Partitionning Lebanon

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
My Christians were not the ones who first restore to violence to achieve a political gain. It was the Muslim leaders who decided to undermine the state by their Palestinian sunni army. Christians didn't have to carry the cannons you mentioned had the Muslims sought for equal representation thru peaceful meanings. After all, Muslims in Lebanon were way better off living under the Maronites than most Muslims around the world. The Muslims could've saved us all this destruction had they been passionate despite that the average Muslim was not really different than his Christian brother.

The civil war was truly a familial war. A war between Christian families of gemayel, Franjiyeh and Chamoun who were one step ahead of Muslim families of Salem karami and jumblat. Was it worth it to take up Palestinians to fight Christians so Jumblat dream of becoming Lebanese president come true?
It doesn't really matter who fired the first bullet! what matters is that you're making Christians look like angels when their history is as filthy as every other Lebanese! Let's face it, this country is a joke, and partitioning it to suit some christians' sectarian notion of a sovereign paradise or whatever they dream of at night is hardly a solution! We've always been able to coexist on this god forsaken peace of land up until recent history, so spare me your sectarian speeches!

• Advertisement
  • JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    It doesn't really matter who fired the first bullet! what matters is that you're making Christians look like angels when their history is as filthy as every other Lebanese! Let's face it, this country is a joke, and partitioning it to suit some christians' sectarian notion of a sovereign paradise or whatever they dream of at night is hardly a solution! We've always been able to coexist on this god forsaken peace of land up until recent history, so spare me your sectarian speeches!
    I haven't said that the Christians are angels. In contrary, some here tried to portray them as evil. It wasn't until I straightened some accusations that suddenly Christians became as bad as others.

Anyhow, l'm not sure about the filthy history of Christians in Lebanon you mentioned. Maybe you can elaborate on that.

If being objective means sectarianism, let it be. Christians even Muslims 3am yetra7amo on past where the Maronites were in control.
    So don't blame if some Christians who wants to live that era again. The era were lebanon was somehow prosperior where Arabs used to envy our living. Unfortunately, it is only achievable thru partitioning because in one part you have HA mini state and Sunnis emerits everywhere else.

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    I'm not a partitionist fan, I still want to believe in Lebanon, the Greater Lebanon, in which, the Maronites found in 1919. However, I could also understand those who wants partition.

Frankly, those who are asking for partition are Christians. And the reason for partition is not sectarianism in a pure sense. Christians always believed in a strong independent state. A secular one in which all are equal under the law. However, and to be honest, both Islamic sects have shown no interest in what Christians want. PEACE, PROSPERITY AND maybe in a simple way, LIVE AND LET LIVE.

So, Some Christians see no hope in Lebanon as we know today. They think by partition they may could live a free prosperous life.
    You dismissed all the key factors I mentioned to promote a myth. Divorce for mixed marriages? lol The Christian were no angels for you to portray their dream as 'innocent'. The reason for partition was, is and always will be secterianism and intolerance.

I want the same state you want, but I refuse to live in a tribe or be part of any state where only one colour prevails. I don't belong to that ignorant world and will never be able to live in Lebanon if more partition was to exist. It's a stable as is already. Any society that draws lines between humans based on religion, colour, language... etc is an ignorant society.

That being said, the distant future of our region is unity not further divisions.

If you think having your own little kingdom is going to bring happiness, think twice. Religion isn't what divides people or brings them together. That's also a myth and the world stands as proof.

We want freedom to roam the earth without any restrictions. That's what humans should aim for.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    You dismissed all the key factors I mentioned to promote a myth. Divorce for mixed marriages? lol The Christian were no angels for you to portray their dream as 'innocent'. The reason for partition was, is and always will be secterianism and intolerance.

I want the same state you want, but I refuse to live in a tribe or be part of any state where only one colour prevails. I don't belong to that ignorant world and will never be able to live in Lebanon if more partition was to exist. It's a stable as is already. Any society that draws lines between humans based on religion, colour, language... etc is an ignorant society.

That being said, the distant future of our region is unity not further divisions.

If you think having your own little kingdom is going to bring happiness, think twice. Religion isn't what divides people or brings them together. That's also a myth and the world stands as proof.

We want freedom to roam the earth without any restrictions. That's what humans should aim for.
    Christians also love to live in a multi cultural society. But, the reality on ground does not in the for see look great. Both Islamic camps, politically speaking, doesnot have LLebanon as priority. W ya ret they are becoming more sectarian against Christians, they are on neck to neck with each other because of their sectarian regional sponsors. With it, they undermine the state, w ra7 beda3ess the economy Christians and the rule of law. Yet, all Muslims are maghbounin at a time no other than Christians who are marginalized... yet again, Christians are the only ones who still respect the state.

You can't truly blame Christians for being sectarians when Muslims are still immature and fight each other like the dark ages.

When you realize Lebanon, and stop being sectarians yourselves than you can point at Christians.

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    Christians also love to live in a multi cultural society. But, the reality on ground does not in the for see look great. Both Islamic camps, politically speaking, doesnot have LLebanon as priority. W ya ret they are becoming more sectarian against Christians, they are on neck to neck with each other because of their sectarian regional sponsors. With it, they undermine the state, w ra7 beda3ess the economy Christians and the rule of law. Yet, all Muslims are maghbounin at a time no other than Christians who are marginalized... yet again, Christians are the only ones who still respect the state.

You can't truly blame Christians for being sectarians when Muslims are still immature and fight each other like the dark ages.

When you realize Lebanon, and stop being sectarians yourselves than you can point at Christians.
    I didn't mention 'Muslim' in my post for you to think I'm claiming they're less sectarian, and I dare not say that. They're all worse than each other. If you want a decent place to live in, it is your role to look beyond ignorance in our society and try to make it better, not take it further backwards.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    You know that works both ways right? I mean you do know that the civil war had two sides?

Your Christians weren't exactly throwing rice, flowers and doves out of their canons!
    The same can be said about Palestinians in their struggle against Israel.
    So, who's the agressor and the victim now?

Hameed

Hameed

The same can be said about Palestinians in their struggle against Israel.
    So, who's the agressor and the victim now?
    the war between the Palestinians and the isralies is not a civil war, more over it is off topic :focus:

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    Wein sheyif hal Christian state? Even in Syria ma fi. Seems the state in the western part of Syria will be made of of Sunnis and Alawites.
    Jame3 christians min hon w min hon, and you'll create a christian state.
    Lebanon was a maronite creation, let the new Levant Christian state be a Levant Christian creation.

Note: I never said there would be no movement of population. It's inevitable.

Hameed

Hameed

I know this issue raises a lot of eyebrows, criticism and rejection. However seing the actual situation of the country, don't you think that the best solution would be to simply give each sect/community dominion over it's own territories and be done with it already? it's been 60 years we've been trying to build a country and failing miserably at every turn, so what's the point of sticking to it.
    عزيزي بلاسيبو.....ما يبّدو لك كمواطن شأنك شأن غيرك من المواطنين المساكين أنه صراع طوائف وزعامات طائفية ...لكنّه في حقيقة الأمر هو مجرّد مسرحية هزّلية من قبلّ أمراء الطوائف للحفاظ على ديمومة أماراتهم وتوريثها عن غير حق ألى أبنائهم و أحفادهم من بعدهم وذلك بأبقاء الشعب أللبناني مشغولاً عن محاسبتهم بأشغاله يومياً بمشاكل أمنّية وطائفية من خلال الأعتداء على مقامات دينية للطائفة الأخرى.. أو خطف مواطن من ألطائفة الأخرى أو شتمّ بعضهم بعضاً على محطات التلّفزة ونشر الخوف في صفوف مناصريهم من الآخر ...فيصّبح ألشعب موهوماً بمخاوف نفّسية أفتراضية ...فترى مواطن يخّبرك عن منّطقة لا يجّرؤ على الذهاب أليها فقط لأنه سمع عنها أخباراً ملفّقة ولم يخّتبرها بنفّسه

فيا عزيزي مشكلتنا كشعب لبناني ليست مع بعضنا البعّض أنما مشّكلتنا الحقيقية هي مع هذه الطبقة الحاكمة والمستفيدين منها أللتي لا تأبه لأمرنا ولأمننا ولمشاكلنا ... ومثل صغير وليس ببعيد على ذلك حادثة غرق العبّارة الأندونيسية
    أعتقد أنه أصبح من الواضح الآن للشعب أللبناني سبب مآسيهم وويلاتهم والأمثلة كثيرة جداً جداً على ما أقوله

أما من ألناحية المنّطقية فلبنان كما هو ألآن في ورّطة أقتصادية كبيرة ومنذ أن ولدت للآن وأنا أسمع أن الميزان التجاري أللبناني في عجز دائم وهو ألسؤال ألوحيد ألذي لا يمّكن لأي تلميذ مهما كان غبياً أن يخطئ في الأجابة عنه، فيا صديقي بلاسيبو قبل أن تطّرح الموّضوع بشكل بسيط كان من الأفّضل أن تشّرح لنا سياسياً وأقتصادياً ومعيشياً كيف سيتمّ ذلك
    وألا لا فائدة من موضوعك مع أحترامي الشديد لأفكارك البنّأة

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    The Maronites collaboration with the Israelis is really over rated and really shameful when Muslims speak of it. The Maronite-israeli deals don't make up a drop of Muslim treachery and collaboration with Israel. In 1948, while the Lebanese Army under Maronites command was crushing Israeli militias in northern Palestine, Muslims were backstabbing each other.... with every Lebanese advancement against the Israelis, king Abdallah l of Jordan, who reside the Arab Israeli war, used to order the army to retreat. Moreover, it wasn't the Maronites who threw rice and roses on Israeli soldiers in South Lebanon. Wasn't joumhourel moukawameh who did it? BBecause back then the Palestinians were humiliating and threating the Shi'ites?
    How come it is acceptable for you to deal with the Israelis to protect yourself, but you forbid that from the Maronites.

Speaking of slavery to the west, we all know who are the slaves.... ya3neh, again, the Maronites are the least to be seen for it. In contrary, the Maronites used their religious ties to the west to modernize Lebanon. Printing press was brought, schools were flourishing all over Lebanon, silk trade and others economic opportunities.... it wasn't a surprise to have Arab Renaissance coming from Christians of the Levant.

Again, the Maronites were not the ones detached to other Lebanese. It was the other who used Nasser and later the Palestinians to corner the Maronites.
    As the flower throwers on Israeli soldiers in south Lebanon, Maronites have also the right to deal with the devil to protect themselves.... moukhtara have personally hosted Sharon in 82, yet, you still talk about the Maronites. Get over the Israeli Maronite bla bla... ya3neh, Muslims are the last ones who should point a finger.
    Could you rephrase that without using Maronites but Christians? While the Maronites constituted the majority of Lebanese Christians, Orthodox, Greek Catholics, and all other Christian minorities probably contributed to the economy, trade, education, culture and advancement of the Arab world and especially the Levant, to a much greater extent than the Maronites (who back in the days were mostly peasants living in mountains) ever did.

That's not to sound racist and sectarian, but I hear that kind of speech by the Maronites all the time. Maronites take too much credit for what others have achieved! And I'm not only talking about Christians, but Muslims as well!

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I haven't said that the Christians are angels. In contrary, some here tried to portray them as evil. It wasn't until I straightened some accusations that suddenly Christians became as bad as others.

Anyhow, l'm not sure about the filthy history of Christians in Lebanon you mentioned. Maybe you can elaborate on that.

If being objective means sectarianism, let it be. Christians even Muslims 3am yetra7amo on past where the Maronites were in control.
    So don't blame if some Christians who wants to live that era again. The era were lebanon was somehow prosperior where Arabs used to envy our living. Unfortunately, it is only achievable thru partitioning because in one part you have HA mini state and Sunnis emerits everywhere else.
    Well first off, I'm not going to further elaborate on Maronite aggression in Lebanon, however their filthy history is well documented, it would do you some good to read a history book once in a while!

Plus, you're not being objective, don't kid yourself! Being objective would require you to include some of your mistakes along with everyone else's! Lebanon wasn't heaven on earth in the 60s! If it was we would have never had a civil war in the 70s!

Furthermore, if indeed Arabs used to envy your living, well Lebanon was never partitioned, so unfortunately for you, that would mean that a "prosperior" (not a real word btw, I think you meant prosperous) Lebanon isn't achieved through partition but through unity!

And finally, I am blaming you because you seem to be one of the biggest advocates of partitioning Lebanon based on sects! I say why stop there, let's partition this whole area! As johnny FPM has pointed out, move some people around and you'd get a better piece of the cake! maybe include Zahle in your mount Lebanon mini state! And what happens in your Christian mini-state then? Would all your problems magically disappear? Would you suddenly get better health care? Would your opinion suddenly matter? Would people stop killing each other? What? Would you displace everyone with a different confessional system because they might ask for their own piece of land some day and split your cake even more? What would be the official language of your mini-state?

Those Christians you're talking about are sectarian idiots! They're scared of mythical dragons and sorcerers! They're moronic people who look at history through rose colored polarized lenses!

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not really a fan of partitioning, mostly, because the land is too small.

Khazen and Mur are almost over..... Ja3ja3 have no kids and he's in his 60s. He barely have another 10 good years in politics.... he is frail and he don't seem that healthy.

Gmayels are also weak.... Franjiyeh are local to zgharta.... but moreover, an overall look, Christians would cease to rally behind Christian leaders based on "I protect you from the evil Muslims". The competition would more or less on other issues, such as the economic and social issues. [/QUOTE]

I highly doubt this prospect. It will become a competetion on who's more Christian than the other. Please read up on Maronite history and you'll get an idea about how biological cells split their chromosomes. At various times in history there were 2 Batraks at the same time!... And all of it had nothing to do with Muslims.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member

Khazen and Mur are almost over..... Ja3ja3 have no kids and he's in his 60s. He barely have another 10 good years in politics.... he is frail and he don't seem that healthy.

Gmayels are also weak.... Franjiyeh are local to zgharta.... but moreover, an overall look, Christians would cease to rally behind Christian leaders based on "I protect you from the evil Muslims". The competition would more or less on other issues, such as the economic and social issues. [/
    I highly doubt this prospect. It will become a competetion on who's more Christian than the other. Please read up on Maronite history and you'll get an idea about how biological cells split their chromosomes. At various times in history there were 2 Batraks at the same time!... And all of it had nothing to do with Muslims.
    I agree with you.
    And this will go on so long as we have tribal mentalities.

We are tribesmen and not countrymen.
    Maronites, being the biggest christian block in Lebanon haven't been able to rely around a single guy in hundreds of years.
    Moreover, the maronites' first victim has always been their fellow christians (catholics and orthodox....although, some may consider these guys muslims, but that's for another thread).

Anywho, it we were to partition Lebanon the right way, it will be based on tribes and not religious groups.
    Then we will have: Khazen-Lebanon, Murr-Lebanon, Hariri-Lebanon and so on and so forth.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    I didn't mention 'Muslim' in my post for you to think I'm claiming they're less sectarian, and I dare not say that. They're all worse than each other. If you want a decent place to live in, it is your role to look beyond ignorance in our society and try to make it better, not take it further backwards.
    I'm not saying who's more or less sectarian. I'm describing a situation that Christians had been stocked with since 1943. From 1943 to 1975, Muslims were not happy, just because the Christians had a BIT of political power over them. In 1990, they got what they want, yet, they still unhappy, undermining the state, its institution, the economy and making Lebanon a miserable place. 1943-2013 rawwe7 makanak.... Some Christians cannot tolerate to live in such state anymore.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member

Gmayels are also weak.... Franjiyeh are local to zgharta.... but moreover, an overall look, Christians would cease to rally behind Christian leaders based on "I protect you from the evil Muslims". The competition would more or less on other issues, such as the economic and social issues. [/QUOTE]

It's 2013 not 1013.... most Maronites do not even go to Church on Sunday. The Patriarch does not longer represent the Maronites. Things have change religiously. The only fear is tribalism, but even if we have to live under Christian tribalism like we did from 1943-75, Christians would be a 1000 times better than the current conditions.
    With the ascendant parties such as FPM and the Lebanese Forces, tribalism will continue a retreat as we've been witnessing for the past few years.

johnnyFPM

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
    It's 2013 not 1013.... most Maronites do not even go to Church on Sunday. The Patriarch does not longer represent the Maronites. Things have change religiously. The only fear is tribalism, but even if we have to live under Christian tribalism like we did from 1943-75, Christians would be a 1000 times better than the current conditions.
    With the ascendant parties such as FPM and the Lebanese Forces, tribalism will continue a retreat as we've been witnessing for the past few years.
    Let me add to that: most tribal leaders have kept their power over the tribes thanks to the Syrian occupation (that needed them back then). Make a 100% democratic country where the state exists and is able to provide basic needs, no one will turn to Murr, Fattouch, Franjieh, etc anymore. And even if the Christian state is weak, i'd rather live in a country ruled by these tribal leaders than live in a country where I can't go to the airport without fearing a non-governmental 7ajez or a bomb on the way, going to the Bekaa without fearing being car-jacked or caught in syrian free army fire, going to the north without fearing terrorists bombing of feeling I'm in Kandahar or Kabboul, etc.

Christians are defacto living in a Christian state, for all these reasons enumerated above...

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    I'm not saying who's more or less sectarian. I'm describing a situation that Christians had been stocked with since 1943. From 1943 to 1975, Muslims were not happy, just because the Christians had a BIT of political power over them. In 1990, they got what they want, yet, they still unhappy, undermining the state, its institution, the economy and making Lebanon a miserable place. 1943-2013 rawwe7 makanak.... Some Christians cannot tolerate to live in such state anymore.
    You lost me at the capitalized 'bit'. As I had mentioned, and the above 'bit' is proof, partition advocates are brainwashed by a sectarian society and sectarian parents.

On this earth you got a [email protected] state with certain God loving Christians burying other Christian alive and bombing worshipers in Church. Giving birth to [email protected] number 2 isn't going to be a good experience. You'll get your beautiful state in heaven, just hang in there.

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    You lost me at the capitalized 'bit'. As I had mentioned, and the above 'bit' is proof, partition advocates are brainwashed by a sectarian society and sectarian parents.

On this earth you got a [email protected] state with certain God loving Christians burying other Christian alive and bombing worshipers in Church. Giving birth to [email protected] number 2 isn't going to be a good experience. You'll get your beautiful state in heaven, just hang in there.
    I hate taking the side of Christians in any matter. But let's agree, Muslims are much more sectarian than Christians, and if a Muslim is discriminated against in a Christian country, it pales in comparison to how Christians are discriminated against in Muslim countries... From Nigeria to Pakistan, passing through the entire Arab world, Christians are not just being "discriminated against", they are being persecuted, massacred, butchered...

Now you wanna come up with some talking points on how I am wrong by citing some examples, fine... I'm sure some Christians have decapitated Muslims, but that never became a habit.

Most Lebanese Christians are secular. Mind you that you can be secular and have sectarian tendencies. Ask me whether I believe that Lebanon can be part of Syria. I'll tell you no, because I am sincerely worried about what life would be like under purely Islamic rule. Others go further and even fear of living under Islamic rule in Lebanon! Heck, isn't that already happening somehow in some areas in the North? Being harassed for not wearing a veil or wearing a short skirt happens much more frequently than being harassed for wearing the hijab!

That being said, I am not one of those who sanction the idea of partitioning. I am firmly against it! However, I do believe that a strong Federal state with empowered provinces can benefit Lebanon from an administrative point of view. Why? Because the deadlock at national level is killing growth. Perhaps with Federalism, certain regions can move forward in reforms and improving their industrial infrastructure!

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I hate taking the side of Christians in any matter. But let's agree, Muslims are much more sectarian than Christians, and if a Muslim is discriminated against in a Christian country, it pales in comparison to how Christians are discriminated against in Muslim countries... From Nigeria to Pakistan, passing through the entire Arab world, Christians are not just being "discriminated against", they are being persecuted, massacred, butchered...

Now you wanna come up with some talking points on how I am wrong by citing some examples, fine... I'm sure some Christians have decapitated Muslims, but that never became a habit.

Most Lebanese Christians are secular. Mind you that you can be secular and have sectarian tendencies. Ask me whether I believe that Lebanon can be part of Syria. I'll tell you no, because I am sincerely worried about what life would be like under purely Islamic rule. Others go further and even fear of living under Islamic rule in Lebanon! Heck, isn't that already happening somehow in some areas in the North? Being harassed for not wearing a veil or wearing a short skirt happens much more frequently than being harassed for wearing the hijab!

That being said, I am not one of those who sanction the idea of partitioning. I am firmly against it! However, I do believe that a strong Federal state with empowered provinces can benefit Lebanon from an administrative point of view. Why? Because the deadlock at national level is killing growth. Perhaps with Federalism, certain regions can move forward in reforms and improving their industrial infrastructure!
    Talking about discrimination, I'm sure you've seen this video!

[VBTUBE]XvIDqgyK8fw[/VBTUBE]

Religious bigots and sectarian idiots are everywhere! It's not really about who's more sectarian than the other - describing people as more or less sectarian is in itself sectarian! - You either discriminate against people from a different confessional system or you don't! Your religion really doesn't matter here!

Federalism isn't really a solution to Lebanon's issues! It would be a joke if applied and the country would be in even bigger trouble! What we actually need is a national series of seminars on sectarianism that would allow people to get to know their fellow Lebanese!

This whole thread took a left turn into a joke of a topic actually! Everyone's so focused on proving how there's no point in talking to others from different sects, claiming they're more sectarian than he is, or insinuating that everyone from his confessional system are beyond reproach while others are what's wrong with our society!

Edit: You're all educated people, get over your irrational hatred and focus on something that would actually benefit your children and grandchildren!

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member

If by federalism we can improve, I'd be the first advocate for an independant Shia state. Being the most endangered species on the planet, anything that can secure our survival is a must try. However, I believe forming secterian cantons puts us at a higher risk of 'eradication'. It'd be a large concentration camp.

The region is very fragile and the only way to stay safe is to spread out and create a heterogenous state governed by one law. Lebanon is too tiny to withstand further divisions.

There is no such thing as shoeslamic rule in the Levant and there never will be. I'm a Muslim and I oppose what you fear more than you do, as do the majority of Muslims in our region. No intolerant barbarians of any faith will rule and the use and abuse of Islam will come to an end.