Partitionning Lebanon

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I know this issue raises a lot of eyebrows, criticism and rejection. However seing the actual situation of the country, don't you think that the best solution would be to simply give each sect/community dominion over it's own territories and be done with it already? it's been 60 years we've been trying to build a country and failing miserably at every turn, so what's the point of sticking to it.

note that personally I would love to live in a secular, democratic nation where religion does not constitute any boundary, however whoever claims that it is possible in lebanon is highly delusional.

So, the problem will lie in the mixed areas, and beirut specifically, but i guess solutions can be found.

What are your suggestions, and how would you like to see lebanon partitionned? And im not talking about a federal state here, im talking about a full-fledged redrawing of the regional map.

• Advertisement
  • The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    It should be partitioned between stupid and less stupid people.

Basically 99% of our MPs along with their cheerleaders will be part of a country, while the rest will have their own country.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Basically 99% of our MPs along with their cheerleaders will be part of a country, while the rest will have their own country.
    But if the square footage is proportional to the number of people, the less stupid will Jazirit el 'Araneb!!!

As the French saying goes, "Il faut de tout pour faire un monde"

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

I know this issue raises a lot of eyebrows, criticism and rejection. However seing the actual situation of the country, don't you think that the best solution would be to simply give each sect/community dominion over it's own territories and be done with it already? it's been 60 years we've been trying to build a country and failing miserably at every turn, so what's the point of sticking to it.

note that personally I would love to live in a secular, democratic nation where religion does not constitute any boundary, however whoever claims that it is possible in lebanon is highly delusional.

So, the problem will lie in the mixed areas, and beirut specifically, but i guess solutions can be found.

What are your suggestions, and how would you like to see lebanon partitionned? And im not talking about a federal state here, im talking about a full-fledged redrawing of the regional map.
    If you are to do that, you will have a problem given how intertwined some regions are... might as well doing it in conjunction with Syria: combine the two and then split the two and create a Christian state, an 3alaouite state, a Chiite state, a druze state and a Christian state... But as The Jade alluded to, stupid people are in all of these sects and can make all of our lives miserable

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    I'm down for that, let it be divided between people who enjoy life and want to live a respectable war free life and the people who want constant wars and destruction... we shouldn't have to pay because of others choice.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter

Will you come back and live in the "less stupid" part of the country in constant war and serving Iranian plan to regain past glory and have their own little empire again or will you stay living in Canada making more in a month than some people make here in a year and living an all around respectable life while 3am tetchatar 3a 5ayrak and think you have the right to have a say in how the country you abandoned should be managed.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin

brilliant! OR, what we could do is divide them by their allegiance!! We run a lie detector, those who can curse all the other countries without lying (Syria , Iran, KSA, Qatar, Bahrain, US, Israel, Egypt) they get the part of Lebanon called "Lebanon", and the others get another part called "lebawhore".

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    From another thread:

As for my view, it's probably unconstitutional: but I don't believe in Lebanon as a state. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish it partitions into a multitude of smaller states. Rather I wish the Syrian crisis will be some sort of detonator to redraw the region's borders into states that make sens. So march 8 and their regional allies could have their own état-tampon in the face of Isra-hell, march 14 and their regional allies (incl. salafis) could have their long time fantasized Sunni Levant Emirate, and "civilized" people in the region can have their own Levant version of Malta. A relatively small economy, but "normal" state, that lives off tourism, agriculture, sea... Those "civilized" people are the people who believe in citizenship, who are not willing to take up guns because of a parking spot.

Are Lebanese gonna finally wake up and realize that people (a sha3b) with such conflicting and antinomic views on life (that's the most important factor), politics and economy cannot form a unified nation?

The hell with march 14 amateurism, corruption, unfaithfulness to the nation (because they have never believed in it) and fostering of terrorists, the hell with HA's obsession with Israel and idiocy/hypocrisy when it comes to internal politics, the hell with Palestinian and Syrian refugees polluting a land called Lebanon.
    Lebanon is too small to partitioned. Let's take advantage of the Levant and redraw the borders... It's the only solution in my opinion.

elAshtar

elAshtar

From another thread:

Lebanon is too small to partitioned. Let's take advantage of the Levant and redraw the borders... It's the only solution in my opinion.
    I do agree.. It is not necessary that we go into smaller states.. I have been thinking of the same thing lately... Partitioning the region is not something bad, we could make use of this partitioning by uniting different entities that are more homogeneous... let everyone choose where he would like to live.. For once, let the ppl of this region to draw their on borders.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    If you are to do that, you will have a problem given how intertwined some regions are... might as well doing it in conjunction with Syria: combine the two and then split the two and create a Christian state, an 3alaouite state, a Chiite state, a druze state and a Christian state... But as The Jade alluded to, stupid people are in all of these sects and can make all of our lives miserable
    There will inevitably be some movement of population required, and all the land swapping that goes with it.
    But I'd rather "emigrate" 10km north to the new country I'll want to belong to, rather than emigrating 10,000km west to some European/North American country I have no blood ties with.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member

A first step, but I think the Levant region can greatly be improved...
    And no one tells me it's an American project. I don't really care. I'm just sick of sharing a land and a passport with id!ots that believe they'll have 40 virgins if they blow themselves up, thiefs that rely on these id!ots to steal my country's wealth, barbaric tribes that cut people's private parts over love stories, and groups with an inferiority-complex so bad they need to have their own army to reassure themselves.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

There will inevitably be some movement of population required, and all the land swapping that goes with it.
    But I'd rather "emigrate" 10km north to the new country I'll want to belong to, rather than emigrating 10,000km west to some European/North American country I have no blood ties with.
    It is not that easy... How can you 'organize' this? So what do you tell people in Kobeyate, 3andaket, Chadra, Mengez? Just 'emigrate' to Hrajel and we'll figure it out?

This will inevitably come with killings, destructions, etc...

On a side note (quite ironic), you do realize that we are precisely talking about the 'Kissinger' plan of redrawing the boundaries in the Middle East into 'community based' states to align with the model from our neighbor in the South...

Wouldn't we have been better off doing it in the 70's and avoid all this blood shed?
    The reason we didn't and why this might not work is, while I might very well be Christian, I could have much more in common with my chiite or Sunnite friends than with other Christians (let's say LFers)... So what do you do?

Religion is not the only form of allegiance nor does it overlap entirely with political aspirations and choices, despite what some leaders are saying TODAY... In 10 years from now, things could very well flip again

elAshtar

elAshtar

Well, why dont we move all the salafists to saudi arabia...?! in addition to Weezy; of course :takdir:

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

A first step, but I think the Levant region can greatly be improved...
    And no one tells me it's an American project. I don't really care. I'm just sick of sharing a land and a passport with id!ots that believe they'll have 40 virgins if they blow themselves up, thiefs that rely on these id!ots to steal my country's wealth, barbaric tribes that cut people's private parts over love stories, and groups with an inferiority-complex so bad they need to have their own army to reassure themselves.
    Ok, this is great, but can you zoom in on the 'greater lebanon'? That's what I'm really interested in

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    [video=vimeo;68113054]http://vimeo.com/68113054[/video]

You're gonna tell me the people in the video above are as Lebanese as Assir? Or as Lebanese as the Mokdads?
    Is it possible that the people in that video share the same culture, history,, principles and land as the Assirs of Lebanon and the Mokdads of Lebanon?

I'm telling you, what we call today the "Lebanese people" is too heterogeneous, contradictory and antinomic to be part of the same nation...

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    From another thread:

Why is it too small? size is not the problem but rather the mixed areas. What to do with the shiite villages of Jbeil? or the greek orthodox living in tripoli? etc...
    Chouf, aley, etc..

size is not a problem at all, Luxemburg is 2500 km2 and they are landlocked. A nation of 2000km2 on the mediterenean, with water ressources and a strong economy can easily survive.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    Ok, this is great, but can you zoom in on the 'greater lebanon'? That's what I'm really interested in
    As I said, the Levant region can greatly be improved. This map was done prior to the Arab Spring, with the assumption that Syria would very hardly partition (on the exception of the Kurdish region).
    The Greater Lebanon pictured here roughly represents the Lebanon that was submitted to Patriarch Howayek by the French: Mount Lebanon + Lattakia basically. Howayek refused because of the Orthodox hegemony that country would have had, and opted for the Lebanon we know today.

But the Levant can surely and definitely be optimized compared to reality today, and compared to that map.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    It is not that easy... How can you 'organize' this? So what do you tell people in Kobeyate, 3andaket, Chadra, Mengez? Just 'emigrate' to Hrajel and we'll figure it out?

This will inevitably come with killings, destructions, etc...

On a side note (quite ironic), you do realize that we are precisely talking about the 'Kissinger' plan of redrawing the boundaries in the Middle East into 'community based' states to align with the model from our neighbor in the South...

Wouldn't we have been better off doing it in the 70's and avoid all this blood shed?
    The reason we didn't and why this might not work is, while I might very well be Christian, I could have much more in common with my chiite or Sunnite friends than with other Christians (let's say LFers)... So what do you do?

Religion is not the only form of allegiance nor does it overlap entirely with political aspirations and choices, despite what some leaders are saying TODAY... In 10 years from now, things could very well flip again
    I never wrote any sect's name in all my posts... It's more than religion. It's a vision of life.

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

A first step,
    This map extends Lebanon's borders to the syrian coast. You think adding the alawites to the already complex Lebanon fabric would be of any help?