• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pet Peeves

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
"I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic fucking hatreds!" --George Carlin​

Feel free to share your pet peeves.

Spelling mistakes in work e-mails annoy the crap out of me. My reaction:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    - Noise (TV, machinery, vehicles, people talking loudly, kids screaming...)
    - When the heating is on too strong
    - Ugly things / places
    - Dirty things / places / people
    - Clutter
    - Shoes in the house
    - Smoking indoors
    - When people talk to me before I had my morning coffee (except to say good morning and give me a hug)
    - When I'm enjoying a song and people sing along and ruin it
    - When people stand over my shoulder while I'm reading / working
    - When strangers touch me / get too close / breath down my neck in public places
    - When people cough / sneaze without covering their face
    - People making noises when they eat
    - Bad manners in general
    - Nagging
    - An overly pessimistic attitude
    - An overly exuberant attitude
    - Long nails
    - Snobs
    - Shallowness
    - Commercials / ads

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    @Muki , I forgot a couple...

- When someone I'm with, in public, makes embarrassing comments within earshot of others

- When someone I'm with, in public, is rude to waiters / service people, or homeless people

Actually, the second is more than a pet peeve. We can't be friends if you do this :p

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    1. - Noise (TV, machinery, vehicles, people talking loudly, kids screaming...)
    2. - When the heating is on too strong
    3. - Ugly things / places
    4. - Dirty things / places / people
    5. - Clutter
    6. - Shoes in the house
    7. - Smoking indoors
    8. - When people talk to me before I had my morning coffee (except to say good morning and give me a hug)
    9. - When I'm enjoying a song and people sing along and ruin it
    10. - When people stand over my shoulder while I'm reading / working
    11. - When strangers touch me / get too close / breath down my neck in public places
    12. - When people cough / sneaze without covering their face
    13. - People making noises when they eat
    14. - Bad manners in general
    15. - Nagging
    16. - An overly pessimistic attitude
    17. - An overly exuberant attitude
    18. - Long nails
    19. - Snobs
    20. - Shallowness
    21. - Commercials / ads
    Damn, that is an extensive list. You put a lot of thought and time into it :p. I numbered the list for ease of response, so I don't have to create a quote maze.
    1. Nah, I work great in noisy environments. I do hate noise when I wake up though -- I guess my head needs sometimes to adjust!
    2. Luckily I don't have to worry about that! I think I've turned central heating once in the past 10 years.
    3. I wouldn't say it's a pet peeve for me.
    4. This one it depends... how dirty are we talking about?
    5. I don't feel strongly about it to call it pet peeve.
    6. Nope.
    7. Smoking what? :p. I agree though. In rare occasions I am guilty, though.
    8. How much do you struggle with this? :p.
    9. G-g-g-g-uiltyyyyyy.
    10. Tell me about it. Some people do not even try to hide it!
    I agree with the rest, except 17. What's wrong with being overly exuberant?

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    @Muki , I forgot a couple...

- When someone I'm with, in public, makes embarrassing comments within earshot of others

- When someone I'm with, in public, is rude to waiters / service people, or homeless people

Actually, the second is more than a pet peeve. We can't be friends if you do this :p
    Hah, guilty of the first :p. I usually do it in a humor setting though!

100% agree with second one and share your sentiment.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    1. Nah, I work great in noisy environments. I do hate noise when I wake up though -- I guess my head needs sometimes to adjust!
    Yes, it's much worse when you just wake up. But my ears are more sensitive than most people, in general.

Luckily I don't have to worry about that! I think I've turned central heating once in the past 10 years.
    I feel like heating goes from "this is nice and warm" to "omg I can't breath" within one second. It's especially bad in the car.

I wouldn't say it's a pet peeve for me.
    Ugly things and places are so depressing! And I'm not comparing poor places and cheap things to fancy places and expensive things. Some poor places are full of charm and some fancy places are tasteless.

This one it depends... how dirty are we talking about?
    Let's put it this way. Things can be considered dirty even if you don't actually see dirt on them :p

I don't feel strongly about it to call it pet peeve.
    Clutter kind of goes in the same category as ugly. It's not a good vibe to be surrounded with.

Also, it's synonymous with disorganization, which is another pet peeve!

Nope?!

I'm totally Asian when it comes to shoes in the house. No one is bringing all that nastiness from the street into my house :p

I don't understand people who walk with shoes indoors and let their kids crawl all around the floors, then climb onto the sofas or beds.

Also...shoes on the bed or furniture?!!!! Wtf is wrong with people?!

Smoking what? :p. I agree though. In rare occasions I am guilty, though.
    No drugs allowed in my house...so I'm talking about cigarettes :p I actually get very sick from it.

Also, the residue sticks to the walls, the curtains, the furniture, the carpets...literally everything. Even your clean clothes end up smelling like cigarettes.

Same in the car.

People who insist on smoking should smoke outside.

How much do you struggle with this? :p.
    You can test me at your own risk and peril :p

G-g-g-g-uiltyyyyyy.
    It doesn't bother me if everyone is singing along or if it's a lively atmosphere. Only if all is silent except the music, and someone snaps me out of my daydreams :p

Tell me about it. Some people do not even try to hide it!
    Once, my boss' boss visited our workplace. I couldn't stand her. She was teaching us a new program on the computer. She stood behind me and said: "Now, you try it. I'm watching." To which I replied: "You want some popcorn?"

The words just came out of my mouth in a nanosecond, without me thinking about them. And, as soon as they did, I thought I was in trouble. But she just laughed :p

I agree with the rest, except 17. What's wrong with being overly exuberant?
    People who are always happy are not human! :p

I can't keep up with all that happy energy. It's draining. And it feels fake, even though it may not be.

Or maybe I'm just a bitter a-hole.

Je ne sais pas...

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, it's much worse when you just wake up. But my ears are more sensitive than most people, in general.
    Yup, everyone's built differently. It also depends on whether you are used to it, or not. I worked near loud machines during my teen years, so I kind of just got used to a lot of noise and learned to block out noise while studying/working. I'd be so focused, you need to physically poke me to get my attention as I wouldn't hear you :D.

I feel like heating goes from "this is nice and warm" to "omg I can't breath" within one second. It's especially bad in the car.
    Yup. I feel that way with infrared heat trapped in the car after being locked all day!

Ugly things and places are so depressing! And I'm not comparing poor places and cheap things to fancy places and expensive things. Some poor places are full of charm and some fancy places are tasteless.
    I'm having a hard time visualizing/remembering an ugly place lol... any examples come to your mind? :p.

Let's put it this way. Things can be considered dirty even if you don't actually see dirt on them :p
    After some thought, I'd say this isn't a pet peeve for me. When I'm disgusted from something dirty, it's usually waaaaaaaay beyond the pet peeve stage :D.

Clutter kind of goes in the same category as ugly. It's not a good vibe to be surrounded with.

Also, it's synonymous with disorganization, which is another pet peeve!
    Hah. Here's my desk at work:

2a50pyh.jpg

I do clean it from time to time, though :p. My boss came over yesterday, asked me to show him a sheet.. I was looking for it and he's like "want me to organize a search party?" :D :D

My home is different though. It's clean and there is no clutter.

Nope?!

I'm totally Asian when it comes to shoes in the house. No one is bringing all that nastiness from the street into my house :p

I don't understand people who walk with shoes indoors and let their kids crawl all around the floors, then climb onto the sofas or beds.

Also...shoes on the bed or furniture?!!!! Wtf is wrong with people?!
    Well no shoes on bed or furniture OK.. but no shoes in the house at all? Pfft, relax Indie Chung-Ho.

Though I guess I should say -- if I go to someone's home and they have this rule, I respect it... and I pray my feet don't stink :p.

No drugs allowed in my house...so I'm talking about cigarettes :p I actually get very sick from it.

Also, the residue sticks to the walls, the curtains, the furniture, the carpets...literally everything. Even your clean clothes end up smelling like cigarettes.

Same in the car.

People who insist on smoking should smoke outside.
    I don't smoke cigarettes and I only smoke hookah occasionally, but I do agree.

Even weed I smoke outdoors most of the time.

You can test me at your own risk and peril :p
    I'll settle for a good morning, a hug... and probably throw in a kiss :p.

It doesn't bother me if everyone is singing along or if it's a lively atmosphere. Only if all is silent except the music, and someone snaps me out of my daydreams :p
    Hmm. I have a similar pet peeve, I suppose. I do not like people talking in the car when I'm driving and I want to listen to music lol. If they insist, I drown their voices by raising the volume!

Once, my boss' boss visited our workplace. I couldn't stand her. She was teaching us a new program on the computer. She stood behind me and said: "Now, you try it. I'm watching." To which I replied: "You want some popcorn?"

The words just came out of my mouth in a nanosecond, without me thinking about them. And, as soon as they did, I thought I was in trouble. But she just laughed :p
    Hahaha. I was studying in college one time, with a privacy screen protector on my screen so people next to me wouldn't see what I'm doing. Suddenly, I see this girl trying to reach over behind me so she can see my screen and I'm like ".... can I help you random girl trying to violate my privacy?"

People who are always happy are not human! :p

I can't keep up with all that happy energy. It's draining. And it feels fake, even though it may not be.

Or maybe I'm just a bitter a-hole.

Je ne sais pas...
    Depends on person I guess... I'm pretty happy in my nature. I'm always smiling, and I like to be contagious, make others smile. I also got very thick skin, and it usually takes a lot to change my mood. Being happy prolongs your life! Google it, it's true :p.

I don't think you're bitter, I think you have one 'type' of happy in mind that you think is annoying, and I find that kind of happy annoying also because from my experience it's often not genuine; just a facade.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    -Drama queens.
    -People with an artificially inflated sense of entitlement.
    -People who waste my time, in general.. for example, tardy people who do not give me heads up, as if I'm supposed to run my life by their schedules.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    - Noise (TV, machinery, vehicles, people talking loudly, kids screaming...)
    - When the heating is on too strong
    - Ugly things / places
    - Dirty things / places / people
    - Clutter
    - Shoes in the house
    - Smoking indoors
    - When people talk to me before I had my morning coffee (except to say good morning and give me a hug)
    - When I'm enjoying a song and people sing along and ruin it
    - When people stand over my shoulder while I'm reading / working
    - When strangers touch me / get too close / breath down my neck in public places
    - When people cough / sneaze without covering their face
    - People making noises when they eat
    - Bad manners in general
    - Nagging
    - An overly pessimistic attitude
    - An overly exuberant attitude
    - Long nails
    - Snobs
    - Shallowness
    - Commercials / ads
    -People with a laundry list of pet peeves.

Just kidding :D.

Nasser

-Babies on a plane.
    -People who talks excessively.
    -People who feels the urge to let us know every single detail of their lives on facebook. Like literally a status update per hour.
    -Excessive usage of perfume.
    -Picking up a friend who is always late to show up. Like even if you're a friend, I don't HAVE to wait 30 minutes for you on the street.
    -That person you just know, he isn't really a friend, when you meet him by chance then before leaving they say "khalina nshoufak, lets plan something out" when we both know that we ain't gonna meet again any time soon, you don't have to lie about making some plans out.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    - noisy food chewing, la3wase with open mouth
    - people who let their shit eating dog lick them all over the face
    - screamy, high pitch voices

And the most disgusting of them all
    - those who sneeze out their slimy mucus brains all over the place, and leave their yellowish swine flu stains on walls, desks, floors and doorhandles.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    -guests who park in your driveway and block you on.
    -slow drivers on the freeway at 2 in the morning.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    - People who love the sound of their own voice so much you literally can't place a word in.

- When you attentively listen to someone and validate their feelings, then when it's your turn to talk you can tell they're not listening because their eyes /attention are constantly shifting to other things and / or they interupt you for no good reason.

- In a group setting when people talk over each other instead of taking turns and the tone gradually goes up until all you can hear is the almost screaming voices of 5 different conversations going on at the same time.

- People who bore you with every last, insignificant detail of their kid's life.

- People who have no class.

- People who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

- People who genuinely believe they are superior to others and make you feel like screaming a list of all their flaws and shortcomings to their face.