• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

PHOENICIA "STONEHENGE"

S

suhail jalbout

PHOENICIA “STONEHENGE”

BY SUHAIL JALBOUT

Did the Phoenicians discover the New World thousands of years ago? A question that is still open for debate. All the theories that were presented to date do not give a firm proof of their visit to the Americas in the remote past. In this article, I shall provide new evidence to support the views that the Phoenicians did discover the Americas.

A Stonehenge was discovered in the town of Salem, New Hampshire, in the northeast of the United States of America. The megalithic astronomical site consists of large standing stones that have been erected to align with astronomical events similar to the Stonehenge in England. The stones line up with the summer and winter solstices and with the equinoxes. In addition, the site has a “sacrificial stone table” and a “Baal stone” with inscription that say: “to Baal on behalf of the Canaanites this is dedicated”. What is more important is that the summer solstice line extends from the summer solstice stones at the American Stonehenge to the Stonehenge in England where it passes through one of its trilithons and then it continues further east to the south of Beirut, Lebanon, the home of the Phoenicians.1

This very precise alignment is very interesting and could be a proof that the American Stonehenge was built by the Phoenicians if and only if an ancient astronomical site exists to the south of Beirut in “Beirut Sands” area. So my long search started to find a Stonehenge near Beirut. The area where I have concentrated is from Beirut Golf Course to the end of Hariri’s International Airport. Unfortunately, my site visits to the area, studying Aerial photography pictures of the site, and visits to the Beirut museum lead to negative results.

My second line of search was to find the names of archeologists that did some excavation work in the same location. I found out that both Lorraine Copeland and Peter Wescombe did explore the area in the early sixties. Lorraine was an archeologist with over 50 years of experience and Peter was a British diplomat who was stationed in Lebanon between 1963 and 1966.

Lorrain and Peter found an important ancient archeological site which was located at the southeast end of one of the main runways of the airport. In 1964 preliminary excavations were carried out. The site contained six stone circle structures about 20 to 40 meters from the runway. The circles were formed from large river boulders varying in diameters from eight to fifteen meters. The stones of the circles were irregular oval or round in shape and they vary in length between three and six meters. Unfortunately, the circles were bulldozed in 1965, due to building operations, and no evidence of their existence remained to date.2

These ancient six stone circles must have been an astronomical site. It is well known that the ancients build stone circles for astronomical events. There are no pictures or sketches that show how these stone circles were positioned with respect to each other. So it is not possible to evaluate whether each circle represented an astronomical event or all joint together formed an astronomical observation station. However, what is important to realize is that the summer solstice line that leaves the American Stonehenge passes through the estimated location of these Stone Circles. We can thus conclude that this site was the “STONEHENGE” OF PHOENICIA.

I really doubt whether the summer solstice alignment of the three Stonehenge’s is just coincidental. I believe it was intended by the builders of the American Stonehenge to indicate the direction of their home land Phoenicia. The only everlasting method for indicating the origin of the builders is by using astronomical events which occur on a yearly basis, do not change, and remain as long as the Sun and Earth exist.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Phoenicians did discover the New World. They were both sky watchers and bird watchers. During their ample free time at sea, they used to watch the stars at night and migrating birds during the day. From their sky watching they discovered the North Star which is still used for navigation. However, from their migrating birds watching, they discovered new lands both in the Mediterranean Sea and in the Atlantic Ocean. They knew that migratory birds seek distant lands for food, water, and nesting. So it is highly probable that they followed the birds that migrated from Europe or Africa to the New World. There are many species of birds that migrate across the Atlantic on yearly basis such as: the Cattle Egret, Songbird, Manx Shearwater etc. However, the Great Shearwater is of special interest because the Phoenicians may have followed its migrating route. This seabird keeps on circulating the Atlantic Ocean. One of its major landing spots is in the Bay of Fundy.3 Since the Phoenicians were in Spain, Portugal, Morocco, and the Canary Islands in addition to their Tin trade with the British Island, it is highly probable that they encountered the Great Shearwater during their travel in the Atlantic. Following its migrating rout leads them to the Bay of Fundy which is only 280 miles from the American Stonehenge in Salem, NH. If the papyrus boat “Ra II” made the journey from Safi to Barbados, over 4,000 miles, it is highly probable that the Phoenician ships can withstand the journey irrespective of the route since they were made from cedar wood.

I wish to add that there is new evidence which supports the view that the Phoenicians did reach Salem or the Americas. A Carthaginian “gold map coin” from approximately 341 BC was discovered showing the map of the ancient world on which both England and the New World appear in addition to Europe, Africa and the Middle East.4

I am looking forward for the world community to credit the Phoenicians for their discovery of the New World.

REFERENCES

[1]

A-America's Stonehenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Stonehenge

B-The American Stonehenge and Stonehenge England ...

https://iamisatthedoors.wordpress.com/.../the-american-stonehenge-and-st...

C-Theory of Phoenician discovery of the Americas - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIn6USamFEk

[2]

A-Sands of Beirut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sands_of_Beirut

B-Bir Hassan - Learn more about Bir Hassan at IT1Me.com. Bir ...

www.it1me.com/learn?s=Bir_Hassan

C-appendix 2 archeological assessment - Council for ...

www.cdr.gov.lb/.../Volume%202%20-%20Appendix%202-%20Archeol..

D-4 - Documents & Reports - World Bank

www-wds.worldbank.org/.../WDSContentServer/WDSP/.../multi_page.p...

E- Lorraine Copeland; P. Wescombe (1965). Inventory of Stone-Age sites in Lebanon, p. 133-134. Imprimerie Catholique

[3]

A-Tristan da Cunha Great Shearwater

Tristan da Cunha Great Shearwater

B- Dr. Christopher Perrins (1976). Birds. P84,85,146. Abrams Inc Publishers NY

[4]

A-Did the Phoenicians Discover the New World?

phoenicia.org/america.html

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
in a documentary on National Georgraphic
they made the point that we landed in that continent centuries ago

S

suhail jalbout

in a documentary on National Georgraphic
they made the point that we landed in that continent centuries ago

I have contacted National Geographic before I posted the OP to enquire whether they can confirm that the Phoenicians did land in the New World. They did not confirm. Do you have the vol. No and the month of the issue in which they made the point that they have landed? Thanks

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
My only concern is that the history Chanel tends to dramatize and sometimes, they create incredible stories (that are likely bullshit) to draw attention and audience...!
Ya3ne this report is credible as is the the "ancient astronauts" series?

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
From my understanding, this still some fringe stuff not validated by historians. It's the sort of thing you see in the "origin of Lebanese words" thread. It's not science. OTOH, there's no question the Vikings got there before Columbus.

S

suhail jalbout

From my understanding, this still some fringe stuff not validated by historians. It's the sort of thing you see in the "origin of Lebanese words" thread. It's not science. OTOH, there's no question the Vikings got there before Columbus.

S

suhail jalbout

The OP was re-written in approx. 3,500 words. It is published in NEXUS MAGAZINE, Vol. 24, No 3, (April – May 2017) issue for distribution in UK, Europe, Australia etc. and (May – June 2017) issue for USA and Canada.

Reactions: Jo
Primata

Primata

yeah bcz the etymology of words is a mythical tale of magic & fantasy 🤦‍♂️