow the constitution. That is what is wrong with the country. Since Taef and the syrian occupation of our country the Lebanese people are just wanting to get by. They don't care for their country. They care for their sect, etc as you said above. If someone and his brother is fighting they used to go to the Syrians for help. It was a big mistake giving this country independence as we will never learn. There are rules in any country but yet the Lebanese find a way to bend the rules upside down to fulfil their own personal needs.

masalan Taef bi2oul decentralization and a senate. Has anyone tried to have these two which are major reforms to the country???
    whatever else needs to be done can be amended.
    How do you suggest people will go in a country that defines the executive power and the legislature based on sectarian basics?
    The system dictates sectarian corruption. This will be written in the history of Lebanon as the Syrian Maronite occupation of Lebanon.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    How do you suggest people will go in a country that defines the executive power and the legislature based on sectarian basics?
    The system dictates sectarian corruption. This will be written in the history of Lebanon as the Syrian Maronite occupation of Lebanon.
    I agree 100%

Our constitution is a Time bomb, and eventually things are going to go out of hand especially once a radical takes charge of his own sect and starts playing the political game.

Hizballa is the scariest right now, however i think we’re safe as long as SHN is in charge.
    Things might go ugly depending on who’s taking leadership after him. It’s a 50/50 chance.

Christians and Sunnis are no danger at the moment because their radicals are properly isolated.
    However this will instantly change the moment Hizballa starts backing off of his internal moderate state at the Lebanese level.

I think it’s time to re-write the constitution and apply federalism before things go out of hand.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

The only occupation that occurred was from your friends and hoes the Syrian and Palo's hordes. We are proud of this sectarian regime and it will continue to stay as it is. If not another civil war will be created.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The only occupation that occurred was from your friends and hoes the Syrian and Palo's hordes. We are proud of this sectarian regime and it will continue to stay as it is. If not another civil war will be created.
    I was not even in Lebanon when the Syrians were there and also never visited. My interest in Lebanon started in 2005 after they left. So they could not be my friends.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree 100%

Our constitution is a Time bomb, and eventually things are going to go out of hand especially once a radical takes charge of his own sect and starts playing the political game.

Hizballa is the scariest right now, however i think we’re safe as long as SHN is in charge.
    Things might go ugly depending on who’s taking leadership after him. It’s a 50/50 chance.

Christians and Sunnis are no danger at the moment because their radicals are properly isolated.
    However this will instantly change the moment Hizballa starts backing off of his internal moderate state at the Lebanese level.

I think it’s time to re-write the constitution and apply federalism before things go out of hand.
    Hezbollah is in its days of glory. They are in the strongest position.
    Federalism cannot work in Lebanon due to lack of territories or population. It is possible in Israel due to existing system of segregation.